Dw cbob

PDA

BULLSI
January 9, 2010, 01:23 PM
Got me a new gun yesterday. Pretty stoked about it.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/pooknator/long%20term/100_5855Medium.jpg

Hunted it down from the links here.
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=496061&highlight=dan+wesson+cbob

Got it from the Newington Gun Exchange which is in Connecticut. Nice to work with and would order from them again if I had to. Said I wanted it overnight and they had it here Friday. Didn't really charge me for the overnight either. First gun I bought online, overall it was a pleasant experience.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dw cbob" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
January 9, 2010, 01:28 PM
Great choice you are lucky to get one now. They are gone from the production lineup as of JAn 1 2010.

BULLSI
January 9, 2010, 01:44 PM
That is why I decided to get it. You cant get a new one if they dont make it anymore (or hard to get anyways).

They said they had it for two weeks and couldnt believe that it was still there. I dont see anything wrong with it so I guess I got lucky and no-one else bought it. Wont shoot it for awhile since it is about ten degrees outside today. But I dont think there will be any issues.

19-3Ben
January 9, 2010, 01:59 PM
Why in the hell did they discontinue the C-bob, and what is the difference between the C-bob, and the Vbob that I see on their website.

NinjaFeint
January 9, 2010, 02:04 PM
The guys at newington gun exchange are awesome and its 15 minutes from my apartment. I bought my first gun there. Congrats on the new purchase.

rellascout
January 9, 2010, 02:18 PM
People have been asking for a forged frame. The new VBOB will have that. The CBOB is cast. I personally have never heard of one of the CBOB cast frames failing but oh well. They are going to be using a new black coating similar to what is on the current Valor which will add a wopping $400 to the gun pushing it into the $2000 range. You will also get Heinie Ledge Straight Eight night sights instead of Novak style sights.

The real reason that they are getting rid of the more value ended guns like the CBOB is because DW can only produce about 2500 to 3500 guns a year. They need to make more money per gun then they are now.

The CBOB used to sell everywhere for about $800. Now they are $1000. They will continue to go up even if left in the current configuration. It is my understanding that they are going to bring more parts production in house and by making the whole line Valor guns there will be more parts commonality allowing them to at least have some economy of scale working for them vs against them.

The new Valor line is going after the big boys. They want to be Les Baer, Wilson Combat or Ed Brown. IMHO they are not and never will be but they did not ask my opinion before making this move. Those other brands are well entrenched. They have long standing reps for delivering solid products for a long time. I personally think that the price points of $1300 to $1500 for DW is simply too high.

If faced with a choice between the $1400 DW and $1600 Les Baer people are going to sill pick the Baer. This is not to say that DW will not sell the 3500 pistols they produce but IMHO they will not be looked at in the same light. They have a nice growing following but most people have chosen DW for the value. They make some of the nicest "production" 1911s on the market. IMHO they have a long way to go before they are thought of as a semi-custom maker.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dw cbob" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!