Gun show score - 1903 Colt

PDA

MattTheHat
January 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
I just fell into this one today. I've got an '03 off being modified, so when I saw this one, I couldn't help myself. It's a Type I, 1904 production.
As per my usual, the pics don't do it justice. The trigger, safety, bushing plug, pins and grip screw all show lots of color left from their original
nitre blued finish. From examining the pins, I'm not sure this gun has ever even been field stripped.

Me like! Not bad for 105 years old!

-Matt

http://www.d-slr.com/guns/03_colt_r.jpg

http://www.d-slr.com/guns/03_colt_l.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun show score - 1903 Colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ohio Gun Guy
January 9, 2010, 04:52 PM
Nice....

FUN! That why I like gun shows. SOMETIMES you find something.

bestseller92
January 9, 2010, 05:09 PM
Those old Colts are the bomb!

Remember, though, they aren't "drop safe"

In the new "Combat Handguns", Mas Ayoob has a story about a writer for SWAT magazine who was killed when a 1903 Colt .32 fell out if his waistband, discharged, and hit him in the chest.

MattTheHat
January 9, 2010, 05:36 PM
Yep, you don't want to drop one, that's for sure. I normally don't carry with a round chambered any way. And if I was in a situation where I felt I needed to, I'd be carrying something a bit more potent any way. :)

-Matt

modifiedbrowning
January 9, 2010, 05:56 PM
Very cool. I picked up a Husqvarna Model 1907 (licensed copy of the 1905) last summer.
Neat pistols for sure.

Morgo
January 9, 2010, 10:04 PM
Nice :)

BossHogg
January 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Nice guns not meaning to be nosey but what are you paying for these guns. I really like them but only seem to find guns that look like they wouldn't work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun show score - 1903 Colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!