My Wife Wants My Carry Gun

PDA

sigbear
January 9, 2010, 06:47 PM
After all these years, my wife decided to get her CCW, trouble is, she wants my Walther P99C in 9mm, my favorite carry gun because it weights 18 OZ. empty, holds 16+1 and is accurate as hell.

Does that mean I have to go out and buy me a new carry gun? or maybe 2.

Sigbear

If you enjoyed reading about "My Wife Wants My Carry Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fourwedge
January 9, 2010, 07:00 PM
Amen to that, give it to her brother! Then you get a new toy and you have a cool wife who thinks you did it Just because you love her!!!!!!!!

Quack
January 9, 2010, 07:03 PM
woohooo!!! gun shopping time for Sigbear LOL

The Lone Haranguer
January 9, 2010, 07:07 PM
gun shopping time for Sigbear LOL
I don't think you have any choice. :uhoh:

okespe04
January 9, 2010, 07:12 PM
Tell her its both of yours but she can carry it. Then go shopping:D

bensdad
January 9, 2010, 07:15 PM
Don't give in so easy. Challenge her to one of those Indian leg wrestling matches for it. Of course, you're gonna let her win, but then... everybody wins!;)

rellascout
January 9, 2010, 07:16 PM
After all these years, my wife decided to get her CCW, trouble is, she wants my Walther P99C in 9mm, my favorite carry gun because it weights 18 OZ. empty, holds 16+1 and is accurate as hell.

Does that mean I have to go out and buy me a new carry gun? or maybe 2.

Sigbear

It happened to me once too. My P228 became her P228. There are worse problems in the world to have.... LOL ;)

Ed4032
January 9, 2010, 07:29 PM
Go Shoppin !!!!!!

deadeyedog270
January 9, 2010, 07:41 PM
I'm with every one time to do gun shoppin, then again it is always a good time to go gun shoppin

Double Naught Spy
January 9, 2010, 08:29 PM
If your wife wants your carry gun and it is a production gun, then by all means give it to her and get yourself a new one.

My wife has my Wilson Combat Stainless CQB Compact, but by golly she carries it every single day.

It is a small sacrifice to make, but the benefits are potentially huge.

Skillet
January 9, 2010, 08:33 PM
It is a small sacrifice to make, but the benefits are potentially huge.

hahahaaa

blkbrd666
January 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
she wants my Walther

Congratulations, your wife has good taste. Now, give it up ;) and head to the store!.

camsdaddy
January 9, 2010, 09:30 PM
That is exactly how my wife wound up the proud owner of a S&W 3913 TSW. Just the other day she shot my Glock 26 and she liked it too. I think her gun habit could get expensive before long. I keep having to buy things to replace her wants. :)

ms6852
January 9, 2010, 11:51 PM
Gotta agree with bensdad. Challange her with a wrestling match. Lotsa of grabbing going on that can lead to who know what...heh,heh. When you lose you actually win twice, once with her and the other buy going shopping for a gun.

AJChenMPH
January 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
Grrrrr, wish I could get my wife into shooting and carrying like all's y'all. :) Soon, soon...

V1ROT8
January 10, 2010, 11:50 AM
Wonderful situation to be in. Congratulations.

Dambugg
January 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
I've been through a similar situation. Hence, my wife owns my old EAA Witness .45. Glad she likes it. I still get to clean it however.

19-3Ben
January 10, 2010, 01:40 PM
I wish I had your problems. my wife is very supportive of ME owning and carrying guns, and she likes the idea in theory, but hasn't gotten around to wanting to get her CWP yet. If I had her begging for one of my pistols I'd give it to her in a heartbeat.

Whatever it takes for a) her to be happy, and b) her to carry.

sigbear
January 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
My wife never really wanted to get her LTC, but she has always been supportive of my CCW, however, several of my buddies wives have been talking about CCW and then one day she says, "I think I'm getting my LTC", so there you have it. There is hope for all of us.

Sigbear

If you enjoyed reading about "My Wife Wants My Carry Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!