Special tool to remove a buttstock from an AR?

PDA

skidooman603
January 10, 2010, 05:15 AM
Had a chap from my local gun shop call today to ask if I had a special tool to remove a butt stock from an AR that wouldn't mar the weapon. Anyone know of such a tool? A new one on me...

If you enjoyed reading about "Special tool to remove a buttstock from an AR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RockyMtnTactical
January 10, 2010, 05:57 AM
Any CAR stock wrench should do the job just fine.

KW
January 10, 2010, 12:36 PM
There are actually two different types of stock wrenches. You can tell which one you need by the castle nut on the buffer tube. These are only required for the tele-stocks. Fixed stocks go on and off with a screwdriver. You can find the wrenches at Brownells.

X-Rap
January 10, 2010, 10:33 PM
Even with the spanner I would say to smack the castle nut a couple times with a plastic hammer to help loosen it up a bit. I marred the last nut I removed because the nut was so tight.

RockyMtnTactical
January 11, 2010, 01:21 AM
There are different stock wrenches but they all do the same thing. All castle nuts will work with any of the stock wrenches.

Mr. T
January 11, 2010, 05:03 PM
They've got a couple different ones here.

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=15

If you enjoyed reading about "Special tool to remove a buttstock from an AR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!