I did it! I did it! I did it!

PDA

Gus Dddysgrl
November 13, 2003, 05:48 PM
Woohoo. I went into a gun shop and did very well. I cleared all the guns I handled and asked if I could dryfire them. I liked a lot of them, but liked ones I didn't think I'd like. I really liked the revolvers as much as or more than the semi-autos.

Then I left.

I asked daddy what he thought of my travels and he said he'd meet me back there in 20 minutes. So I turned around and went back. This time I walked out with a Ruger SP101 and a holster. :):D I'm not too fond of the holster yet, but I think I'll get used to it. I am so excited. My first gun. heehee. And it was almost all with my b-day money. :evil: gotta love not really spending money. :neener: I didn't spend money it was all the people who gave me money for my b-day. heehee. What a great day!!!!!!!!

:evil: Now I gotta go shot it. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "I did it! I did it! I did it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cordex
November 13, 2003, 05:54 PM
Good for you, Gus!

Be safe, and get good with that pistol!

10-Ring
November 13, 2003, 06:00 PM
Happy Birthday! Well done :D ;) Fine choice too :cool:

OEF_VET
November 13, 2003, 06:00 PM
Congratulations on the first of what will surely be MANY gun purchases. I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely.

Mal H
November 13, 2003, 06:09 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the gun-totin' world.

An SP101 (.357 I assume?) is a well built revolver. Never sell that one. I have no doubt you'll buy/sell/trade many more firearms in the coming years, but you should never sell your first. Hand it down later if you can.

Enjoy!

Wild Bill
November 13, 2003, 06:13 PM
Whoo hooo!!!!!
You go girl!

Nice choice Gus, carry and shoot it well.
;) :D

TheeBadOne
November 13, 2003, 06:14 PM
Congrads. Nice firearm the 101 is. :cool:

LawDog
November 13, 2003, 06:18 PM
While it wasn't my first firearm purchase, one of the early Ruger SP101s was my first revolver purchase. Mine even has the old:
.357 magnum cal.
125 gr. bullets
engraved on the barrel. :D

That little revolver did a lot of LE work with me, and even successfully assassinated a rabid Santa Claus. :evil:

Congratulations on your first firearm.

LawDog

SodaPop
November 13, 2003, 06:18 PM
Since I let you shoot some of my guns at the last PA shoot, now, you have something for me to try out.:evil:

GM7RQK
November 13, 2003, 06:32 PM
Gus,

Congratulations from this side of the pond as well, as others have said be safe but HAVE FUN. :)

BTW Lawdog ...
That little revolver did a lot of LE work with me, and even successfully assassinated a rabid Santa Claus.

You cant just drop that in and run, I sure I'm not the only one who wants to hear more about this. :)

Stephen

Steve Smith
November 13, 2003, 06:32 PM
Congrats! Enjoy it!

spacemanspiff
November 13, 2003, 06:41 PM
gm7, try looking in this link. (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=146333)

enjoy reading!

GM7RQK
November 13, 2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks spaceman, priceless. Now somebody know how to get coffee out of a keyboard, you could have warned me :)

Stephen

spacemanspiff
November 13, 2003, 07:03 PM
cant help ya there....but saran wrap over the keyboard will prevent further damage

Gus Dddysgrl
November 13, 2003, 07:26 PM
I remember that story. That was great. :) I can't help ya with the stuff in the keyboard. Typically I try not to drink and read at the same time.

BTW When I came back in the second time with daddy the guy behind the counter who had helped me the first time and who helped me buy complimented dad on how good I was. He was quite impressed that I cleared each and everything he handed me even though he had just cleared it in front of me.
The other funny thing was I told him he probably knew my dad cause he came in there often. I said I look like him only smaller and in the female version. He didn't remember till I was leaving and said something when I came back when he told me that he remembered who dad was since he had been there earlier that morning. :evil:

citizen
November 13, 2003, 07:58 PM
God damn, Gus; you are SUCH a girl!!!!!!
Congrats on your independant actions!! :cool: Now enjoy!

BigG
November 13, 2003, 08:11 PM
Congratulations on your first gun. May you have many years of safe, good fun and may it be the first of many fine weapons in your collection! :D

cool45auto
November 13, 2003, 08:45 PM
Sweet! Good for you!:D

sm
November 13, 2003, 09:03 PM
Congratulations Gus, What a Birthday, huh? :D

Since you favor your Dad,and the gunshop owner knows you..."just put it on daddy's tab".:D

Regardless of age- I figure all us "kids" got to stick together.... ;)

Vasilia Zhietzev
November 13, 2003, 09:09 PM
happy birthday!
enjoy the ruger - it's a nice first piece.

Schuey2002
November 13, 2003, 09:18 PM
She did it! She did it! She did it!

LOL!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Gus. :D

Brian Williams
November 13, 2003, 09:35 PM
Good Kid and it was a great buy, Sorry C.R. Sam it's not a S&W but They will come, Sorry Skunky but it is not quite Tactical, but it has "Black" grip on it, At least it is a Wheelie. The counter guy was impressed with the way she handled the guns she looked at and with the fact she knew what she was looking for. She got a nice gun and we will wring it out at the range in a few days, NOW we have to break it to her mother.

thanks THr folks for helping to anchor some good learnin' in her noggin.

Happy birthday Kid.

Lennyjoe
November 13, 2003, 09:39 PM
Good on ya!

Happy Birthday too.;)

Maddock
November 13, 2003, 09:58 PM
Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Bowlcut
November 13, 2003, 10:05 PM
Congrats, happy belated birthday...

and dang it

probaly yet another female that will out shoot me anytime any place :scrutiny:

Standing Wolf
November 13, 2003, 10:45 PM
Congratulations!

4v50 Gary
November 13, 2003, 10:52 PM
La fille de Regiment :D

Majic
November 14, 2003, 12:07 AM
Congrats!!
Now go out shoot all the guys at the range. :D

Mal H
November 14, 2003, 12:11 AM
My God, Majic! Don't ask her to do that!

Oh, wait a sec. You mean outshoot!
:D

tomkatz
November 14, 2003, 02:19 AM
Happy Birthday, and that is a good choice for a first gun. I have one of those little ruger sp101's myself, tough as nails, I carry mine alot;) ......tom

BTW, it is alot of fun going in to buy a gun isn't it? I've done it a whole bunch of times and it is still as much fun today as it was the first time:D

Frohickey
November 14, 2003, 02:37 AM
okay... how old are you, Gus Dddysgrl?

And how old is Tamara? :evil:

BluesBear
November 14, 2003, 06:29 AM
Congratulations Gus.

You've done us proud once again.

Victor Romen
November 14, 2003, 06:43 AM
Excellent gun. My first revolver (and only one so far) was an SP101 in .38 Special. It is a tack driver for me, especially with quality wad cutters (and even bad ones). My brother called it a paperweight (and probably a pimp pistol as well), so I put it up against his G17. Smoked him. Disassembly is a snap once you know how to do it. Got to love the mostly tool less take down (except for the grip screws). I think board member 45R has shot a few rounds through it.

Happy birthday to you!

Holly76201
November 14, 2003, 08:51 AM
Gus,
glad to hear you are enjoying your B'day present so much. I know all of us were happy to help make you so happy.
I agree with who ever directed you to go and outshoot all the old guys at the range. I know you'll do us proud.
Maybe someday my own Angel Baby Girl will be as interested as you are in guns.

Holly

Black92LX
November 14, 2003, 08:59 AM
Congratulations!!!

i anxiously awaiting my birthday and have been for awhile. i sure would like to own a handgun and come april i will have myself a nice Sig, and hopefully Ohio will get it's act together so i can actually use it to defend myself if the need ever may arise.

TonyB
November 14, 2003, 09:27 AM
You're in trouble now........it's alol down hill...............first it's a little revolver,than maybe an auto...next you know you're getting some evil black uro-uber-tactical death pistol.......it's an addiction.......
congrats and good choice....:cool:

Skunkabilly
November 14, 2003, 11:38 AM
Hey wait a minute, I thought you were gonna get three pairs of carbon fiber grips with that money, not a Ruger :barf:

:evil:

ENJOY AND HAPPY TACTICAL BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Again ;)

dustind
November 14, 2003, 12:07 PM
Congratulations, and a late happy birthday. I also just bought my first pistol Monday of this week. I know how you feel. I could not wait to get it home, but needed permission from the state(eight days to get my purchase permit). I got a Beretta Neos, not a good ccw, but I am getting there. I had never shot a pistol before, just shot guns, and a rifle. I have taken it to the range twice so far for a total of over 700 rounds.

Gus Dddysgrl
November 14, 2003, 12:58 PM
Frohickey- I am 21 since Oct 21st. I don't know how old Tamara is though.

I was quite excited getting it. Then I had to tell mom. She kinda freaked, but she's getting used to the idea. It will grow on her. I also told Jon about it. He's excited. Now he has something he can shot more often than he can my dad's stuff. He also said when he next sees me we'll take pics of it and me with it so we can post them. :evil: :D :evil:

I feel like I'm a kid at Christmas. :evil: :D :p

dustind-700 rounds!!!! nice. I can't wait to get to shot mine. :D

Skunk sorry, but it does have a black grip, and a black holster, and a black case.:D

Hopefully I can still steal daddy's G19. heehee

citizen
November 14, 2003, 03:58 PM
Gus, young lady, you've just opened the door.......
As I see it, you'll sneak off with Mom; just the two of you, to play with it.
Mom develops interest, and the two of you go shopping.
(Mom enjoys THIS PART best of all.)
Then there is a conspiracy to purchase something just for Mom.
Lots of joy and practise when the two of you go shooting alone.
Poor Dad........
Mom's just been back-doored into firearms!!!!
(A whole new list of "must have's" for Christmas and B-days)

:what: :evil: :neener:

P95Carry
November 14, 2003, 04:19 PM
See what you've done to this board Gus .......... taken it by storm!!:D Here I am, wandering in to take a routine peek (when pressure of work should totally prevent such!) .. and your thread has taken off ... big time! Love it.

I can but reiterate my earlier birthday congrats and also very pleased for you with the success of the gun shop day ....... and of course the purchase.... it will almost certainly be the beginning of a very slippery - but highly enjoyable slope over years to come. :p

I am delighted.:)

mountainclmbr
November 14, 2003, 10:00 PM
GUS,

Wow, that is a great choice! Let us know how it does at the range and what loads you use. Heres to hoping that it brings you confort/safety and that you never find yourself in a situation where you have to use it in defense. Please help to convert your liberal friends to preserve the freedom of my descendants!

Truly yours,

Gus Dddysgrl
November 15, 2003, 07:49 PM
Here's me and my first time shooting my gun, my baby...

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=606387

P95Carry
November 15, 2003, 08:08 PM
Thx for the pic Gus ... I know how much you must have enjoyed the session ... hope it was all you'd hoped for ...... and more besides.

I excercized my SP baby too today ... amongst many other things!!:)

WhoKnowsWho
November 16, 2003, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear you decided on something! That's the hardest part!

Have fun, practice lots, be safe!

If you enjoyed reading about "I did it! I did it! I did it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!