Sig P225 vs. Kahr cw 9

PDA

charliehustle10
January 11, 2010, 09:14 AM
Anyone own both? Which one is thinner? Which has cheaper magazines?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P225 vs. Kahr cw 9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RevDerb
January 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
The CW9 is definitely thinner. It's a tossup on the cost of magazines. The SIG is also much heavier being a non-polymer frame.

9mmepiphany
January 11, 2010, 12:41 PM
i have both and have conceal carried both at different times

the CW9 is thinner, lighter and has a lighter DA trigger pull

the Sig 225 is only available with a DA/SA trigger system, but it's front sight is easier to change/adjust...the LE trade-in P6 is less expensive than the CW9

charliehustle10
January 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
I've head that Kahr is making night sight available fo the cw9? Any ideas where to find them?

jfrey
January 11, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have shot the Sig's and own a CW9. Definitely prefer the Kahr. Much lighter and thinner. The trigger pull is long but very smooth. Less weight to carry around. For some unknown reason, I see the hammer move on a Sig when I shoot them. This distracts me. No hammer on the Kahr. Personally, I just like the Kahr better.

NinjaFeint
January 11, 2010, 02:19 PM
"I've head that Kahr is making night sight available fo the cw9? Any ideas where to find them?"

Kahr sells them for $80.

www.Kahrshop.com

Probably be stocked most places that carry Trijicon products soon enough.

The Lone Haranguer
January 11, 2010, 06:56 PM
The Kahr will be thinner, smaller and lighter, at the cost of one round. It has a very light and smooth DA trigger pull, but this is its only trigger pull.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P225 vs. Kahr cw 9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!