Glock is the best pistol.

PDA

sprice
January 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
I have come to a conclusion- (well an opinion) Glocks are the best pistol there is. Period. Cheap, alot of aftermarket parts, professional support, reliable, simple, and I'm sure there's more. I don't like them, I think they're ugly as hell; but I respect them lol. What do you people think? And what is your favorite pistol? (I'm thinking more along the lines of service/duty pistols, and not revolvers btw)

My personal favorite is the imi jericho/cz-75. I have a jericho; and in chrome, yes that's right- CHROME!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock is the best pistol." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NinjaFeint
January 11, 2010, 09:12 PM
Here we go...

silent flatulence
January 11, 2010, 09:21 PM
H&k usp is clearly the best pistol. I have a glock 27 and a usp .40. The glock seems cheesy in comparison but I like it. Usp is quality defined.

NMGonzo
January 11, 2010, 09:23 PM
This is my slingshot.

There are many slingshots like it, but this one is mine.

REAPER4206969
January 11, 2010, 09:28 PM
Finally someone that knows what their talking about.

winter1857
January 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
Your opinion would mean more to me if "opinion" were spelled correctly. But that's just me. I'm an elitist.

This is an important lesson, kids. Don't drink and post.

thezoltar
January 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .....must I go on? Silent is correct of course.....

Pilot
January 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
Nothing wrong with a Glock. I like pistols with a low bore axis, but prefer steel or alloy. P7, and the CZ-75 variants are two that come to mind.

I may pick up a G19 someday when/if I get over the polymer thing, as I think that is their sweet spot.

blkbrd666
January 11, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well, in my "oppinion", Hi-Point is better and someday I am going to get one...as soon as I get Beretta Px4SC, Walther P5, IMI Baby Eagle, Tanfoglio Match, M2 Carbine, Remington Rand .45, S&W .357, Beretta 1934, and a Walther P38k off my short list.

X-Rap
January 11, 2010, 09:46 PM
Yea I can't wait till all those Glock owners sell all their trusty pistols en mass and buy up all the HiPoints.

Blues Brother
January 11, 2010, 09:48 PM
this thread must be to compete with the Sig thread.

winter1857
January 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry but I looked up "Snark Magnet" in the dictionary and they referred me to this thread.... The interwebs are fun!

I cringe whenever the word BEST is issued.

"Best" is not an option. State an opinion. Describe why you feel this opinion may be merited. Discuss sensibly.

Glocks are great but they are the handgun equivalent to a beige Toyota Corolla. They're fine but they lack any sort of personality.

The best handgun for you when the **** hits the fan is the NEAREST handgun to you. Glocks serve that purpose well for the most part but a lot of us like to have something else.... There is no BEST.

What handgun makes you feel COMPETENT and PREPARED? That's what's best for you.

weisse52
January 12, 2010, 12:40 AM
Snore...wake me up when this thread is done....

:neener:

gc70
January 12, 2010, 12:52 AM
I have come to a conclusion- (well an oppinion) Glocks are the best pistol there is.

Finally someone that knows what their talking about.

While their they're good guns, "best" is nothing more than a personal oppinion opinion - and everyone has an opinion.

Autolycus
January 12, 2010, 01:21 AM
I like Glocks. But as far as best, I could not say. They are great for me. But maybe not for someone else.

Full Metal Jacket
January 12, 2010, 02:02 AM
well my old Glock19 had one stovepipe in about 1,200 rounds. still trustworthy reliability though.

whereas my cz75 has never jammed in over 13,000 rounds.

so, for me, the cz75 is best. beats the glock in accuracy too.

so far, i've put 700 rounds through my new g19 rtf2 with no probs and accuracy is a little tighter than the old one.

if i were a security contractor in iraq, i would take the glock because parts are cheap and easier to find, plus it's easier to work on.

several security contractors i've talked to said the overwhelming choice for those that can choose their sidearm in iraq choose glock 9mm's. they're covered with that powder like sand over there and still keep working.

it's all just opinion though :)

Full Metal Jacket
January 12, 2010, 02:06 AM
i think this pic's hilarious:

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/champop1911/GLOCKTEN.jpg

Isher
January 12, 2010, 02:07 AM
FMJ -

Note that the op completely swaps ends in his last line,

And states that his favorite is a Jericho,

An Israeli knockoff of a CZ, and in chrome no less.

Ah well, I'm just another CZ guy..............

isher

jakk280rem
January 12, 2010, 02:12 AM
i used to hate glocks. no tupperware for me. i started shooting my bil's g17. he's not a gun guy. he just bought it because the gun store clerk recomended it. first time i shot it, i stank with it. couldn't hit a 2 liter bottle at 20 feet, 0for17. then i shot it some more. i grew to like it. i could put an entire mag into an 8" shoot-n-c at 25yds. now, i'm trading off a springfield v-10 for a 26 tomorrow, and have a 19od on the way.

Full Metal Jacket
January 12, 2010, 02:19 AM
Isher-

yeah his OP is a little confusing lol

legion3
January 12, 2010, 05:24 AM
Glocks work for me as is. And for me, in my hand, the Glock (9mm's) are the best pistol.

Glock has 48 models, 7 calibers and a aftermarket support universe like no other on the market.

As a company Glock has the metal to stick with even marginally popular calibers. (10mm fans should thank Glock twice daily)

John Parker
January 12, 2010, 06:48 AM
I have a chrome jericho.

Says it all.

sigman
January 12, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'm the " Troll " from the " Sigs are better than Glocks " thread.
Maybe H&K's are better .Maybe CZ's are better.Whatever saves your life may be the " best " at that particular moment !

gglass
January 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
My mom always said... If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I'll take her advise.

IdahoLT1
January 12, 2010, 08:06 AM
What is this "Glock" that everyone keeps talking about? Have i been living under a rock?

dom1104
January 12, 2010, 08:12 AM
I gots a chromed-out Jericho bustin up matchin mah chromed out 22 inch rims on the 'lac.

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 08:26 AM
What? you mean this thread has no picture targets on it???

Just One Shot
January 12, 2010, 08:39 AM
Springfield XD is the best pistol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have come to a conclusion- (well an oppinion) XD's are the best pistol there is. Period. I love them, I think they're good looking. What do you people think? And what is your favorite pistol? (I'm thinking more along the lines of service/duty pistols, and not revolvers btw)

My personal favorite is the XD 45.

There, I fixed it for you!
:neener:

2ndAmFan
January 12, 2010, 08:41 AM
I agree, Blues Brother. Some actual target pics would be a good thing to have here. Wish I had some but I've been using soda cans for targets most of the time lately and haven't bothered with pics. I was of the opinion that Glock makes a pretty good gun until a clerk in a gun shop informed me that they are not accurate beyond 20-25 yards. I guess there is something wrong with mine because I usually set up my cans at 30-40 yards, and usually hit them.

Water-Man
January 12, 2010, 08:45 AM
You keep your Glock and I'll keep my Sig.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 08:57 AM
Gun store clerks rock. I seek their advice on many things. Taxes, investments, retirement planning, fitness, heath foods, and fashion.

EddieNFL
January 12, 2010, 09:26 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/EddieF/GLOCKTEN.jpg

Thankfully, this isn't found in Exodus or I'd be going to hell.

I think that's the first set that Moses broke.

EddieNFL
January 12, 2010, 09:27 AM
I was of the opinion that Glock makes a pretty good gun until a clerk in a gun shop informed me that they are not accurate beyond 20-25 yards. I guess there is something wrong with mine because I usually set up my cans at 30-40 yards, and usually hit them.

Now that you know better, you should move the cans closer.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 09:28 AM
yes, when 15 commandments turned into 10. Mel Brooks said so.

2ndAmFan
January 12, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hahahahaha thanks Blues Brother and EddieNFL!

REAPER4206969
January 12, 2010, 09:46 AM
While their they're good guns,
You saw what I did there. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif

EddieNFL
January 12, 2010, 10:10 AM
yes, when 15 commandments turned into 10. Mel Brooks said so.
There is another story about how it came to be ten, but someone would find it offensive.

mcdonl
January 12, 2010, 10:31 AM
What is this "Glock" that everyone keeps talking about? Have i been living under a rock?

They are some foreign Hi Point wanna be as far as I can tell :neener:

GlockFan
January 12, 2010, 10:35 AM
I hear it is a plastic gun...it will not last long. Might be a short lived fad.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 10:36 AM
I hear it is a plastic gun...it will not last long. Might be a short lived fad. Like the Commodore 64 computer

Robert
January 12, 2010, 10:41 AM
Remember a Glock will melt if you leave it in the car.

And there is only one god and John Moses Browning is his name and his gift to us is the 1911. So yes the 1911 IS god's gift to man.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 10:42 AM
Remember a Glock will melt if you leave it in the car.

well there you have it.

fourwedge
January 12, 2010, 10:59 AM
I personally don't like glocks. The grip angle seems all wrong and it points very poorly for me! CZ or sig are much better in my hands.

EddieNFL
January 12, 2010, 11:03 AM
I hear it is a plastic gun...it will not last long. Might be a short lived fad.
And they all go kaboom. On the plus side, you can pass through airport security with one; John McClain, er, I mean, Bruce Willis said so.

Full Metal Jacket
January 12, 2010, 01:31 PM
And they all go kaboom. On the plus side, you can pass through airport security with one; John McClain, er, I mean, Bruce Willis said so.

plus, according to die hard II, they're made of porcelain and cost more than people make in month....:eek:

CoRoMo
January 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
I used to think that I would just have to own a Glock one day. A Glock had to be in my collection. It was just a fact of life. Sort of like having a 1911, or something that you just have to get, even if you don't have much use for one.

I easily got over that.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 01:54 PM
Why was it easy??

Shear_stress
January 12, 2010, 02:41 PM
What is this "Glock" that everyone keeps talking about?

It's the sound made when a person slaps himself on the forehead after accidentally saying something ridiculous like "XXXX is the best pistol".

Hatterasguy
January 12, 2010, 02:45 PM
Glocks are great guns, the rappers love them!

Enachos
January 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
HEY! ...I love my glock!

DERGLOCKINMEISTER
January 12, 2010, 05:08 PM
Not every man can handle a Glock , that's why there are several other , inferior hand guns on the market . Just kidding , but you gotta admit , non-Glock lovers sure feel threatened when the subject comes up , like have to justify not loving the Glock when there are so many people that do.

xXxplosive
January 12, 2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe for begginers.................:neener:

EddieNFL
January 12, 2010, 05:14 PM
but you gotta admit , non-Glock lovers sure feel threatened when the subject comes up , like have to justify not loving the Glock when there are so many people that do.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 1911 guy, but I own a Glock. The wife keeps in in her purse. ;)

I tried a 17 about 20 years ago. Just doesn't fit me. I think my hand has evolved to a specific shape.

KBintheSLC
January 12, 2010, 05:44 PM
The "best gun" is the one thats on me when I need it. Its just coincidence that the gun that is currently on me happens to be a Glock. The beauty of capitalism is that if you don't like Glock's, you have other options.

GhostWolf
January 12, 2010, 05:46 PM
As a company Glock has the metal to stick with even marginally popular calibers. (10mm fans should thank Glock twice daily)

I do, once for my G20, and once for my G29.

SideArmed
January 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
Best pistol for what?

CoRoMo
January 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
Why was it easy??

I simply realized that there isn't anything that a Glock has, that I must have or don't have already. There is nothing that it can do that another pistol can't do. I found that, although Glocks are special in their own way, they aren't the only way.

It was easy.:)

THE MACHINIST
January 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
Glock-" the original point and click device"

roaddog28
January 12, 2010, 06:47 PM
The Glocks have there place. Reliable, easy to clean and parts are cheap. Accuracy is ok out to 20 to 25 yrds. Mostly plastic so maybe won't rust. Now the other features are butt ugly, fair trigger and they just don't have a mystic of say a 1911, Sig, Beretta, Springfield etc... Come to think about it the Glock pistol is pretty much like my Hi Point. Butt ugly, mostly plastic, fair accuracy and easy to shoot. I would give the advantage to Glock for ease of take down. But at the range, I shoot pretty much like the guys next to me with their Glocks. I just did not pay $600.00 out the door for my Hi Point.

Finally, I am not bashing Glocks. But I will not compare a Glock to a Sig, Beretta, CZ, Springfield, Kimber, Smith and Wesson third generation or the many fine 1911s out there. I do think the Glock is probably the best polymer frame gun but I can't compare the Glock to a good steel frame sem-auto. Its like comparing apples versus oranges.

Again opinion only,
roaddog28

legion3
January 12, 2010, 08:06 PM
Come to think about it the Glock pistol is pretty much like my Hi Point. Butt ugly, mostly plastic, fair accuracy and easy to shoot. I would give the advantage to Glock for ease of take down. But at the range, I shoot pretty much like the guys next to me with their Glocks. I just did not pay $600.00 out the door for my Hi Point.

Finally, I am not bashing Glocks. But I will not compare a Glock to a Sig, Beretta, CZ, Springfield, Kimber, Smith and Wesson third generation or the many fine 1911s out there. I do think the Glock is probably the best polymer frame gun but I can't compare the Glock to a good steel frame sem-auto. Its like comparing apples versus oranges.

Again opinion only,
roaddog28

For not bashing Glock you seem to have pulled it off anyway.

Is it OK to bash but hide behind the veil of opinion?

Not all the gun makers you mentioned have steel frames. Many have alloy frames. For many gunmakers the last steel guns are the 1911 they make. The future of gunmaking is not steel and wood.

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 08:35 PM
perhaps they will start making 1911's in polymer frames......????............?????

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
BTW, I would love to buy a new gun. A glock or a XD would be great. I really would like to try a glock as they have such a strong following. but unfortunately I have to put some new carpeting in my house first and that soaks up all my fun money. :( not as much fun as a new gun, but oh well, priority calls. maybe later this year or next winter I can treat myself to a new gun. we will see.

IdahoLT1
January 12, 2010, 08:46 PM
Nah, my dad's buddy's girlfriend's other boyfriend is a Glock armorer and says they are currently working on making a polymer copy of the S&W 29. Its going to have a 14" barrel with an accesory rail and mounts for a M203 grenade launcher

REAPER4206969
January 12, 2010, 08:49 PM
perhaps they will start making 1911's in polymer frames......????............?????
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/152996000/152996999/pix775070906.jpg
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/specops9.jpg

sprice
January 12, 2010, 08:50 PM
woah, woah... what's wrong with chrome?!?!

Blues Brother
January 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
man there sure are tons of gun manufacturers.

roaddog28
January 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
For not bashing Glock you seem to have pulled it off anyway.

Is it OK to bash but hide behind the veil of opinion?

Not all the gun makers you mentioned have steel frames. Many have alloy frames. For many gunmakers the last steel guns are the 1911 they make. The future of gunmaking is not steel and wood.
Obviously, you like Glocks. Thats fine I don't feel that a Glock is the best semi-auto. My opinion is based on what Glocks feel and shoot to me. A lot like a Hi Point. I don't see a lot of difference That does not mean that Glocks are bad pistols. And yes other gun manufactures have alloy frames, polymer frames as well as steel frames. The threads subject is "Glock is the best pistol?" In my opinion the Glock is not!

roaddog28

sprice
January 12, 2010, 09:05 PM
eddie nfl... HAHAHAHA oh my gosh that was hillarious. :) thank you for that

TexasPatriot.308
January 12, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ford, Chevy or Dodge, same ole BS, go with what you want , dont believe the so called experts, there comes a time when you make up your own mind and live with it.

ATBackPackin
January 13, 2010, 06:48 AM
Every time I look at guns I always look at the Glocks. So many manufacturers would not copy their design if they were not a great gun. But, I also believe a lot of their competitors have improved on their original design.

My problem is that Glocks just do not feel comfortable in my hand and to me they do not have a natural point of aim. That of course is my opinion and varies from person to person.

"Best" will never be best for everyone no matter if we are talking about guns or women, because "best" is different for everyone. That is why we have options. So in conclusion I think a better title would have been "Glock is a great pistol"

Shawn

Blues Brother
January 13, 2010, 08:34 AM
I still enjoy all the viewpoints. Its interesting to read what other people think and why they think it. what their experiences are with a given product and how it works for them.

P97
January 13, 2010, 08:46 AM
It all goes back to Childhood. My Dad is better than your Dad. My Dad can whip your Dad. What I have is better than what you. I only have the Best. :barf:

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 08:51 AM
what was the point of this thread again? :confused:

NinjaFeint
January 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
Obviously, you like Glocks. Thats fine I don't feel that a Glock is the best semi-auto. My opinion is based on what Glocks feel and shoot to me. A lot like a Hi Point. I don't see a lot of difference That does not mean that Glocks are bad pistols. And yes other gun manufactures have alloy frames, polymer frames as well as steel frames. The threads subject is "Glock is the best pistol?" In my opinion the Glock is not!

roaddog28

This is silly. Comparing them to a hi point is showing you have not spent much time with either pistol.

mcdonl
January 13, 2010, 09:34 AM
If you ask for an opinion on Hi-Point's here at THR, what do they tell you?

Well, If I had to own one I would because they go bang every time you pull the trigger but they are ugly as sin and if I could afford more I would get a better gun.

Same thing is always said about the Glocks except for the cost part. They are reliable, but ugly.

Sure, the glock is a finer weapon. No arguing that, but you also pay 4-6 TIMES more for it. So, unless polymer guns are your thing, there is a lot to compare between the two.

If price were equal, I would buy the glock every time. Many people I know and respect swear my them. Good enough for me.

TexasBill
January 13, 2010, 09:44 AM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/TexasBillC/MosesGlock.jpg

roaddog28
January 13, 2010, 09:49 AM
This is silly. Comparing them to a hi point is showing you have not spent much time with either pistol.
I have a Hi Point and while I don't own a Glock I am familiar with them and have used them a lot. My Hi Point is a inexpense 9 mm that I use to have fun with. My only reason comparing a Hi Point to a Glock is because for me they shoot about the same. You and another poster are upset that I am comparing a Glock to a Hi Point. I did not indicate that a Hi Point is better than a Glock. The Glock is of course better but I have used both and both shoot to me about the same. Everybody has a opinion about this post. That is why we have forums. But again, the thread started with "Glock is the best pistol". I think not.

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
what the heck's a "chrome jericho"?? :confused:

jigglyjames29
January 13, 2010, 09:53 AM
If the Walther P99AS had the same amount of aftermarket parts and replacement parts availability along with cheaper mags, I'd have picked that over my G19c.

Blues Brother
January 13, 2010, 10:01 AM
but there must be a reason SO many people choose and use glock. that is what makes me still want to try one. to see what all the buzz is about. I chose an XD over a glock before based on feel and features, but I am still interested in getting one.

EddieNFL
January 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
but there must be a reason SO many people choose and use glock.
Reputation, price, capacity, saw it in a movie, the gangbanger next door has one....

TexasBill
January 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
what the heck's a "chrome jericho"?? :confused:

It's special inside humor for those who have read the original post, know about Jericho pistols, and have seen The Ten Commandments featuring the former head of the NRA.

TexasBill
January 13, 2010, 10:22 AM
but there must be a reason SO many people choose and use glock. that is what makes me still want to try one. to see what all the buzz is about. I chose an XD over a glock before based on feel and features, but I am still interested in getting one.

People often buy them because they hear that LEOs use them. LEOs often use them because that's what the department issues. Departments often issue them because Glock darn near gives them away (I'm not sure if there is a less expensive firearm for an LEO to buy. I know Glock gives huge discounts to people who work at gun shops or in the hunting department of sporting goods stores).

I don't like Glocks because they don't feel as natural in my hand as a number of other guns do and I am not partial to trick triggers and DAO, striker-fired pistols. However, a lot of people do like Glocks and that's just fine.

Does that mean it's the best gun? No. More people buy Chevys than buy Mercedes but the Mercedes is a better car. However, both will get you from Point A to Point B in reasonable comfort and a Glock will likely be just as dependable as a another firearm when the chips are down.

BlayGlock
January 13, 2010, 10:33 AM
If the Walther P99AS had the same amount of aftermarket parts and replacement parts availability along with cheaper mags
Yea but it is even uglier than the Glock.

Ane price is not the only reason why LEOs use them. They are reliable. They are easy to use. They are easy to work on. Glock is a great design. The term best is somewhat subjective however, I do not know that I could say they are the "best." I have a couple and I like them, but I carry a Kahr just as often as my G19.

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 10:40 AM
Ane price is not the only reason why LEOs use them. They are reliable. They are easy to use. They are easy to work on. Glock is a great design.

yep. :)

TexasBill
January 13, 2010, 11:16 AM
I am not knocking Glock, but there are a number of pistols that are reliable, easy-to-use and easy on the department armorer. Glock had a very favorable price and an excellent support system that was probably better than their competition. That's not criticism; that's praise. That was how Beretta beat SIG for the U.S. Army contract; the SIG pistol actually outperformed the Beretta in some areas but the support was much more expensive and the Beretta was (and is, judging by the new business Beretta just got) a very serviceable pistol.

The problem with "best" is that the market is crowded with reliable, well-made service firearms from Beretta, FN Herstal, Glock, H&K, Ruger, SIG Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, Walther and others. Checking the local ads, I find that if you have $600, you can buy a Beretta PX4 Storm, Beretta 92F, FHP-9 or FNP-40, a Glock 17, a Springfield XD, a S&W M&P and get a fair amount of change in return. I don't know about you, but I would be confident with any of the above in a duty holster. They're a bit bulky for summertime CC, but when it's jacket weather they'd be hard to beat.

legion3
January 13, 2010, 12:50 PM
I have a Hi Point and while I don't own a Glock I am familiar with them and have used them a lot. My Hi Point is a inexpense 9 mm that I use to have fun with. My only reason comparing a Hi Point to a Glock is because for me they shoot about the same. You and another poster are upset that I am comparing a Glock to a Hi Point. I did not indicate that a Hi Point is better than a Glock. The Glock is of course better but I have used both and both shoot to me about the same. Everybody has a opinion about this post. That is why we have forums. But again, the thread started with "Glock is the best pistol". I think not.

The fact that you compare a Glock and a hipoint simply shows your opinions should be ignored, and are by the vast, vast majority of the shooters in the world.

However, my problem was when people are free to hate or bash and try to stir people up and hide behind the guise of "its my opinion".

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
^^^so what if the guy has a hi point, and compared it to glocks? maybe they do shoot similarly for him. i don't see him bashing any brand. i only see someone bashing him for posting his polite opinion. not cool.

W.E.G.
January 13, 2010, 01:13 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/kool_aidGlock.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/hipoint-2.jpg

legion3
January 13, 2010, 02:01 PM
^^^so what if the guy has a hi point, and compared it to glocks? maybe they do shoot similarly for him. i don't see him bashing any brand. i only see someone bashing him for posting his polite opinion. not cool.

Don't you have your own issues stiring the pot and giving your opinions over on the XD compared to a Glock thread going on?

His speaking of Glock was not polite opinion it was designed to stir people up. I guess that's cool though.

But hey, that's my opinion!

mcdonl
January 13, 2010, 02:08 PM
I know it does not matter, no one cares and I am just going to type a message that will be of little importance... but I will anyway.

Sure, I joke... I own a hi-point... and I am poor... but I have filled all of the need for cheap guns and I am not purchasing better quality guns.

I want a glock!! It is #3 on my list of upcoming purchases... and I will tell you why...

I know several people who own them, two of my cop friends and a local smith who specializes in, and customizes 1911's.... all three of the above mentioned carry Glocks. If these three guys, who I know well and trust think a Glock will do the job for them, then that is good enough for me.

My next purchase will be a 1911, then an M1 Garand, but... in 2011 it is a glock for sure!

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 02:25 PM
Don't you have your own issues stiring the pot and giving your opinions over on the XD compared to a Glock thread going on?

His speaking of Glock was not polite opinion it was designed to stir people up. I guess that's cool though.

But hey, that's my opinion!

uh..say what now?

you're the one i see trying to start drama dude. if you can't handle people's opinions, maybe you should take up stamp collecting rather than forum posting as a hobby.

GhostWolf
January 13, 2010, 02:42 PM
My Glocks just seem to fit my hand. The sights work for me; I shoot better with Glocks than with anything else I've tried. I've never had a single problem with reliability with any Glock. They always fire when I pull the trigger.

I'll shoot anything I can get my hands on, but until I find something that works better for me, I'm keeping my Glocks.

EddieNFL
January 13, 2010, 02:49 PM
His speaking of Glock was not polite opinion it was designed to stir people up.

Most people seem to get "stirred up" just because someone has a different opinion. But that's just my opinion.

REAPER4206969
January 13, 2010, 02:51 PM
what the heck's a "chrome jericho"??
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Jericho_941F.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Research_Baby_Eagle

legion3
January 13, 2010, 02:58 PM
you're the one i see trying to start drama dude. if you can't handle people's opinions, maybe you should take up stamp collecting rather than forum posting as a hobby.

Thank you for your opinion, it will be noted and filed.

jigglyjames29
January 13, 2010, 03:33 PM
Yea but it (P99) is even uglier than the Glock.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
I've honestly never heard of anyone else having that opinion!

NinjaFeint
January 13, 2010, 04:07 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
I've honestly never heard of anyone else having that opinion!
I will concur the P99 is uglier than a Glock

EddieNFL
January 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
I will concur the P99 is uglier than a Glock
Isn't that a bit like picking the fat girl over the ugly girl?

Blues Brother
January 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
well then........ that is another way of looking at it.

McCall911
January 13, 2010, 05:07 PM

Now that this is settled, let's discontinue everything else. :rolleyes:

sprice
January 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
wow that last moses picture was hillarious!!!! :D

roaddog28
January 13, 2010, 08:38 PM
We are all stating our own opinions. That is what a forum is for. I could of compared a Glock to a XD but I have never used a XD. I compared the Glock to my Hi point because they felt and shoot similar to me. There is really not a answer to this thread anyway. Everybody is going to think diffenent because of their experience. Like I said in previous posts. I don't believe the Glock is the best semi-auto out there. They definitely have a place. They are good on what they do but compared to some of the brands I have seen and had any experience with they are not at the top of my list.

Ky Larry
January 13, 2010, 10:11 PM
I'm the only person on this forum professional enough to be carrying a Glock.I've got to go find my first aid kit now.:eek:

Full Metal Jacket
January 13, 2010, 10:21 PM
i'm as competent with my glock as that youtube DEA agent :eek:

crashbuell
January 13, 2010, 10:38 PM
I carry an Fn. Mine is an FNP 40 and I love it. Comes with 3-14 round stainless mags, a gun lock, two interchangible backstraps, ambi-decocker, reversible mag release, night sights, loaded chamber indicator, accessory rail, replacable frame rails. I got it used, but it's alot of gun for $450.

searcher451
January 14, 2010, 08:02 PM
The thread brings to mind the Argument Clinic episode on "Monty Python's Flying Circus."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

"Glock is the best gun ever."
"No it isn't."
"Yes it is."
"No it isn't."

EddieNFL
January 14, 2010, 08:17 PM
"Yes, it is!"

Majik
January 14, 2010, 08:28 PM
Glocks are good but my hands do not fit them. I'm much better off with a baretta.

GojuBrian
January 14, 2010, 08:38 PM
A couple of my leo friends like and carry glocks and my dad even carries a glock. I've tried glock on several different occassions. All ended with the same conclusion FOR ME.

Glocks are reliable, easy to shoot, easy to clean,etc...

I dislike the sights, the grip doesn't fit my hand right, the trigger is inferior to the XD.

I'm not a glock basher, they're just not for me. love my CZ-75b though.

1SOW
January 14, 2010, 08:49 PM

Best pistol for what? Looks?

legion3
January 15, 2010, 05:22 AM
Well Glock is a decent company for the support it gives to shooting sports, its support of the 2nd amendment, and its willingness to allow its parts to be readily available to the public. (it also tries to ignore Lawyer requirements on its guns)

So they are less willing to admit recalls than say Ruger but if that's the business model they choose. They are not the only big company not to admit issues.

And it sticks to a caliber, even marginally popular ones, and has never discontinued a gun (even the 17L and 35)

And its production line up is quite substantial

1. Soon to be Gen 4 G22/G17 (others to follow)
2. the 17/22/19/23 in the RTF 2 grip
3. 17
4. 22
5. 24
6. 17L
7. 19
8. 23
9. 20
10. 20SF
11. 21
12. 21SF
13. 25
14. 26
15. 27
16. 28
17. 29
18. 29SF
19. 30
20. 30SF
21. 31
22. 32
23. 33
24. 34
25. 35
26. 36
27. 37
28. 38
29. 39
30. 18

so 9mm, 10mm, 357Sig, 45ACP, 45GAP, 40SW and 380 and a full auto model, of course some Glocks are not allowed in the US.

So to say GLOCK is the best would be subjective, lots of Glocks out there, if they don't do it or you, Great. I'm glad we have choice the more guns on the market the better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock is the best pistol." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!