My "New" Colt Ace Service Model

PDA

MattTheHat
January 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
My buddy just re-homed me his Colt Ace. I've been looking for one for years, but the prices I'd always found on GB were outrageous. This baby is CLEAN!

Can't wait to spend some quality time with her.

-Matt

http://www.d-slr.com/guns/ace.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "My "New" Colt Ace Service Model" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DRYHUMOR
January 13, 2010, 05:00 AM
Very nice. I wish I had bought one when they were affordable...........

earlthegoat2
January 13, 2010, 07:44 AM
Very nice. I wish I had bought one when they were affordable...........

As do I.

Excellent pistol Matt.

EddieNFL
January 13, 2010, 09:20 AM
Congratulations! I'm envious.

Jim Watson
January 13, 2010, 09:44 AM
"Re-homed" is a new one. I will add it to my list of "how you get your gun" for future publication.

MattTheHat
January 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah Jim, no money has yet changed hands, so I wasn't quite sure how to describe the transaction. Re-homed just kind of seemed to fit the situation. :)

-Matt

Dr.Rob
January 13, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wow that IS nice. Lucky dog.

skipsan
January 13, 2010, 07:18 PM
I've seen reviews/reports that the Service Model Aces with the floating chamber can be prone to fouling with the "wrong" ammo. The consensus was that they function best on hv, copper coated ammo with some users reported that they only worked with high cost premium ammo. Mine runs fine on Walmart-sold Federal brick, copper-coated hv. Will run indefinitely without cleaning--several hundred rounds. Not very accurate--but pleasant to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "My "New" Colt Ace Service Model" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!