Glock 20, first time "full" loads

PDA

Bullnettles
January 13, 2010, 10:55 PM
CAN'T WIPE THE SMILE OFF MY FACE! Shot nothing but reloads, and actually had two light strikes (not a rectangle, but a small round indentation). Anyone have any ideas? I bought it used, and thinking maybe the striker spring was perhaps changed out? I don't know, any insight is appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 20, first time "full" loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sammy
January 13, 2010, 11:44 PM
Were you using Starline brass with Wolf primers? I have had a few ftf's because the primer cup was cut too short which seated it too deep. This caused the FTF.

Full house loads in a G20 are great fun. Great for training too. After shooting the Glock my 1911's feel like .22s. My favorite load is 9.4g. of Longshot under a 180g. Montana Gold HP. it gives me 1250fps out of a 5" KKM barrel. The KKM is just to keep the brass in good shape because it is so hard to find.

Bullnettles
January 13, 2010, 11:48 PM
Starline brass and CCI primers. The first few I did were seated kind of deep, but I rechambered them and BOOM (emphasis on the BOOM :D). It might be worth mentioning that the 40 conversion barrel did the same dang thing.

Hk Dan
January 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
The striker spring is a good candidate. If the gun has had an overtravel stop added, the stop might be set too short, which will do the same thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 20, first time "full" loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!