Colt Series 80 CCO, Anyone Know These? Questions:

PDA

gvf
January 16, 2010, 01:36 AM
Saw a used Colt "C.C.O." at Gander Mtn while there. Slide has regular stamping for series 80 MKIV etc. and on other side of slide a stamped "C.C.O." with nothing else.

Tag states "Colt Officer's". Price was $650 - should be less in early Feb when they have annual sale - if it's still there. Laser grips, white dot sights. "LF08xxxx" serial - or maybe it was "LS" etc. Think the former.

I don't know enough about 1911s to check it out well internally and if seriously interested would bring someone with me who did.

The gun externally however did appear close to unmarked, Generally appeared little used and close to "as new" externally. Matt stainless finish and black frame. And the barrel looked fine inside.

I know little about Colt C.C.O.s from 80 Series or any other so if anyone can fill me in a little - and/or give me opinion on price - I'd appreciate it. I was told elsewhere price was good but again: "?".

The one thing I read about the CCO was they had stainless slide and alloy frame. Yet the clerk said this was steel slide AND steel frame. Weirdly, there is another Colt CCO for sale there, that with regular Colt grips, not quite as good a shape externally. (Also $650). That begins with "LFA.........." serial, and it does feel a bit lighter, clerk stating that did have alloy frame. I think tag also states "3" while the other I think was longer? Not sure about that. So, don't really understand variation(s) between the two.

Thanks so much for any info, opinions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Series 80 CCO, Anyone Know These? Questions:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SSN Vet
January 16, 2010, 07:59 PM
try asking over at 1911forum.com

those guys eat and breath all things 1911 related.

The Bushmaster
January 16, 2010, 09:11 PM
And then come back here and tell us what you found out...

rellascout
January 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
I assume it looked like this.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/larry0810/Project136.png

It is a Colt CCO. Conceal Carry Officer. They are discontinued. They are a commander slide on a Officers frame. They are a light weight alum frame. I have never seen one with a steel frame.

If it is selling for $650 with laser grips its a good deal. They are great carry guns. I love mine.

gvf
January 17, 2010, 03:34 AM
I assume it looked like this.

Yes, that's it exactly except for laser grips - which actually look close to the ones on yours.

Well, perhaps the clerk was mistaken about all steel. Could always call Colt, though it's a minor point, gun felt compact and reasonably light as it was - whatever..... I like a stable shooting platform and avoid the real light guns.

Thanks, I have heard that's quite a good price and they are a good CCW - plus sought after by some. Keeps the value up.

So, it's on hold and I'm edging closer. Thanks again all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Series 80 CCO, Anyone Know These? Questions:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!