Colt Pony Pocketlite

PDA

Greg All Calibers
January 16, 2010, 04:35 PM
First time I posted a picture of my pistol. I hope you enjoy the presentation of this nice piece.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Pony Pocketlite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tekarra
January 16, 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your presentation. I have always been intrigued by the small Colt pistols and unfortunately, do not have one. Hope you will post more photos and a range report.

verdun59
January 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
Warms my heart to see that picture. I've got one that I had worked on by Scott McDougal & Associates, and it is the smoothest shooting .380 that I have ever fired. Wonderful little gun, I wish they still made them....but then Colt has done some strange stuff.

Greg All Calibers
January 17, 2010, 01:06 PM
I have had this pistol since the mid-90's and it serves me well.

This infomation is from my notes, when I did my trigger job and other modifications. I attached a couple of pictures of the rear of the slide where I did some work. Perhaps it is helpful to someone:

Model DS6891 Pony Pocketlite,
2.75" Locked-Breach Barrel, 6+1 rd, 13 oz. ,
Aluminum Alloy Receiver, Stainless Steel Slide,
Fixed Sights (windage adjustable), Shrouded Hammer

- Dehorned and removed sharp edges on front and rear of slide (for less clothes wear and printing)
- Rounded rear of slide by filing off metal behind sight (for quicker no-snag draw)
- Filed and/or smoothed & polished sharp edges and all surfaces on ejection port and INSIDE of gun (including barrel, feed-ramp, etc)
- Replaced OEM hammer spring with Wolff 7 lb version (for reduced trigger pull, now is about 9 lbs)
- Lightly sanded/polished drawbar and hammer plate (for smoother pull, with minimal stacking)
- Blued rear sight (with aluminum bluing solution) where it was nicked from Colt drifting it into position
- Replaced dual OEM 11 lb recoil spring with single Wolff 12 lb pwr version
- Replaced OEM magazine springs with Wolff power mag springs +5%
- Bent end of slide stop spring down slightly (to hold slide stop in with a small 'click', even while racking slide to left). Can also use a 'positive retention slide stop' from SM&A www.colt380.com (no longer in service)
- Replaced OEM magazine release spring with heavier version from Mac Scott at Scott, McDougall & Assoc., (keeps the magazine from falling out if magazine release button has moderate hand or body pressure on it)
- Replaced plastic guide rod with Stainless Guide Rod from Scott, McDougall & Assoc. It's stronger, lasts longer, easier to get in/out, and looks better.

HOLSTERS
============
Galco PH204 Pocket-holster and Thundeware

GRIPS
=====
Handall Jr. (Houge, for compact autos)

Speedo66
January 17, 2010, 06:58 PM
A Rolex Submariner, a Mont Blanc, and .380 ammo, life is good.

cwl1862
January 17, 2010, 08:29 PM
I've had one of the Gov't model 380's since they first came out & it's one of the best 380's I've got, & I've got a few. I too wish colt would get their act together and re-introduce the Govt, Mustang & Pony again. I'd buy a mustang & a pony to go with my Govt model. I don't know who's running Colt's marketing dept but they srue are missing the boat on the consealed carry boom!

Lawnguy
January 18, 2010, 11:27 AM
You have James Bond's watch and caliber. Pretty sweet!!!

LANDMAN4389
March 9, 2010, 07:28 PM
X2 I even went so far as to send Colt Manufacturing a letter about this but it came back "un-received"

They are missing millions of dollars worth of business

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Pony Pocketlite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!