Thompson Center Scout

PDA

Wired Wrong
January 17, 2010, 05:59 PM
Looking for a Thompson center Scout 50 caliber Muzzleloader Must be great shape and reasonable in price. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Center Scout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chawbaccer
January 17, 2010, 08:44 PM
I have neither, but just wonder if you mean the rifle or pistol.

dikar
January 17, 2010, 09:18 PM
My brother has one that has not been shot in several years, just sits in the gun cabinate. I'll see if he wants to get rid of it. <>< del

Wired Wrong
January 18, 2010, 09:05 AM
Chawbaccer, I am looking for the rifle.

dikar.Thanks let me know.

catwarden
January 19, 2010, 09:47 AM
Contact Nemecs Sport Shop 518-623-2049 they have a 50 or 54 cal. in nice shape. Ask for Chris or Kevin if they are there.:rolleyes:

Smith357
January 20, 2010, 10:04 PM
I saw two .54 caliber T/C Scouts sitting side by side a few weeks ago at the OGCA show. One had walnut furniture the other had plastic, both were $200 and both looked brand new. I walked away with the walnut Scout. I'm hoping to get it out to the range once the weather breaks.

I have seen a few Scouts on GunBroker.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/smith357/armory/TC%20Scout/IMG_4642.jpg

Wired Wrong
January 20, 2010, 11:15 PM
Thats nice,what type scope mount do you have? Wish I could find one for that price.

Smith357
January 21, 2010, 07:09 AM
Prices of the tradional muzzleloaders are very low here, everyone wants the new inlines, and though the scout is an inline, it cannot easily be converted to use 209 primers without a lot of machining to the reciever, breechplug, and hammer, and since pellets do not ignite reliably with just #11 caps it's a FF BP only carbine.

I was looking for a T/C hawken or Lyman GPR when I saw the Scouts, and I always like the lever action styling of the Scout. Since I was fully prepared to carry loose powder and deal with a traditional rifle the so-called drawbacks of the scout did not phase me.

I'm not sure what scope mount it is, but as soon as I work up a loading for it the scope is going away and I plan on using open sights. To me scopes just add bulk and add aqusition time to a hunting carbine. It would be such a waste not to use the beautiful buckhorn sights that came on the Scout.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/smith357/armory/TC%20Scout/IMG_4650.jpg

dikar
January 21, 2010, 10:38 PM
Wired wrong, sent you a PM:)

Wired Wrong
January 21, 2010, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to say I belong to a variety of forums from hunting,archery,boats,fishing,and on and on. But this is an outstanding forum,I get quick responses and good info. Thanks:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Center Scout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!