New XD40 Service

January 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
This week I picked up a XD40. I have owned both the XD45 Compact and the XD9SC in the past but I really wanted to give the .40 a try.

The XD40 did not fail to impress. I fired 150 rounds through it the day after I got it and it did everything that it was supposed to do. Recoil is perfectly managable and accuracy is just as good as I can expect. No malfunctions and no problems of any kind. I was considering getting a Glock 23, but I am a reloader and I wanted something that I could use to shoot lead relods out of without the hassle of buying a aftermarket barrel.

I was planning on just using this pistol as a house gun, but I find that it is actually quite concealable IWB. The grip is a little long, but even that is not too bad to hide under a loose t-shirt. If I find myself in the mood to carry something a little bigger than my sub-compact Glock or my 5-shot revolvers, the XD40 would do fine.

Here are a few pics of the gun and my results from yesterdays range trip. This target was shot rapid fire, unsupported at 7 yards. Needless to say I am happy with the results. It's not going to replace my Glock 26 as my main carry gun due to it's size, but I feel good with it on my nightstand!

If you enjoyed reading about "New XD40 Service" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
January 17, 2010, 09:48 PM
Very nice. I'm looking forward to taking my new XD45 Tactical out to the range for the first time. I am hoping it turns out to be as reliable as my Glock 21sf. I like my Glock well enough but the handle on the XD just feels a bit more slim and easier for me to get my fingers around.

Highland Ranger
January 17, 2010, 09:57 PM
I have the 4" that comes with the two different magazine lengths. Neat gun.

January 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
Looks great... at 7yards quick fire, looks like you'll do just fine against a bad guy.

What more can you ask for? Great choice by the way.

Mike J
January 17, 2010, 11:17 PM
Congrats on your purchase Katana. I've got an XD-40 I've had for a couple of years & it is what I usually carry. It's been a good gun but sometimes I think I should have got the .45 compact. I guess the grass is just always a little greener.

January 18, 2010, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the report! The XD is a fine pistol IMO regardless of size or chambering. I've been seriously thinking of an XDm 40 and a XD9 subcompact. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "New XD40 Service" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!