Browning Buckmark

PDA

SATX man
January 18, 2010, 01:50 AM
I bought a Buckmark a couple of months ago and is there a way you can replace the gold trigger?

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Buckmark" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
January 18, 2010, 09:19 AM
At very least, you could paint or refinish yours. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace it?

SATX man
January 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
Just thought there was an aftermarket trigger in a different color other than gold.

jonnyc
January 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
Have you checked with Browning?

wrench
January 18, 2010, 10:36 PM
I used to hate that gold trigger when I first got my Buckmark. I've gotten used to it now-still would rather have black, but not enough to spend much effort on it.
Let us know what you find out.

jfrey
January 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
There are several places that can refinish it for you if you don't like the gold. Check the search engines and you can get several colors and finishes.

Tommygunn
January 19, 2010, 12:31 AM
I believe it's gold plated.
I have a Browning Auto 5 and a Browning B-92 which have gold triggers. The shotgun never bothered me -- the safety has gold plating as well. The B-92 is a lever action .44 Magnum repro of the Winchester 1892 and a sorta don't really like the gold trigger, but have never bothered to do anything about it.

Always wanted to bet a Buckmark .... maybe in a month or so. ;-)

Hk Dan
January 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Brownells sells a wide range of factory and replacement parts for the Buckmark--check their website.

There is also a company that makes competition parts for Buckmarks, but for the life of me I can't recall the name. If you Google up "Steel Challenge" and "Buckmark", you should find 'em.

I like both my Buckmarks as they are. Reckon I've never thought about the color of the trigger, though.

Dan

wbwanzer
January 19, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm liking mine. Trigger color doesn't bother me.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/BrowningBuckMark002.jpg

LeontheProfessional
February 11, 2010, 11:41 PM
That trigger is what gives the gun its signature. Why on earth would someone want to get rid of such a beautiful thing? JK, I know a lot of people that don't like it but I kinda like it.

Magoo
February 12, 2010, 03:43 PM
It's definitely gold plated. I sanded the gold off of mine and had reasonable success blackening it with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. It was a PITA to get all of the gold out of those little ridges and the uneven casting surfaces. You need to get ALL of it off though.
There's a guy over on rimfire central called "rusty22" that makes custom parts for Buckmarks. He does make a trigger and will anodize it "any" color you want. I got an extended mag release from him and it is a top notch piece of work.

Volfy
February 13, 2010, 12:23 AM
To each his own, I guess. I bought a Buckmark Camper 5.5" with HOT PINK STRIPES on the frame. Academy had it on clearance for $219 because apparently nobody wanted it.

I could care less if it had Hello Kitty printed all over the frame, it doesn't make the Buckmark shoot any different. By the time I wrap my hands around it, you can't see the pink stripes from 3ft away. It's for range practice and plinking anyway.

<SLV>
February 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
I used a cloth buffing wheel and removed the gold lacquer. My BM trigger now looks like polished aluminum.

KevinR
February 15, 2010, 06:07 PM
It is Gold Plated and it will wear off after some use. When it does it looks real bad and you will want to do something then. I love Browning guns and hope someone from Browning reads this.

(Mr Browning -Please do something with the junk Gold Plating) :confused:

boricua9mm
February 15, 2010, 06:13 PM
I also removed the gold plating. I took the trigger out of the frame and then used a dremel with the felt wheel and some silver polish. The polished warned against using on gold plated items and turns out it was perfect for removing the gold.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/214/214487/pages/1025171/left1.jpg

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/214/214487/pages/1025171/right1.jpg

Comanche180
February 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
I find it hard to believe that the trigger on a less than $300 gun is gold plated. It is a gold colored plating for sure, whatever. I don't care what my camper looks like, it shoots so well!

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Buckmark" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!