Pedersen shotguns

PDA

Grassman
January 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
Can any of you guys tell me a little about Pedersen shotguns? Are they still in business? I'm told they are great quality. My brother has a 20 gauge Pedersen double barrel that he got when our dad died. What would this gun be worth today? My dad bought it back in the early 70's, it's a beautiful gun, great craftsmanship. I have admired the gun for years. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pedersen shotguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
January 18, 2010, 07:53 PM
IIRC, it should be a Spanish made Mossberg shotgun

dfariswheel
January 18, 2010, 08:38 PM
Pedersen Custom Guns was owned by Mossberg.
They imported guns from 1973 to 1975.

They sold 2 versions of a double gun, the Model 200 and the Model 2500.

The Model 200 was available in 2 grades, Grade I and Grade II.
The Model 200 was available in 12 or 20 gauge in 26" improved cylinder and modified, in 28" in modified and full, and 30" in modified and full, with boxlock and auto ejectors.
It was made in 1973 to 1974.

The Model 2500 was in 12 or 20 gauge, improve cylinder and modified, 28" in modified and full, with boxlock and auto ejectors, and checkered pistol grip and fore arm.

The Model 200 was a higher grade gun with values of about $2500 for a Grade I in new condition, and $2300 for a Grade II in new condition.

The Model 2500 was a cheaper gun with a value of about $500 for a new one.

Smitty in CT
January 22, 2010, 11:53 PM
Grassman,

I have become an unwilling "collector" of these guns, which model is it??

An O/U or SxS?? If you're interested in getting rid of it let me know...

I'm looking at a Model 2000 SxS tomorrow in Albany at the gun show....

If you enjoyed reading about "Pedersen shotguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!