Virus attacks?

PDA

fireman 9731
January 22, 2010, 03:00 PM
So I was on here a few days ago, just perusing the threads and WHAMO! I got hit with over a dozen viruses, several trojans and such, It automatically disabled my Symantec Endpoint virus protection, along with my windows firewall. It totally crashed my system and I had to erase my hard drive to get rid of everything.

So my question is this: Did I get attacked by an anti-gun computer whiz?

I know that THR servers have been attacked before, could they of moved on to its members?

If you enjoyed reading about "Virus attacks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fireman 9731
January 23, 2010, 12:49 PM
Anybody?

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
So I was on here a few days ago, just perusing the threads and WHAMO!
I suspect it wasn't this site, as if it had been we would have had hundreds of members complaining and reporting viruses. It could have been something linked off this site or some other exploit.

So my question is this: Did I get attacked by an anti-gun computer whiz?
I can say with complete confidence that this wasn't the case. The people who are doing this kind of thing aren't really interested in politics, it's about money. Setting up bot nets, adware, redirecting searches for profit, etc.

Double Naught Spy
January 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
Right, not some anti-gun attack through the web site. More than likely you visited some other site or had some other security issue of your own.

Chances are that you have visited lots of sites that have been attacked at some point in the past. Been to any of the major news sites? Google? MSN? Yahoo? All have been attacked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Virus attacks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!