AA#5 load for 45 230 gr lrn

PDA

fgr39
January 20, 2003, 08:36 PM
I loaded up a batch (50) to test and found them to be smokey with some residue on my hands after firing. the load I used is from Accurate Arms 7.7 grns AA#5, WLP, COL 1.230, 230 grn LRN. Any thing I can change to make it burn a little cleaner? what loads do others use? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#5 load for 45 230 gr lrn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redneck2
January 20, 2003, 09:46 PM
comes from the lube. I use AA5 for a lot of stuff (10mm, 45 acp, 45LC)

I switched from bullets that had blue "Crayola" lube to ones that have clear lube and they're a lot better

If you wanna test, try FMJ's with AA5. Hard to believe the difference

I'm gonna try Universal Clays. Supposed to be about the cleanest shooting there is.

IRock
January 23, 2003, 07:46 PM
I have had great sucess with AA5 in .40 cal. But I never cared for it much in the .45. Never really got a very accurate load. I think it is just a little slow for the .45. Plus if you don't load it hot you will get a lot of flake. Viht 320 is super clean, but can be hard to find in some areas.

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#5 load for 45 230 gr lrn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!