New .357 200 gr. Bullet

PDA

Robert Palermo /Penn Bullets
January 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
The new .357 200 gr. TCGC bullet is just about ready to go into production and this will complete our extensive lineup of cast bullets for .38/ .357 which runs from 100 -230 gr.
I will have the new bullet up on the site in a few days. with a special offer for THR customers. www,pennbullets.com

If you enjoyed reading about "New .357 200 gr. Bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RKRCPA
January 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
Do you anticipate bringing back the SSK style bullets? I used to buy these from you years ago.

January 24, 2010, 03:07 PM
All of the specialty bullets are going back into production as I have obtained more help in the shop specifically for this purpose. I suspended them last year when things were crazy in anticipation and orders for regular bullets went thru the roof. The problem is that things haven't really changed that much even now. (although we might see some calmness come about as result of the MA election aka NO.41)

The problem is that regular customers that have depended on these bullets have been clamoring for their return and I cannot hold them back any longer and it's not fair to ask them to wait any longer, so while extra help is available in this downturn economy I'm going to get as many of them done as I can.
I will have the website updated in the next few days with some bullets and some other changes.
One of the changes will be is that speciality bullets will be in their own seperate category and those bullets will be made and shipped seperatly from the regular bullets as they are on a totally different production schedule from the regular bullets.
I have already run the first group of .45 Thunderheads thru and I am starting on the second run this week. .44 320 SSK and .45 340 SSK are also scheduled as are the .475/.480 Ruger bullets.
So check the website in a few days but we are taking orders for everything at this point.

NVMM
January 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
How long will I have to wait for an order?

Peter M. Eick
January 24, 2010, 04:58 PM
That is good news. I wanted to try some out for my 357 Maximums.

Thanks for thinking of the specialty bullet guys like me.

joneb
January 24, 2010, 11:26 PM
What is the crimp groove to bullet nose length ? Sizes offered (diameters) ? BHN's ? thanks jj

January 25, 2010, 08:24 AM
I'll post here when they go into production and include technical details as soon as I can.
I can offer the 12bhn and the 20+bhn once I get them up and running which should be in a few days. I don't anticipate more than a few days to get them out once production starts.
I also have to check on my supply of gas checks for this one and may have to order some. The bullets will also be available without checks for those that want to shoot the bullets without them or install their own which will lower the cost a lot as installing checks is hand labor.

February 26, 2010, 01:47 PM
The new .357 200 GR. Truncated Cone Gas Check bullet is now in production.
Here are some specs on the bullet.

The bullet length is .845 without the check and .858 with the check.
The nose to the top of the crimp groove is .313 in length and will fit all revolvers and will cycle thru lever action rifles.
The crimp groove is a generous taper that runs .055 in length that will allow you some adjustment in the O.A.L. and still apply a heavy roll crimp.
The as cast weight in the 20 BHN is 195 GR. without lube and the check.
With lube and check it will hit 200 GRs.

The bullets will be available unlubed and unsized for those that want to apply their own checks. I can supply checks at cost at 23.00 per 1000
Price is 25.00 for 250 and 40.00 for 500 and 75.00 per 1000

The bullets will be available lubed and sized without checks at .358 and .359 and .360 sizing.
Price is 30.00 for 250 and 55.00 for 500 and 100.00 per 1000

The bullets with gas checks and lubed and sized at .357 and .358 will be priced at 45.00 for 250 and 85.00 for 500 and 160.00 for 1000.

THR members get an addtional 5% discount and as always active Miltary and active LEO's get free shipping on all their orders.

THR members put their THR name in the special instructions area and Military and LEO's follow our instructions for ID on the web site at www.pennbullets.com

Gadzooks Mike
February 26, 2010, 02:09 PM
So when I click on that link and go to http://www.pennbullets.com - what do I click on to see which bullets you have?

February 26, 2010, 02:13 PM
This bullet is not up yet but will be soon as I send one down to my web guy to post on the site.
To see the other bullets in the line click on bullet specs and then click on your caliber and that will bring all the bullets in that caliber on the left hand side. Click on each bullet for more detailed info about that particular bullet.
This bullet is very close to the .38/.357 180 gr. bullet except it's a bit longer and features the gas check.

March 1, 2010, 02:37 PM
The first run of these is done and is being shipped out today and tommorow for all the various orders that have come in so far. I sent down the samples to my web guy and they should be posted on the site in the next couple of days.

Peter M. Eick
March 7, 2010, 12:57 PM
I got mine and I have to add that they are very nicely made. I sat there with the Micrometer yesterday measuring bullets for a while and found they were exceptionally consistent. Very similar to Lasercasts which are my standard. Bullet weights are spot on and consistent. I think these will be accurate and reliable bullets. I suspect they will become my new 357 Maximum standard bullet!

I won't be able to get them into my 357 Maximum for a couple of weeks, but I have to admit that I am looking forward to it. Full report coming when I get a chance to work up the loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "New .357 200 gr. Bullet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!