Returning primers

PDA

ole farmerbuck
January 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
If i got bad primers from a company and want to send them back, (whick i did) how do i go about it? Can they send me a shipping label/haz-mat label or is it illegal for me to ship even with the right labels?

If you enjoyed reading about "Returning primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Six
January 25, 2010, 10:11 PM
I'd ask them to figure it out and tell me where to go.

Canuck-IL
January 25, 2010, 10:14 PM
I would guess it's illegal - you need a hazmat shipper's license to go along with the labels.

I agree w above - call and make it their problem.
/Bryan

ole farmerbuck
January 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
I dont know of anyone close to here that ships hazmat.

FROGO207
January 26, 2010, 06:35 AM
I would make the manufacturer responsible for the problem. Unless they were purchased locally then the sales agents problem.

ole farmerbuck
January 26, 2010, 06:40 AM
I called them yesterday. They said the problem IS getting them back to where i got them. They have no problem refunding me.

FROGO207
January 26, 2010, 10:02 PM
Are there a lot of them or just one box. Their hope is that you will say *(&&* and just destroy them. Their problem is solved.:banghead:

ole farmerbuck
January 26, 2010, 10:42 PM
I have 5000 of them Only used out of one 100 box. Only missing 30 total. Just too many misfires. I already have cci's coming to replace them. Wolf said as soon as P V get them back, they will reimburse me. Sounds like a guy is coming here tomorrow and he can take them back for me. Might be a while before i get my money back but i guess we'll see.

ole farmerbuck
January 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
Their hope is that you will say *(&&* and just destroy them. Their problem is solved.

I offered to destroy them but it didnt work. We're cleaning up a new farm we just bought and have some pretty big fires. I could have fun! Most of them probably wouldnt even go off though.

RS14
January 26, 2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I took a quick look over the Uniform Commercial Code. Possibly useful excerpts below.

2-314. Implied Warranty: Merchantability; Usage of Trade.

(1) Unless excluded or modified (Section 2-316), a warranty that the goods shall be merchantable is implied in a contract for their sale if the seller is a merchant with respect to goods of that kind. Under this section the serving for value of food or drink to be consumed either on the premises or elsewhere is a sale.

(2) Goods to be merchantable must be at least such as:

(a) pass without objection in the trade under the contract description;

(b) in the case of fungible goods, are of fair average quality within the description;

(c) are fit for the ordinary purposes for which goods of that description are used;

(d) run, within the variations permitted by the agreement, of even kind, quality and quantity within each unit and among all units involved;

(e) are adequately contained, packaged, and labeled as the agreement may require; and

(f) conform to the promise or affirmations of fact made on the container or label if any.

(3) Unless excluded or modified (Section 2-316) other implied warranties may arise from course of dealing or usage of trade.

2-601. Buyer's Rights on Improper Delivery.

Subject to the provisions of this Article on breach in installment contracts (Section 2-612) and unless otherwise agreed under the sections on contractual limitations of remedy (Sections 2-718 and 2-719), if the goods or the tender of delivery fail in any respect to conform to the contract, the buyer may

(a) reject the whole; or

(b) accept the whole; or

(c) accept any commercial unit or units and reject the rest.

2-602. Manner and Effect of Rightful Rejection.

(1) Rejection of goods must be within a reasonable time after their delivery or tender. It is ineffective unless the buyer seasonably notifies the seller.

(2) Subject to the provisions of the two following sections on rejected goods (Sections 2-603 and 2-604),

(a) after rejection any exercise of ownership by the buyer with respect to any commercial unit is wrongful as against the seller; and

(b) if the buyer has before rejection taken physical possession of goods in which he does not have a security interest under the provisions of this Article (subsection (3) of Section 2-711), he is under a duty after rejection to hold them with reasonable care at the seller's disposition for a time sufficient to permit the seller to remove them; but

(c) the buyer has no further obligations with regard to goods rightfully rejected.

(3) The seller's rights with respect to goods wrongfully rejected are governed by the provisions of this Article on seller's remedies in general (Section 2-703).

ole farmerbuck
January 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
I was told they cant send me a hazmat shipping label since i opened them. If i hadnt opened them, i wouldnt have known they need to be sent back.:o

FROGO207
January 27, 2010, 07:54 PM
They may actually want them back to see what the problem is to help them solve it in the future. Destroying the item will not allow them to find that answer.
Lesson learned----primers are a pain in the @@@ to return if shipped.:banghead:

ole farmerbuck
January 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
I just found out the primers have a free ride home this weekend. A guy i met a few weeks ago who lives about 1/2 mile from PV will be here this weekend to pheasant hunt. He's the one who brought them to me a few weeks ago from PV. I think everything will be ok as soon as 'the big distributor' hears from PV that they have them back. Nice to have good connections!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Returning primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!