Witness 38 Super Magazine question

PDA

Peter M. Eick
January 26, 2010, 07:15 PM
Do the witness 38 supers take a special mag after 2005?

I just got an older one that is a Elite Match (two tone, standard frame, bomar style "super sight") and I ordered mags for it from CDNN that were 17 rounders with a red follower.

Are they the right ones?

Also any comments on loading Super ammo vs. Super Comp vs. TJ for brass?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Witness 38 Super Magazine question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunfighter123
January 26, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hello Peter,
Those mags you ordered from CDNN should be the right ones for your Elite Match ---- all the mags {10mm/.40/9mm/38Super} that I have all are the ones with the "red followers". Here is the best link I know of for IPSC type match loads;
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=72

Myself --- I still use .38 Super for IPSC "major" in Unlimited , reason being I have about 75,000/100,000 rds. of 38 Super ----- some guns will work with Super Comp with no other mods , some need the extractor "tuned" .

Peter M. Eick
January 27, 2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info on the supercomp. I was guessing it wa a better choice but a calculated risk that it might not work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Witness 38 Super Magazine question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!