Which of your guns do you take out and fondle the most?

PDA

chaim
November 16, 2003, 03:19 AM
So which gun do you take out and fondle the most? Dry fire, clean it even though it is clean, take apart and put back together for no reason, play with, etc...

I could ask which you take to the range the most but that doesn't say much because you may have other reasons. Maybe you take out your .22s the most because they are cheap. Maybe you take your SD gun the most to stay proficient...

I could ask which is your favorite but then you might think too much and not give the "real" answer. It might even be the "real" answer, but not be the same as the one you like to just "play" with the most for whatever reason.

So, I just want to know what you take out the most just for the heck of it to look at, fondle, play with. It could be a rifle, handgun, shotgun, airgun, whatever.

For me it is my Charles Daly 1911 and Taurus 85 (I'm not sure which I take out more). My S&W 65LS is close behind and the CZ 75B is behind that. In long guns it is probably the SKS, but that is because it is one of two that are actually at the house (I'm sure if I didn't keep my Winchester 94 in a storage unit it would probably be more "fondled"). None of my long guns gets "played with" as much as any of the mentioned handguns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which of your guns do you take out and fondle the most?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
November 16, 2003, 03:29 AM
My Makarov.

I figure since I carry it that it needs to be taken down and "de-linted" regularly ... back when I had a Kahr MK40, it was my primary carry gun and it got the "most fondled" title.

c_yeager
November 16, 2003, 03:35 AM
When i found out how easy it was to dissasemble my makarov i proceeded to do so until i could do it with my eyes closed for no particular reason other than i could. Asside from that i probably end up "checking" my sp101 more than anything else. It too is very easy to strip down.

duckfoot
November 16, 2003, 03:37 AM
I don't think that I have ever "played" any of my firearms. While I take pleasure in shooting them, everything has a time and a place when it comes to my guns. When they come out of the locker or lock box, it's for a reason. Range time, cleaning, inspection (yes, I tear down my firearms yearly for a visual inspection), training, is just about the only reasons that they come out of that locker or lock box. I have too much respect for my firearms, kinda like the way a Samurai treats his sword with respect. I guess I'm just weird like that.

Zundfolge
November 16, 2003, 03:46 AM
I have too much respect for my firearms
I fail to see how regularly breaking down and lovingly cleaning a firearm is "disrespectful" :p

semf
November 16, 2003, 03:56 AM
Either my Walker or my Blackhawk get most of my fondle time

my Norks get my Samurai time

sm
November 16, 2003, 03:56 AM
My CCWs are the most handled, shot, inspected,or dry-fired.
I actually just finished giving CCWs a very light application of RIG.
Next would be SGs, I still do mount, swing and dry fire with them. Did 100 reps today.

Spieler
November 16, 2003, 05:31 AM
Other than my daily CCW which now alternates between a G17 and Colt M1991A1 Compact, I would have to say I probably 'play' with my Smith M10 and AR the most. The revolver is relatively new to me so I am still exploring it in intimate detail and the lack of a close outdoor range means I don't get to fire my long guns as often as I would like.

stevelyn
November 16, 2003, 06:36 AM
My BHP probably gets handled the most since I carry it off-duty. But for just pure fondling pleasure it's got to be my newest mistress:evil:.......yes that's right, a sleek, sexy, Turkish made, Gazelle Arms O/U 12ga. After aquiring her, she folded a flushing ptarmigan on the first shot when we went out on our first real date.:D

Border
November 16, 2003, 07:11 AM
For some strange reason I just love the feel and sound of the action on my 686+. I can't pick up the gun with out cocking it and have sat watching TV and done it again and again! I have to tell myself-"stop that!" and put the gun away! I don't think I'll go blind or anything though! :D

I also like to take out my Weatherby O/U Orion II and admire the wood and engraving.

Spot77
November 16, 2003, 07:15 AM
It seems like I do that with whatever my newest gun is....

...Right now I can't seem to separate from my sks. I take it apart, clean it, put it back together.....and then I get the nagging feeling that it isn't clean enough......so I do it again.

Sure enough, I still manage to get some more crud out of it :neener:

Greg L
November 16, 2003, 08:32 AM
So which gun do you take out and fondle the most?

Whichever one is at the front of the safe, it is too much work to dig out the ones in the back :D (more than a grain of truth to that though :uhoh: ).

Carry guns get the most maintenance done to them. For the long guns, whichever old milsurp I'm tinkering with at the time.

Greg

Rembrandt
November 16, 2003, 08:50 AM
....all the engraved ones.....each time one is handled it amazes me at the craftsmanship, skill, and artistry. Trying to imagine some Belgium craftsman tapping away with a mallet and chisel creating "eye candy" for those of us less talented. Unfortunately my expertise with a hammer is limited to driving 16d's into 2X4's. Renaissance Browning High Power get's the most loving attention...the high grade over/unders are a close second.

Kharn
November 16, 2003, 09:08 AM
Sistema 1911. There's just something about it that draws me towards it every time.

Kharn

Johnpl
November 16, 2003, 09:19 AM
M-1 Garand...it REEKS of history. Manufactured January 1944. I just wish it could talk back.:)

Sheldon
November 16, 2003, 09:20 AM
It's usually my Gold Cup 45, but I'm very low on ammo for it right now so I have switched over to the Beretta 92 FS as I still have 6000 rounds of component bullets for it. When I get more 200 gr lead SWC bullets I'll probably switch between them.

cool45auto
November 16, 2003, 10:37 AM
Well, I'm always playing with my Beretta because it's my main carry gun. I take out my SKS and my Mosin 91/30 all the time just to look at them. I love those rifles.

standingbear
November 16, 2003, 10:45 AM
they all get cleaned and wiped down regurarly...inspected and put back.

OH25shooter
November 16, 2003, 11:27 AM
M-1 Garand...it REEKS of history. Manufactured January 1944. I just wish it could talk back.

You lucky guy. Nothing like holding on to history. Especially the rifle that won freedom!

loveipos1234
November 16, 2003, 11:38 AM
A German Officer Luger given to me from my Dad that he took from a German Col. near Munich in the last days of the war.

I clean and lube each weapon I have every 2 weeks, and if I shoot, I clean it when I get home, and then again for the next 2 days. Thank you Marine Corps for training me to do it right!

DFBonnett
November 16, 2003, 04:15 PM
None. I don't fondle my tools or my tool.

George Hill
November 16, 2003, 04:22 PM
Sure you don't.
:p

Black Snowman
November 16, 2003, 04:22 PM
The weapons I handle the most (dry fire, inspect for no particular reason, etc) are the ones that show wear the least. Those being my FAL and my Glock.

OEF_VET
November 16, 2003, 04:28 PM
It would have to be my SAR-1. There's just something about it.

Frank

loveipos1234
November 16, 2003, 04:41 PM
I take it you are a cannon cocker. Don't spend a lot of time trying to find that bucket of Muzzle Blast.

MountainPeak
November 16, 2003, 04:47 PM
My grandfathers old shotgun. I like babying it.

shermacman
November 16, 2003, 04:55 PM
Ditto the M-1. I take mine out of its case, oil the woodwork, wipe the metal, run the bolt, imagine the man who fired it defending the freedom of the entire world.

pmbiker
November 16, 2003, 05:11 PM
Usually the last one I bought. Currently that's a HK USP45f in stainless steel. My custom Bulgarian ak-47 by Ohio Rapid Fire is my favorite long gun and gets fondled a lot too.

Bainx
November 16, 2003, 05:38 PM
Same as OEF VET....the SAR1.
Something about it. It just seems natural, utilitarian, and comforting.

feedthehogs
November 16, 2003, 05:52 PM
My wife's pair of .38's.
The only thing that comes to mind when I hear the word fondle.

280PLUS
November 16, 2003, 07:13 PM
she also had a gun,,,

:evil:

my S&W model 332 airlite snubbie in .32 h&r magnum (to answer your question)

cause it's always in my pocket...

;)

Bowlcut
November 16, 2003, 07:35 PM
My sw99. As its my night stand gun right now, well only pistol also. But it usualy gets checked for opperation atleast daily to make sure nothign is wrong with it. Hate to have the bump in the night gun go *click*

hansolo
November 16, 2003, 09:19 PM
I tend to rack the slide and dry fire my CZ75B a lot...

My 1956 S&W Military/Police's blueing seems to get better with time...the tapered 4" barrel is like art-deco....right out of "Adam-12."

Another vote for SKS...mine has really nice wood furniture and it is just a cool rifle....being a newbie, I haven't gotten my Garand, Colt 1911 or M1 Carbine yet.

RocketMan
November 16, 2003, 09:26 PM
Just like Johnpl and Shermacman:

My M1 Garand. Made in February 1942, I often wonder where it has been, who used it and in which battles. Was it in WWII, Korea, Vietnam?
Did it serve faithfully? I'm betting it did.
Ah, history...

Neal Bloom
November 16, 2003, 09:29 PM
I fondle and care for all of them. Jealous little things!

Standing Wolf
November 16, 2003, 09:55 PM
High Standards and Pythons.

son of a gun
November 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~dangerousdude/mac%2011.jpg

Okiecruffler
November 16, 2003, 10:17 PM
Between my battle scarred Hungarian M44, and my first Steven's 311, the one my grandpappy gived me.

And for you fella's whose wives only pack 38's,... my condolences.:neener: :evil:

Dave R
November 16, 2003, 10:30 PM
They all get fondled about equally. I like 'em all.

Feanaro
November 16, 2003, 10:43 PM
My M48A. I wipe the bolt off, cycle the action, dry fire it, put the bayonet on it and in general play with it like an excited six year old(Though safely, I might add.). When I can afford it, an Ohio Rapid Fire HK91 clone will soon take it's place as my "fondling" dun.

DWS1117
November 16, 2003, 10:47 PM
My Springfiled 1911. Just had it refinished so it is getting fondled even more then usual. Right now though is the SKS because I have only had it a month and my drool faucet is still running.

rayjay
November 16, 2003, 10:58 PM
My Springfield IPSC racer. Her name is Dollyautomatic and she's a jealous b-i-t-c-h:fire: . My carry weapon is next. An H&K USP 45, she's cool with sharing my hip with my Sig P-220. I like to fondle the Springer the most though. She pretty:D I have to go and take my meds now:D

JohnKSa
November 16, 2003, 11:38 PM
Rifle: Imbel FAL

Pistol: Modified Beretta Elite II

Some of the comments on this thread reminded me of an old joke--here's the paraphrased version.

Surveys show 90% of gun owners fondle their firearms... The other 10% are liars.

Beetle Bailey
November 16, 2003, 11:41 PM
So which gun do you take out and fondle the most? Dry fire, clean it even though it is clean, take apart and put back together for no reason, play with, etc...

While I don't actually do that, I do keep an eye on the stock of my Mosin Nagant. After shooting and cleaning, I check it to see if it needs another hot (boiled linseed) oil massage. It doesn't get fondled, but it does get babied a bit. The other rifles get the leftover oil :rolleyes: .

aquapong
November 17, 2003, 12:11 AM
I can't say there is a clear cut #1 fondling gun, but the 4 I do fondle are my pair of Glock 19's, my SKS, and my Winchester 1200. I leave the Taurus 605 and Marlin 25N in the safe, and don't really play with them unless I'm taking them to the range.

Devonai
November 17, 2003, 12:20 AM
Here's one more for the Garand. Nothing I own has better balance or as much character, although my Enfield #4 MkI is a close second.

Kevlarman
November 17, 2003, 01:22 AM
Probably be my Garand. It sits right under the bed and is perfect for fondling.

Dr.Rob
November 17, 2003, 03:53 AM
My Colts. And lately my 1903A3.

Sven
November 17, 2003, 04:20 AM
The latest.

http://www.imageseek.com/sven/baby_browning/wallet_.jpg

ScottsGT
November 17, 2003, 08:48 AM
Long Gun- My Garand I refinished and restocked.

Hand Gun- maybe my Colt Enhanced Officer Model since that is my carry gun. But my favorite is my 1944 Colt Govt. model.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which of your guns do you take out and fondle the most?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!