77gr .233 load

PDA

HOLY DIVER
January 27, 2010, 09:03 PM
i'm fixing to order all the parts to build a new AR-15 upper with a 1/7 twist barrel so i can shoot heavier bullets and get a little further down range. i've hand loaded for my 1/9 twist barrel for years and know what works best for it.just wondering what loads for the 77grain bullet have you guys had good luck with?

If you enjoyed reading about "77gr .233 load" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rg1
January 27, 2010, 11:39 PM
Here's a chart from Sierra. Nosler has data on-line for their 77 CC. I've had good results with Sierra's and Noslers data using Reloder 15 powder.
http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=techservice&page=xring&volume=6&issue=3

ants
January 28, 2010, 12:22 AM
Many of us use Varget and/or R15 for heavier bullets in .223Rem. You'll have to shoot some through your new barrel to find the accuracy load, but don't be surprised if Varget works at low to mid load, and R15 works closer to max load.

Let us know how your new upper works.

Kernel
January 28, 2010, 12:30 AM
V-V N540 is an excellent powder with that cartridge and bullet weight.

Rokman
January 28, 2010, 12:56 AM
Varget, RL15 and TAC work well for me with 75gr. Hornandy BTHP projectiles. Would like to try some 77 gr. Noslers.

Jon Coppenbarger
January 28, 2010, 09:22 AM
reloader 15, varget, n140 and n540 are all favorites for competition shooters at least in high power.
as far as bullets in 77 grain I believe the best are follows in this order.
lapua, berger, hornady and sierra.

If you are shooting for small holes I would go as above but for everyday shooting there is not going to be a whole lot of difference.
If you buy a box of bullets think of it this way with lapua and berger all the rounds in that box came out of the same die, for the others they come out of different dies so you get more of a variance.

If you enjoyed reading about "77gr .233 load" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!