Anyone know what this is?

PDA

Sonick
January 27, 2010, 11:02 PM
I have a buddy selling this 1911 but it has absolutely no markings on it. It's a .45 in 1911 platform but I also have another buddy looking to trade his Glock 36 for it so I told him to let me find out a little bit about it first.

Any ideas?

Thanks! (more pictures are available at that photo bucket link.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/wiccaboa/1911/

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/wiccaboa/1911/100_0974.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know what this is?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sapper771
January 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
Well, the trigger and hammer appear to be STI, so does the thumb safety, but not completely sure.
Have you looked all over the pistol for markings/stamps? Is there anything around the serial # ?
Some place put their stamp on the dust cover or under the grips.
This may be a parts gun.

Sonick
January 27, 2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, according to feedback on other forums turns out to be an expensive kit gun.

The Bushmaster
January 27, 2010, 11:47 PM
Expensive kit gun? If that was the case the slide stop would fit better in the slide stop knotch.

How about a serial number? Does it even have one?

blackops
January 28, 2010, 01:27 AM
Para?

rick spencer
January 28, 2010, 07:37 AM
I saw this gun on the 1911 forum, It has been refinished i believe, IT had some sort of shiny paint on it. the serial number was inset on the other side of pistol. i don't believe they had a definate answer as to what it was over there either.

okespe04
January 28, 2010, 11:49 AM
could be a pimped out norinco, look for rough edges.

Sapper771
January 28, 2010, 01:58 PM
I may be wrong, but doesnt federal law state that the firearms must have a serial # and a maker stamped on the receiver ? I know that I cant NCIC a firearm's serial number unless I have a make, caliber, and serial.

HisSoldier
January 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
I may be wrong, but doesnt federal law state that the firearms must have a serial # and a maker stamped on the receiver ?

There are "80%" gun frames that can be finished, and the law on that is that (As I understand it) you can make your own gun without a serial number as long as you don't sell it. It seems like the language is intentionally vague as to how many can be made. I'd like to know if what you say about the makers name is a fact, I thought it was just the serial number on a gun for sale that was important. I've wanted to buy a good 80% frame for a while now, so I've read up on it a bit. If the info is incorrect please help straighten it out as I don't want to spread bad info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know what this is?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!