Is this a complete set of M1 carbine dies?

PDA

G.A.Pster
January 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
I bought these RCBS M1 carbine dies a while ago ($3 I think), and I havenít been able to determine if they have all their parts.

Do any of you know if they have everything?

Thanks.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4627/diesz.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a complete set of M1 carbine dies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ol' scratch
January 28, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes. From Left to right
Sizer-Deprime
Flare
Bullet seater.

ol' scratch
January 28, 2010, 08:19 PM
Double post

greyling22
January 28, 2010, 08:20 PM
looks like it. looks like size and deprime on left, powder die in the middle and bullet seater on the right. use lube when you use them even if they are carbide. it looks rusty there and your first few may be rough.

G.A.Pster
January 28, 2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I probably could’ve found it somewhere but I have 56k so it would’ve taken a looong time.

I don’t have a 30 carbine, I just figured for $3 I couldn’t pass it up.

It’s kind of dried rusty grease, it’s not as bad as it looks, I’ll take some carb cleaner to it and do some scrubbing and see what I can do.

dmazur
January 28, 2010, 09:25 PM
I donít have a 30 carbine, I just figured for $3 I couldnít pass it up.

You do know that's how it starts?

I'll just get the dies. Or, I'll just pick up this here brass...

The next thing you know, you're buying a rifle!

This can be a serious, life-long problem. I recommend you put the dies down and back away while you still have control of your actions. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this a complete set of M1 carbine dies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!