KBI (Charles Daly) going out of business

PDA

Z-Michigan
January 29, 2010, 01:05 PM
As posted by Mr. Kassnar at the Charles Daly Forums:

http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/showthread.php?p=13328#post13328

Sad to see them going. Hopefully the better products will return in the near future with a new company. That seems to be the vague message he's indicating.

If you enjoyed reading about "KBI (Charles Daly) going out of business" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
paintballdude902
January 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
too bad

Jim Watson
January 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
Well, after they got in a snit over Bul selling generic 1911s like theirs to MRI, there wasn't much left for them to do.

PTK
January 29, 2010, 01:13 PM
That really stinks, but I saw it coming for quite a while; I ended up not purchasing a number of Charles Daly firearms even though they were a bargain because of that specific happening.

Kingofthehill
January 29, 2010, 01:27 PM
are they the only importer of the Jericho?

taliv
January 29, 2010, 01:36 PM
bummer :(

MAKster
January 29, 2010, 05:37 PM
I think this was the untold story about the Bul saga. I suspect Bul knew how much financial trouble KBI was in, so they decided to partner with Magnum Research instead.

Spector
January 29, 2010, 05:41 PM
I owned a Charles Daly pistol scope once. It was guaranteed for life...........but not really. When Charles Daly came back under new ownership my warranty was no longer valid so I was stuck with a bad scope..........Mike

Erik M
January 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
are they the only importer of the Jericho?
Oh shoot, my thoughts exactly. My s/o is planning to order me a 941 for valentines day.

The Tennessean
January 29, 2010, 06:59 PM
I was hoping to buy a new M5 double stack 1911 this fall. Shame.

Gunnerpalace
January 29, 2010, 07:36 PM
It was a good run, sorry to hear.

hso
January 29, 2010, 08:08 PM
Pity

DeepSouth
January 29, 2010, 08:10 PM
I can't say I'm terribly shocked, All of the CD's I've had dealings with (2 1911's and 3 pump shotguns) had to, or needed to, go back to be made to function properly.

With that said, I believe they had some of the best CS in the business, unfortunately many people had to use it.

Z-Michigan
January 29, 2010, 08:47 PM
FWIW, I own a pump shotgun and a Jericho 941, and am quite happy with both. BUT the lifetime warranty on each was a major factor in my purchase, so I'm rather disappointed.

My s/o is planning to order me a 941 for valentines day.

You could look for a great deal and take a gamble, or you could buy a similar pistol like a CZ-75, EAA Witness, or Armalite AR-24. I have shot several CZ-75s and I think the Jericho is slightly nicer, but the difference is small.

Well, after they got in a snit over Bul selling generic 1911s like theirs to MRI, there wasn't much left for them to do.

I don't see this as cause and effect. Maybe as another person wrote, the Bul debacle was a symptom of existing problems? As far as I could see the CD Defense line was doing very well. I can't say that their line of imported shotguns and leverguns seemed to be anything special, although the pump shotguns were priced very competitively.

COK
January 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
I hate to see any firearms business close, a few weeks ago SKB also closed after many years. The firearms business is a tough one to be in.

The Lone Haranguer
January 29, 2010, 09:08 PM
This is unfortunate. Only about a year ago its president was on this forum asking how he could make it better.

shotgunsrfun
January 29, 2010, 09:15 PM
thats sad :(

DougW
January 29, 2010, 10:48 PM
So, who is next?

Wishoot
January 29, 2010, 10:53 PM
Too bad. Seemed like this new CEO was really trying hard to turn things around.

thorazine
January 29, 2010, 11:06 PM
No big loss to me.

Was let down twice by their products.

Good riddance. :cuss:

whitecloud
January 30, 2010, 04:26 AM
It is sad to see another gun company go, an American owned company at that. With that said customer service at Daly needed an overhaul, and if that would've happened I truly think Mr. Kassnar would still be in business. I had issues with their C.S. but it got resolved. Just not happy when another American dealer/company goes down.

renegade1alpha
January 30, 2010, 04:42 PM
I own a CD semi auto 12 gauge and have had nothing but good things to say about it. I have heard horror stories from others about their CD products, but not me. I have put numerous rounds through mine with out any malfunction of any kind. I will be sad to see them go.

redloki
January 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
Whitecloud, Yes they were American owned but they were not a gun company. They were an import business that contracted overseas firearm companies to make guns with the Charles Daly name on it. No American families profited from Charles Daly line of firearms. I can hope that people that gave Charles Daly their business will now buy from American companies. I would hate to see the rest of them end up like Winchester. No tears here.

Gunsafe
January 30, 2010, 06:00 PM
It's sad to see them go. I really enjoy my CD Field Hunter. It has been a great auto-loading shotgun.

SaxonPig
January 30, 2010, 06:32 PM
How can a gun maker go under given the rate of gun sales since November?

oneounceload
January 30, 2010, 07:41 PM
Just one more instance where making guns to a low price point with low quality didn't work out......Some folks need to remember that when they buy a cheap gun even though it ha a lifetime warranty

Erik M
January 30, 2010, 07:42 PM
or you could buy a similar pistol like a CZ-75, EAA Witness, or Armalite AR-24.

Not attractive enough. Ill stick with the Baby Eagle.

earlthegoat2
January 30, 2010, 08:11 PM
Just one more instance where making guns to a low price point with low quality didn't work out......Some folks need to remember that when they buy a cheap gun even though it ha a lifetime warranty

It did work out for a quite some time but I do agree with you oneounce. The majority of their stuff was worst kind of junk. They had some nice Miroku shotguns and kept the FEG Hi Power alive for a little longer than it should have as well as introducing Philipino 1911s to the US.

billdeserthills
January 31, 2010, 11:23 PM
I hope someone else picks up the line of double stack 1911's that Bul manufactures. That is the only thing I am upset about Chaz Daly shutting down for.

Kimber45acp
February 1, 2010, 01:34 AM
How can a gun maker go under given the rate of gun sales since November? Only one thing can cause this: debt. Brought sooner by the fact that the gun sales boom is over.

statelineblues
February 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
Too bad, really - at least Mr. Kassnar made an effort to keep in touch with his customer base on this site as well as others...

svaz
February 19, 2010, 11:00 PM
Bummer.

If you enjoyed reading about "KBI (Charles Daly) going out of business" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!