Grrr... my dad wants to believe his p3at is the shizmit

PDA

Dr_2_B
January 31, 2010, 10:52 AM
O jeez... I find him a laser for the p3at I got him and now he wants to say it's the ticket for home defense too. "I think I might just reach for the little 380 if my alarm went off while I was in bed."

OMG, after I gave him my sub 2000 9mm with which he shoots really well. Not to mention the P11 I gave him. Or his S&W model 12. Or his Taurus 45. Or the WINCHESTER 12 GAUGE, for cryin out loud!

How's that saying go? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him use enough gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Grrr... my dad wants to believe his p3at is the shizmit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
71Commander
January 31, 2010, 11:28 AM
There's something to be said about a laser a CQC situations. A 380 center mass is gonna spoil someones day. Easier to clean up after too.;)

Sock Puppet
January 31, 2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe he's just really clever: Tell you he's going to reach for the .380 so you'll buy him a nice 12 gauge.:D

Six
January 31, 2010, 12:21 PM
If the P3AT is the gun he's most comfortable with, trusts the most, has most experience with, shoots the best with, or any other of a million different reasons, why wouldn't it be the HD gun?

Sure, there are calibers that are more effective, but the weapons in those calibers may not be more effective in his hands. The human factor must be included in any home defense plans.

smallbore
January 31, 2010, 01:25 PM
It's his decision to make.

Big Bill
January 31, 2010, 02:11 PM
How do I get a son like you? I've given guns to all my sons (5) and SILs (7) and not one of them has returned the favor (Not that I expected/expect it), but....

harmon rabb
January 31, 2010, 03:25 PM
he's being a dork because he loves the laser. get him a laser for his other guns.

Dr_2_B
January 31, 2010, 05:31 PM
Sock Puppet, I like the way you think.

Harmon, that is precisely what I'm going to do. Those lasers you can mount on carbines are very inexpensive. And the picatinny rail for the Kel-Tec is inexpensive and relatively easy to mount I think. That would be really cool to outfit him with that set-up for home.

Big Bill, unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't stand much of a chance of out-giving him.

Big Bill
January 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
I don't stand much of a chance of out-giving him.What a good answer. You're a good son. Your dad's a lucky guy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grrr... my dad wants to believe his p3at is the shizmit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!