Sig shooting High or Low?

PDA

Dolph92
January 31, 2010, 10:38 PM
I have a Sig P239 in 40 S&W and it has always shot a little low when you use a traditional sight picture where you line up the front sight even with the rear sight bar and place the intended target on top of that. My girlfriend has a 239 in 9mm and hers shoots dead on with that sight window but she has factory night sights. I found this annoying as I have had to either change the way I line up the sights on this gun when compared to all my others or I have to cover the target with the front sight. It groups like a sig should and I have no complaints about that but I wanted to raise the point of impact so I can use the sight picture I have used on every gun I have owned since I was 8.

Well with farther research this is what I found

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/OwnerManual/UniversalSightPusher.pdf

If you read down at the bottom there are different sights with different heights. Looking close I found that my GF 9mm is a 8 and 8 front rear and mine is a 6 and 8. That would be 2 inches low at 25yrds and thats about right. Now anyone got any idea how I can get a new front or rear sight? :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig shooting High or Low?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmepiphany
February 1, 2010, 01:13 AM
www.topgunsupply.com

Tom is very nice and should have the parts in stock

by the way, the sight picture usually used with Sig is to have your aligned sights bisect the desired point of impact

Bovice
February 1, 2010, 03:21 AM
are you SURE it's not just you? Have somebody else shoot it and see if they get the same result. If they do, a new front sight is in order. If not, your trigger pull needs more work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig shooting High or Low?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!