Do You Care If You're Printing While Under Normal CC

PDA

wishin
February 1, 2010, 11:19 AM
Recognizing that there are times and places where you positively want to hide your concealed carry, who of you licensed to carry normally go to pains to keep others from knowing that you're armed? BTW, no need to remind me why they call it "concealed carry".

If you enjoyed reading about "Do You Care If You're Printing While Under Normal CC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
22-rimfire
February 1, 2010, 11:25 AM
I make an effort to stay concealed at all times. However, if I print or my firearm becomes visible, I don't worry about it. It is usually only for a few moments and it is not against the laws in my state.

CajunBass
February 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
Not a bit.

jcwit
February 1, 2010, 11:33 AM
Here in Indiana one can carry open if they have a cc permit. Does it bother me, in a word "no".

NavyLCDR
February 1, 2010, 11:45 AM
Concealed to me means I flip my shirt over my normal open carry rig. The only real preparation I make for concealed carry is to always wear a t-shirt in case I do want to un-tuck my shirt from behing my gun.

So, no, I don't make any wardrobe adjustments to avoid printing.

huntsman
February 1, 2010, 11:54 AM
Do You Care If You're Printing While Under Normal CC

no and I can't find anything in my state law that says I should.

kcw12
February 1, 2010, 12:09 PM
Here in Indiana one can carry open if they have a cc permit. Does it bother me, in a word "no".

When did Indiana change there license to carry a handgun to to concealed carry?????
Just poking at ya bud, indiana doesnt have a concealed carry permit, but a license to carry a handgun.

DAVIDSDIVAD
February 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
Yes, I care a lot, as it's my business and no one elses.

Sam1911
February 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
I generally conceal my sidearm, but as others have mentioned, my state doesn't get real hostile about a little printing -- or an open-carried gun for that matter.

I don't want to shock or alarm anyone, but I don't go to great lengths to be perfectly undetectable. There's just no need in my little corner of the world.

-Sam

youngda9
February 1, 2010, 12:23 PM
I make an effort to stay concealed at all times. However, if I print or my firearm becomes visible, I don't worry about it. It is usually only for a few moments and it is not against the laws in my state.
^^Same here.

HGUNHNTR
February 1, 2010, 12:35 PM
I definitely make an effort to avoid printing. In some social settings it would make my life more difficult than it has to be. Mostly I just want it there to potentially save mine or a family member's life, not make a political statement.

BCC
February 1, 2010, 12:38 PM
When I carry, I try to make sure my weapon doesn't print. As a courtesy to others. I know some folks are uncomfortable around guns, so there is no need to advertise. They can go about their business in comfort and so can I.

ArmedBear
February 1, 2010, 12:39 PM
Ditto Sam1911.

If I'm carrying concealed, I usually conceal well enough that someone who isn't looking for a gun won't know it's there. Sometimes, I do better. Sometimes, I don't care.

My main priority around town is simple: if the grocery store doesn't like me to carry a gun, they're going to have to look for it, and confront me about it. Since the only reason most businesses have any problem with someone carrying is to keep other customers from freaking out, the LAST thing they're going to do is call attention to a gun that most people wouldn't ever notice.

In some situations, like the bank, I will conceal more carefully because I buy into the "tactical advantage" idea. If someone with violent intentions does rob the bank, I don't want him to think I'm a plain-clothes cop and single me out to be shot. I'd rather be able to make my own decisions and take my own initiative when, where and if it makes sense, or keep the gun hidden as long as that makes the most sense, not be forced into action at the crook's discretion.

But just for going around town, I conceal because it helps me avoid inconveniences, not because I give a crap about hiding the gun.

If someone is uncomfortable around guns, I'm not sure what they're doing in Idaho...

Mike J
February 1, 2010, 12:51 PM
It all depends on where I am & what I'm doing. Most of the time I don't worry about it too much. I'm usually about like ArmedBear. I wouldn't say it is undetectable but you would have to be looking & know what to look for.

CCWB
February 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
I conceal well most of the time. If I have to, I'll switch to the KelTec with the belt clip, but most of the time I'm good to go. If I don't conceal well, I'd open carry anyway. Makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. As posted elsewhwere, most people can't tell with the amount of phones and other belt clipped items these days.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
February 1, 2010, 01:01 PM
I don't really care if my blue jeans are rather tight showing what is most likely a gun (to someone who knows what to look for). I should lose some weight around my waist.

I find that a long sweater covers a "multitude of sins" regarding my physical shape right now!

I can be armed with deep concealment and can actually have two weapons on me with a total of 45 rounds, and not one thing would be visible, even without a sweater!

Jonah71
February 1, 2010, 01:18 PM
The only time I'm concerned with any printing issues is during church services. Even though the congregation is aware that some members are armed....we don't see the need to make it obvious.

MachIVshooter
February 1, 2010, 01:26 PM
I try to avoid printing, but I'm not overly concerned about a bulge. Most people would never notice, and those that do are either friendlies (other carriers) or people who would think many other things (PDA, cell, etc.) before "gun".

CCWB
February 1, 2010, 01:28 PM
Lawd, I'd like to give pa raise for the abundance of ammo you have provided. May we fix our sites on the devil, and blast him back to the pits of hell. And all God's people say.........A MEN.

Iwonder if I can still shoot for sport when I get to heaven. Fully automatic ARs with no limit on ammo......ah, what a dream.

Gryffydd
February 1, 2010, 01:29 PM
Under normal circumstances I just make sure it's not obvious I'm carrying *a gun*. I don't try to make it look like I'm carrying *nothing*. If there's a little bluge to my untucked shirt most people will just assume it's my phone or something. Given that a good portion of the population doesn't even notice when someone is open carrying, I think the last thing most people will think when they see a bump or a bulge is "gun!" And given that I'm legal either way...

Jonah71
February 1, 2010, 01:49 PM
Lawd, I'd like to give pa raise for the abundance of ammo you have provided. May we fix our sites on the devil, and blast him back to the pits of hell. And all God's people say.........A MEN.

Iwonder if I can still shoot for sport when I get to heaven. Fully automatic ARs with no limit on ammo......ah, what a dream.
I don't know about that. Can't remember seeing any verses on that particular subject. I guess you'll find out eventually. Or maybe not. lol

kda
February 1, 2010, 01:50 PM
My feelings too. I'd just as soon avoid any possible hassle so I try to be careful but I'm certainly not obsessive about it.

CoRoMo
February 1, 2010, 01:59 PM
Not in the least. Not at all. I couldn't care less.

I've been carrying long enough that I fail to even remember that I'm doing it. At times, I've found myself not only printing, but open carrying when my shirt rides up over the grip of my gun.

Nothing ever happens.

okespe04
February 1, 2010, 03:09 PM
Not anymore, I used to care about printing, then I didn't anymore, then I started carrying iwb and was worried about people seeing the grip, then I didn't care anymore. Basically its not my problem. People do things that make me uncomfortable all the time, so why should I care if somebody seeing the grip of my glock makes them uncomfortable.

Madcap_Magician
February 1, 2010, 03:11 PM
Nah. Not worried at all. I try to avoid it, but so far it's either been unnoticed or people don't care enough to mention it.

Arkady
February 1, 2010, 03:17 PM
I try to avoid printing, if at all possible.

I've always been of the opinion that if anyone ever finds out that I'm carrying, it should be one hell of a surprise.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 1, 2010, 03:18 PM
I don't care much. The law says it has to be "concealed" -- not "not print"; not "remove any indication of presence".

floydster
February 1, 2010, 04:07 PM
NO !

AirForceShooter
February 1, 2010, 04:18 PM
I try to avoid it but if there's a flash of steel or a bulge as I bend over, I don't care.

AFS

jtheise4
February 1, 2010, 04:56 PM
I try to make every effort to keep my firearm completely concealed, but I don't fidget with it either. In Michigan, printing is not illegal, so I don't get overly concerned.

macadore
February 1, 2010, 06:30 PM
I've always been of the opinion that if anyone ever finds out that I'm carrying, it should be one hell of a surprise.

Well said. No one but my family ever knows I'm carrying. I'm not ashamed and do not mind discussing the issue, but I don't want negative attention from miscreants or misguided do-gooders.

Deanimator
February 1, 2010, 06:51 PM
Not really. Ohio is an open carry state, so "printing" has no legal meaning.

ArmedBear
February 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
There's one other thing I wanted to add...

I can't think of a time when I was more concerned about concealing a gun absolutely perfectly than I was about being able to get the thing out, NOW, in the unlikely event that I actually needed it.

I think carrying an auto with an empty chamber is silly. If you don't trust your gun and its design to be safe to carry loaded, DITCH IT and GET ANOTHER ONE. That's why there are certain guns I don't own and probably never will.

But isn't concealing a gun so well that you can't get the thing out without attracting attention to your actions, also silly?

The tactical advantage of surprise is lost if you can't get the gun out immediately, without any extra flailing, stripping, or other attention-getting actions.

That's another balance that needs to be struck, IMHO.

LeontheProfessional
February 1, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have been carrying for almost 3 years now and am starting to care less and less. When I first started I had just turned 21 and looked quite young. I didn't want people to think I was being illegal. My appearance has aged quite a bit over the last couple of years so it doesn't really bother me if they can tell. It is really impossible to avoid some printing around here in the summer time unless you want to be sweating everywhere you go.

bhinks
February 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
I'm from CT and the way I understand it, up here they'll hang you out to dry on disturbing the peace charges, so I'm pretty cautious.

michiganfan
February 1, 2010, 07:30 PM
No. I don't think most peole are very observant of anything.

wishin
February 1, 2010, 07:33 PM

Georgia law is similar in this regard, but our license permits CC of other firearms too. And, If the grip is completely exposed and visible through normal observation, it's considered open carry.

LeontheProfessional
February 1, 2010, 07:39 PM
Here in Va open carry is legal but printing or having your gun pop out from under your shirt is still CC. It need to be in some kind of exterior holster for OC.

wishin
February 1, 2010, 07:41 PM
There's one other thing I wanted to add...

I can't think of a time when I was more concerned about concealing a gun absolutely perfectly than I was about being able to get the thing out, NOW, in the unlikely event that I actually needed it.

I think carrying an auto with an empty chamber is silly. If you don't trust your gun and its design to be safe to carry loaded, DITCH IT and GET ANOTHER ONE. That's why there are certain guns I don't own and probably never will.

But isn't concealing a gun so well that you can't get the thing out without attracting attention to your actions, also silly?
The tactical advantage of surprise is lost if you can't get the gun out immediately, without any extra flailing, stripping, or other attention-getting actions.

That's another balance that needs to be struck, IMHO.

I completely agree.

The Sarge
February 1, 2010, 07:51 PM
We are more aware we are carrying than the public.....you can printing like heck and nobody notices...we just think they do.

DeepSouth
February 1, 2010, 08:17 PM
Nope. But I pocket carry 95% of the time.

Straight Shooter
February 1, 2010, 08:28 PM
No, as far as the law is concerned. As others have stated, it doesn't matter in PA.
Yes, as far as having an advantage is concerned. I want the element of surprise on my side.

We are more aware we are carrying than the public.....you can printing like heck and nobody notices...we just think they do.

Well said. I know I print, to me it's painfully obvious. However, no one has ever "made" me and my wife has commented several times that she can't tell when I'm carrying.

Gunsafe
February 1, 2010, 08:31 PM
When I first started carrying I was always worried someone would 'make me'. That worry has pretty much disappeared. Most of the time my close friends and family don't even have a clue. It dawned on me one day that if the people I'm around the most can't tell then I seriously doubt the guy at the gas station pump across from me will ever have any clue.

benEzra
February 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yes, it's important to me. Personal preference.

Good concealment isn't any slower to draw from than bad concealment, if done properly (IMO). Of course, ultra-deep concealment with no cover garment would be slower (ankle holster, Smart Carry, bellyband under a shirt). But if you're carrying IWB (whether strong-side or appendix), lack of printing is more about intelligent gun/holster/belt/garment choice than about accessibility tradeoffs.

Sam1911
February 1, 2010, 09:53 PM
Sure benEzra, but you always have to face certain trade offs.

For example: what is "intelligent gun choice?"

Many here will remind us that we are responsible for every single shot we take and so, ethically, we are bound to carry the gun we are most proficient with. But that's probably not an LCR or Kel-Tec. And it's probably not a sub-compact or even compact version of a service sidearm.

Most folks don't feel they can reasonably conceal a 5" 1911 or a 6" 686, but they may very well shoot one twice as accurately (and as fast) as they can their Glock 26 or J-frame.

So, I might counter, "Screw 'intelligent' gun choice, I'll take a great deal of 'printing' over compromised accuracy & speed!"

(I'm really not quite so confrontational, but the point is valid.)

Every carrying situation is a compromise. You have to choose which set of things (accuracy, speed, concealment, comfort, draw speed, power, etc.) you care most about, which you care least about, and which set of carry equipment balances those concerns best for you.

-Sam

[EDIT: It's like we say in the construction industry: You can have it fast. You can have it good. You can have it under budget. Pick two -- you can't have all three! :D]

slabuda
February 1, 2010, 10:10 PM
meh...if I show I show. like others said If I have to carry so deeply I cant get to it, whats the point?

janedoedad
February 1, 2010, 11:20 PM
Not concerned about printing. Georgia is an Open Carry state. That being said my choice of holster and attire will dictate open/concealed.

MinnMooney
February 1, 2010, 11:38 PM
In Minnesota, we have "Carry Permits", not "Concealed Carry Permits" so supposedly, it doesn't make any difference if we wear it concealed, open or partially concealed. That said, I never carry it open or even partially open as I really don't want to let any evil-doer know who to target first - or worse, try to take my weapon and use it against me.

My 2 cents worth.

Sir Aardvark
February 2, 2010, 12:17 AM
I live in Southern California, where concealed carry by ordinary citizens is extremely rare.

If someone saw my CCW gun on my hip they would in all probability think that I was an undercover cop.

Regardless, I make every effort to be as low-key as possible when I CCW.

BCC
February 2, 2010, 01:22 AM
All this talk about needing to print to have an accessible weapon is something with which I disagree.

I carry a Kahr pm9 on the belt, tucked tight against the body with a spare mag. Tough to print, easy to get to. But then, I'm 6'3' 220lbs, so maybe my mass help.

Magic_Man
February 2, 2010, 02:15 AM
You can OC in PA, but I carry concealed. I try to stay concealed at all times, but if I'm outside cleaning my car & my jacket & shirt come up to expose my sidearm (it happens) I just pull them down when I am done what I'm doing. I'm not breaking any laws.

MarkDozier
February 2, 2010, 02:23 AM
I try not to print. but if i can't i tuck in the shirt and open carry. i used to carry ih the front, but to many women wanted to play with my gun and my wife was getting jealous.

shenandoah
February 2, 2010, 02:23 AM
I wear dark clothes, black, navy blue and a suit coat, I carry a medium frame 6 shot revolver or a compact 1911 in a Don Hume JIT holster. It prints if you are looking for the bulge but the casual observer doesn't notice. Dark clothing acts as camouflage.

wishin
February 2, 2010, 09:56 AM
It's interesting to note that after almost a thousand viewings of this post, we've not had an architect, draftsman or printer by trade say something like "I print all the time....." Hmmmm. That's a whole new thread on what do CCers do for a living?:cool:

ironcode
February 2, 2010, 10:29 AM
Not anymore, I used to care about printing, then I didn't anymore, then I started carrying iwb and was worried about people seeing the grip, then I didn't care anymore. Basically its not my problem. People do things that make me uncomfortable all the time, so why should I care if somebody seeing the grip of my glock makes them uncomfortable.
Similar here. I cared for a couple of weeks when I started carrying, then I relaxed a bit. Don't get me wrong, I do try to choose suitable clothing, like a little looser t-shirt and such (I carry IWB), but I'm not worried if it's a little too tight and shows when walking or bending or sitting in the summer, when I don't have a jacket on. I have convinced myself that most people don't pay attention to such things, and even those who do can't be sure if it's a gun or not. There have been cases where I've been pretty obvious (such as bending down to pick up something with a few people behind me - I'm sure the grip poked through the t-shirt, if not even partially revealing itself; or another time at a friends' house when we were playing some card game on the floor and I had to lie down - I'm pretty sure my t-shirt rode up and revealed the gun just a couple of feet in front of their faces for a split second), and I haven't received absolutely any indication that anybody has noticed anything.

My advice if you're new to carrying is to make some reasonable effort not to be absolutely obvious, but then just not worry about it. Most people don't pay attention / don't care, and if somebody is considering you as prey, they will most probably not notice, too (unless you're really, really obvious).

P.S. I live in WA, where open carry is legal, so printing is not a problem from a legal standpoint for me. FYI, I carry a GLOCK 19 at 3:30, IWB/forward FBI tilt.

GunsAmerica Fan
February 2, 2010, 10:32 AM
I can't say that I am careful about it, but I don't like when I see people uncomfortable either because they saw it. I generally carry pocket pistols, and a 3 lb. Para P10 is not unusual for me. Lately I've carried the Beretta Px4 subcompact and it is pretty rounded, but it's still a pretty big lump. I should say that I don't let it influence my choice of firearm, but I don't hang it out there either.

jsnake
February 2, 2010, 12:35 PM
Like others have said, printing in VA is no big deal. However, the posts on compromise of attire are relevant. I generally wear an over-shirt year round. That is my personal choic. I have long since stopped noticing that I am carrying. BTW Glock 19 - Galco FLETCH holster.
Joe

Tinpig
February 2, 2010, 01:16 PM
Sure I care.

I carry in a state where lawful concealed-carry means concealed. If you're printing, or if the butt of your pistol is showing, then you're not concealed.

Printing here is an invitation to unwanted attention and a hassle or more from some police officers, to say nothing of hysteria and panic from the soccer moms... "He's got a gun!" :(

Tinpig

figment
February 2, 2010, 01:25 PM
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS
Q: What does "concealed" mean?
A: "Concealed means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its
presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a
criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view,
or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon.

NMGonzo
February 2, 2010, 02:00 PM
Well ... that is why I have different guns for different ocassions.

I care for not printing, I dress around the gun and all that, but sometimes I carry the smallest gun I have (the bersa) because I just want to wear a golf shirt and shorts.

Can I draw from the belly band fast enough? I will not know till I have to.

Is it slower than the OWB holsters? Yes

Do I practive drawing from it? Yes ... I got better.

Does the belly band help conceal? Absolutelly, I can carry everything from the Bersa to the Government model in it with the different holsters getting the printing to a minimun, even with a tucked shirt.

benEzra
February 2, 2010, 10:42 PM
Sure benEzra, but you always have to face certain trade offs.

For example: what is "intelligent gun choice?"

Many here will remind us that we are responsible for every single shot we take and so, ethically, we are bound to carry the gun we are most proficient with. But that's probably not an LCR or Kel-Tec. And it's probably not a sub-compact or even compact version of a service sidearm.

Most folks don't feel they can reasonably conceal a 5" 1911 or a 6" 686, but they may very well shoot one twice as accurately (and as fast) as they can their Glock 26 or J-frame.

So, I might counter, "Screw 'intelligent' gun choice, I'll take a great deal of 'printing' over compromised accuracy & speed!"
I think if you shoot a 5" 1911 very well, then you'd shoot a similarly outfitted Commander or Officer's model about as well. If you shoot a Glock 17 well, you'll probably shoot a 19 just as well under most circumstances. If you shoot a 6" 686 well, you'd probably be pretty good with a 4" K-frame with quality sights, too. And so on.

But even if you do choose the 5" 1911, you can still conceal it without being obvious if you're intelligent about it. You'd probably carry a single-stack 5" 1911 instead of an IPSC double-stack racegun with a flared magwell, ambi safety, hyper-extended mag release, and ultra-sticky rubber grips, for example, and you'd use a quality holster/belt combination that was as thin as possible and kept the gun from flopping around, NOT an Uncle Mike's "generic large pistol" padded nylon holster on a department store belt or an IPSC butt-out race holster. You'd pick a holster that put the gun's muzzle inside the waistband, rather than outside, you'd choose a quality cover garment rather than some paper-thin Walmart-bargain-rack garment, and so on.

Every carrying situation is a compromise. You have to choose which set of things (accuracy, speed, concealment, comfort, draw speed, power, etc.) you care most about, which you care least about, and which set of carry equipment balances those concerns best for you.
You are correct that there are tradeoffs, and not just for concealability reasons; if fast splits with A-zone hits were the sole criteria, everyone who didn't care too much about concealment would be carrying optically sighted raceguns with 2-pound triggers and 20+ round magazines in pin-and-clamp IPSC speed holsters. But given everyday-practical handguns (largely weight constrained) and a cover garment, I don't see draw speed and concealability as having an inverse relationship, assuming you are using a cover garment at all and not just full-on open carrying. Obviously, open carry could be a smidge faster (or not, if you factor in the IMO-mandatory retention holster for OC), but once you put the gun under a cover garment, draw speed and concealability seem to me to increase or decrease together depending on the quality of your carry gear; I don't see one going up as the other goes down, personally.

My own daily carry is a Smith & Wesson 3913LS 9mm, FWIW, which is not a particularly small gun. I'm 5'6", so that's probably about as big compared to me as a full-size 1911 might be on a 6'2" guy. I don't have any problem whatsoever concealing it well, either appendix in a Galco IWB or on the belt in a Blade-Tech IWB. I strongly prefer DA/SA over cocked-and-locked or striker-fired pistols, and so far I haven't found an everyday-practical DA/SA gun that I shoot better than this one. I think something bigger and heavier, like a Beretta 92, would actually be slower.

HexHead
February 2, 2010, 11:03 PM
I'm generally satisfied with "covered" more so than being too concerned about being "concealed". Life's easier that way. Most people are way too involved in their own life's little dramas to be checking me out that closely.

But there are places I go, I need to be concealed, and I can roll that way too.

janedoedad
February 3, 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm generally satisfied with "covered" . . .

I like that thought. . . But then again, would a flap holster count as covered? :rolleyes:

wishin
February 3, 2010, 10:51 AM
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS
Q: What does "concealed" mean?
A: "Concealed means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its
presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a
criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view,
or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon.

I've got to think that many CCers in Texas are non-compliant. Then again, what exactly does the bolded text (my emphasis) really mean?

DAVIDSDIVAD
February 3, 2010, 11:24 AM
Nope, this part of the law was stressed in my CHL class, and I stressed about it for the first month I carried.

I believe that the bold text means that if you can walk through a mall and no one notices you're good to go. It helps that most people don't pay attention to anything but flashing lights and shiny objects nowadays.

I'm pretty sure I've been "made" once or twice by old sherriffs while at HEB, but I dress nicely and I'm good looking so they didn't make a fuss.

macadore
February 3, 2010, 11:25 AM
I've got to think that many CCers in Texas are non-compliant.

Then you would be surprised. The only people I have noticed carrying are the police. But then, I don't look for people carrying because I don't care. I just assume many of them are. “Es freut mich.”

Then again, what exactly does the bolded text (my emphasis) really mean?

It means don't flaunt. Make a reasonable and prudent effort to conceal your firearm. I have not heard of anyone being prosecuted for failure to conceal, but I don't follow these things. Maybe some others who follow these things have.

wishin
February 3, 2010, 08:48 PM
“Es freut mich.”

Ich freure mich auch!:D

bababooey32
February 4, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm good looking so they didn't make a fuss.

Ha! Humble much? :rolleyes::neener::D

jakemccoy
February 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
What state? I would definitely not try to print. If I had a CCW permit here in California, I would carry a G27 in Smart Carry holster. Most people would consider this holster to be deep concealment.

All the bravado about not caring would stop if you lived here in California. It would be too much hassle to deal with the California cops on a regular basis, especially if you don't have to do so.

mljdeckard
February 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
Yes and no.

I am allowed to open carry anywhere I am allowed to carry concealed. There are no legal consequences for me printing. I often use a fanny pack which screams 'gun' to other gun people. But most of the people who pay attention to these things are other gun guys or cops, and I really don't care if they know.

But at the same time, if I'm carrying concealed, (which is most of the time,) I conceal for a reason. Under those circumstances, I have decided that it is better to keep it concealed. So I will try to keep the wind from opening my shirt or otherwise revealing the gun.

DAVIDSDIVAD
February 4, 2010, 05:39 PM
Ha! Humble much?

Heheh, I was wondering if anyone would see that

Erik M
February 4, 2010, 06:10 PM
My #1 priority is that I am not printing when I carry. Even though the Commonwealth permits open carry I do not want anyone to know that I am armed. My choice of IWB, OWB, Shoulder, and ITP carry all vary depending on the weather and how well that I can conceal the firearm I want to carry.

ArmedBear
February 4, 2010, 06:16 PM
don't flaunt. Make a reasonable and prudent effort to conceal your firearm.

That's what I do, anyway.

However, unlike some here, perhaps, concealed carry is not what I organize my entire life around. That means that, while I may sometimes incidentally dress to make concealment easier or more convenient, I don't have a closet full of CCW costumes. I live my life, and I carry a handgun.

shadowalker
February 4, 2010, 06:23 PM
If I carry concealed I make a reasonable effort to keep it concealed but am not that concerned about it. I've never had anyone indicate they've seen my firearm but in Idaho they probably wouldn't.

Open carry is legal here without a permit and I routinely exercise that right.

kd7nqb
February 4, 2010, 06:31 PM
I try to make sure that my CCW is pretty well hidden but if I occasionally print its ok with me. Also it really depends where I am, if I am at a buddies house watching football I have been known to ditch the cover garment all together and go open but he and his wife both dont care. Other than that if I am out in public I like to stay pretty concealed.

wishin
February 5, 2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with many here who say that the average citizen will not notice you're carrying concealed. Which confirms to me that you don't really need to worry about "printing", unless it's expressly stated in your state law.

If you enjoyed reading about "Do You Care If You're Printing While Under Normal CC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!