New FNX pistols

PDA

Full Metal Jacket
February 2, 2010, 08:29 AM
http://www.policemag.com/_Images/news/POL-FNX-9-web-2.jpg

The new FNX 9 and FNX 40 pistols offer new ergonomic polymer frames with a low-bore axis for flat shooting and less recoil for improved control. Checkered grip panels should reduce slippage during shooting. Also included are four interchangeable backstrap inserts to customize fit and feel. The pistols allow fully ambidextrous operating controls.

The profiled stainless steel slide has cocking serrations in the front and rear, and a 4-inch hammer-forged stainless barrel delivers long life and pinpoint accuracy. The guns arrive with a decocker and manual safety.

If you enjoyed reading about "New FNX pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blakenzy
February 2, 2010, 08:38 AM
with a low-bore axis for

Funny, the bore axis doesn't look like it sits particularly low to me.

Full Metal Jacket
February 2, 2010, 08:58 AM
how the FNX is different than the FNP:

-lower bore axis

-4 interchangeable backstraps as apposed to 2

-a safety decocker, rather than just a decocker

-grippier texture

-front cocking serrations

FNP40:
http://www.discountgunsales.com/images/P/fnhfnpSS.jpg

Quiet
February 2, 2010, 10:06 AM
FN took the improvements they incorporated on the FNP-45 and added them to the FNP-9 & FNP-40 to make the FNX-9 & FNX-40.

FN has also moved the FNP-9 & FNP-40 to Browning and Browning now sells the FNP-9 & FNP-40 as the Pro-9 & Pro-40.

rellascout
February 2, 2010, 10:18 AM
Browning has always sold the Pro 9 and Pro 40.

Like most Browning products they are overpriced.

Zundfolge
February 2, 2010, 10:56 AM
The bore axis still doesn't look any lower than the FNP.

In fact the bore axis of the FNX actually looks slightly HIGHER. :scrutiny:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=114719&stc=1&d=1265126117

I do like the look of the safety lever and mag release though, those look like improvements ... too bad about the forward cocking serrations though.

Full Metal Jacket
February 2, 2010, 11:54 AM
^^^your bottom line is incorrect.

look at the grip tang-it's higher on the fnx, which allows the gun to sit a little lower in your hand closer to the bore axis.

rellascout
February 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
So... It will translate to very little difference in the hand.

What is the street price for this gun? The FNP was a great value when it was a $400 gun. Now at $500 not so much.

Strahley
February 2, 2010, 12:33 PM
-lower bore axis
doesn't look much lower, and doesn't look like it matches a Glock

-4 interchangeable backstraps as apposed to 2
meh, not important to me

-a safety decocker, rather than just a decocker
i'd rather decocker only with no manual safety

-grippier texture
could be useful, would have to feel to know what i felt

-front cocking serrations
not needed

I think I would stick with the cheaper FN-P

Snowdog
February 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
Impressive way to prove your point, Zundfolge. I can certainly see what you're talking about.

Zundfolge
February 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
^^^your bottom line is incorrect.

look at the grip tang-it's higher on the fnx, which allows the gun to sit a little lower in your hand closer to the bore axis.

Actually if you look at the picture of the FNP its taken from a slightly lower angle (you can see the underside of the magazine and trigger guard for example) So the blue line is pretty much right in line with the bottom of the grip tang.

It looks to me like the bore axis of the FNX and the FNP are likely the same.

When reading FN's press release (http://www.fnhusa.com/le/press/detail.asp?id=74), they just said it has a "low bore axis" not a "lower bore axis" So I don't think they were comparing the bore axis between the X and the P.

Still looks like the FNX is a nice set of improvements over the FNP (with the exception of the forward cocking serrations ... which are just fashionable and really only useful if you mount optics ... and I don't like them in general).

EAJ
February 2, 2010, 01:13 PM
Browning has always sold the Pro 9 and Pro 40. Like most Browning products they are overpriced.

They were discontinued a few years ago. I believe I paid $500 for this one back in 05. :)

http://fishkind.com/collection/images/brownpro9_01.jpg

eldon519
February 2, 2010, 02:04 PM
Zundfolge, the more important detail you're missing is that those pictures aren't the same size. Look where the bottom of the grips come to. Without editing it, just line it up with the bottom of your browser window, and you'll see what I mean. The bottom of the magazine bumper pad on the FNP is flush with the bottom of the grip on the FNX.

AcceptableUserName
February 2, 2010, 02:34 PM
gotta hate them forward serrations.

ichiban
February 2, 2010, 03:01 PM
It also looks like it has an ambi slide release. For my money all forward cocking serrations do is eat up your holster.

Snowdog
February 2, 2010, 03:18 PM
Zundfolge, the more important detail you're missing is that those pictures aren't the same size. Look where the bottom of the grips come to. Without editing it, just line it up with the bottom of your browser window, and you'll see what I mean. The bottom of the magazine bumper pad on the FNP is flush with the bottom of the grip on the FNX.

Using a common feature such as the trigger or hammer seems to indicated both models are to scale. The FNX may simply have a longer grip (which has little or nothing to do with comparing the bore axis). I must agree that both models have the same bore axis.

eldon519
February 2, 2010, 07:59 PM
Using a common feature such as the trigger or hammer seems to indicated both models are to scale. The FNX may simply have a longer grip (which has little or nothing to do with comparing the bore axis). I must agree that both models have the same bore axis.

Bottom of the trigger and bottom of the trigger-guard are also off. The picture on the right is just bigger. There aren't really any other common points of comparison.

Full Metal Jacket
February 2, 2010, 08:15 PM
^^^100% correct, eldon.

also, i you'll notice, the space between the bottom of the grip tang & the bottom of the slide is much shorter on the FNX=lower bore axis.

Runningman
February 2, 2010, 08:43 PM
I just about bought a FNP last Summer. Liked the features and feel of it. Than started reading about all the FNP broken trigger group problems people were having with the 9mm. I wonder if they did some redesigning of the trigger group on the new and improved FNX?

FCastle88
February 2, 2010, 09:19 PM
I just about bought a FNP last Summer. Liked the features and feel of it. Than started reading about all the FNP broken trigger group problems people were having with the 9mm. I wonder if they did some redesigning of the trigger group on the new and improved FNX?
I'm waiting for my FNP-9 to arrive from CDNN, this is the first I've heard of trigger group problems, I don't think I've ever read a bad review of the FNP's, can you post some more info on this? Also, according to FN USA, the FNX now comes with 2 backstraps, not the 4 they originally announced, I might buy one of them as well after they've been out for a little while.

jigglyjames29
February 2, 2010, 09:22 PM
I shrunk the FNX till the hammers were the same size and the bore axis was the same.

Runningman
February 2, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm waiting for my FNP-9 to arrive from CDNN, this is the first I've heard of trigger group problems, I don't think I've ever read a bad review of the FNP's, can you post some more info on this? Here is a few I had saved. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=53&t=83108

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=17631

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=17456&sid=364b7291aab8f7749f35f7c8e9d84901

Zundfolge
February 2, 2010, 09:57 PM
When I made the image, I placed the FNX over the FNP and set it partially transparent ... then I scaled the FNX to where the two round bits above the trigger area and the extractor were the same size. Then I aligned them so that the centerline of the bores were lined up.

I still contend that the FNX and the FNP are likely the same bore axis.

Country_boy_88
February 2, 2010, 10:06 PM
Okay there are some common misconceptions ive read in this thread.

What the FNX is is the fnp9 and 40 with a 45 style grip and features
There were complaints about the safety/decocker bending on the fnp and the one you see there remedies that.

The gun can be purchased with a de-cocker only or de-cocker and manual safety. Push down and you decock. Push up and your on safety

The slide is identical except the fnx has been redesigned a little lowering weight and felt recoil.

The grip feels great in my hand and more square like a 1911 which I love personally.

Trigger remains the same with maybe some tweaks here or there.
If you are having problems with your trigger we have one of the best customer service departments and will get your gun fixed in no time :)

+2 more round in the magazine

Gun comes with case and 3 magazines.

Every piece of this gun is either made in house or purchased from a vendor in the USA. How many other manufacturers can say that?

and FYI guys guess who owns browning?;)

Any other questions or concerns feel free to post them

REAPER4206969
February 2, 2010, 10:29 PM
Is it cocked and locked capable?

Country_boy_88
February 2, 2010, 10:57 PM
with the USG version yes you can carry cocked and locked. (manual safety=USG)

REAPER4206969
February 2, 2010, 11:01 PM
So it's the poor mans USP?

Country_boy_88
February 2, 2010, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6NINgjJQA

for a shot show video of the gun

cohank
February 2, 2010, 11:35 PM
@Country boy 88

So you CAN confirm that the FNX line can be had WITHOUT a manual safety? I only ask because I only see one part number listed on FN's website and it appears to be for the gun with the manual safety.

The only thing that kept me from picking up an fnp was the weak and snag prone decoking lever, and I don't want a gun with a manual safety.

Full Metal Jacket
February 2, 2010, 11:40 PM
When I made the image, I placed the FNX over the FNP and set it partially transparent ... then I scaled the FNX to where the two round bits above the trigger area and the extractor were the same size. Then I aligned them so that the centerline of the bores were lined up.

I still contend that the FNX and the FNP are likely the same bore axis.

wrong.

watch the FN rep in this video from the 2010 SHOT show--he confirms it is indeed a lower bore axis on the FNX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6NINgjJQA

Country_boy_88
February 2, 2010, 11:47 PM
@cohawk.

Im sorry I may have been mistaken on that one. I believe the FNX will be decock/manual safety only while the FNP will remain the same.

Out of curiosity why is it you not want the manual safety?
I only ask because If you don't want it on then do not flip up on the lever. Worried that might happen when un-holstering and go to fire and the switch accidently got bumped?

cohank
February 2, 2010, 11:59 PM
I just don't see the point of a manual safety in a da/sa gun, and prefer simplicity of operation over extra controls that will go unused given that they aren't present on most other modern sa/da guns. I want to know that if a round is chambered, and I pull the trigger, that it will fire, and not have to deal with the possibility of a manual safety being inadvertently activated.

Given the similarities between the fnx and fnp, I wonder if that is something that FN would be able to modify if I were to send it in. We'll see.

Full Metal Jacket
February 3, 2010, 12:05 AM
^^^a manual safety gives you the option of cocked and locked carry. that's what got my attention with the FNX, i like that mode of carry.

Country_boy_88
February 3, 2010, 12:22 AM
@cohank no FN will not modify your gun if you send it in. Your concerns though are valid and by all means get the gun you are comfortable with. IF it were me I would have both still available.

cohank
February 3, 2010, 12:46 AM
thanks for the info anyway, i appreciate it. i'll likely still pick one up. it's just too good to pass up, regardless of the presence of a manual safety.

FCastle88
February 3, 2010, 07:42 AM
Here is a few I had saved. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=53&t=83108

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=17631

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=17456&sid=364b7291aab8f7749f35f7c8e9d84901
Guess I'll have to check mine when it comes and send it to FN if necessary, I have a feeling the ones CDNN has have been sitting around for awhile.

Wanta B
February 4, 2010, 11:04 PM
Looks GREAT to me!:D

I have two of the FNP-45 USGs...Had a regular FNP-45. Much prefer the Decock Only of the standard version.

I have front serations added to virtually all my autos if not like that from factory.:)

Like the ability to configure the handgun to how it fitsme best,ie interchagable backstraps.:)

Ambi. controls are the only way to go!:)

Have yet to handle one and will be sometime before I can. When I get back home tho'...Just might give my SIGs a run for their money.:scrutiny:

Are they going to be availible in FDE?

jigglyjames29
February 4, 2010, 11:49 PM
Anyone know how bit the FNP9 grip is compared to the G19? And trigger reach?

And maybe slide and frame width comparisons?

Rittmeister
February 5, 2010, 12:26 AM
I LOVE the idea of the "multi-function" safety/decocker lever. I've always felt the FNP would be perfect with a similar setup (like the Browning PRO-9/40 was available with before it was discontinued).

I'll give the FNX a few months in the sales arena, and check out a few reviews, but if it's at least as good as the FNP series and doesn't have any issues I'll be getting one.

FCastle88
February 7, 2010, 02:03 AM
I got my FNP-9 on thursday, and surprisingly it was made in october 2009, I checked and it has the newest trigger group. I haven't gotten to fire it yet, but so far it seems like a nice gun for $485 with transfer.

CPshooter
February 7, 2010, 02:36 PM
So it's the poor mans USP?LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

With that being said, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I might have to pick one up some day and give it a try.

You guys going through all this trouble to compare the fnp and fnx are wasting your time and cracking me up! They are practically the same pistol. It's like comparing a USP to a P2000. Same pistol on the inside, just new ergonomic characteristics. The bore axis height is the exact same. Quit wasting your time.

Bill S
February 8, 2010, 11:11 AM
I have had an FNAR for over a year and think it is a great rifle, have been considering a FNX 40 as a carry gun. Problem is I'm left handed and finding a good IWB holster seems dificult right now, I have contacted Kramer and Galco but neither make holsters for the FNX.

Thoughts?

FCastle88
February 8, 2010, 05:26 PM
I have had an FNAR for over a year and think it is a great rifle, have been considering a FNX 40 as a carry gun. Problem is I'm left handed and finding a good IWB holster seems dificult right now, I have contacted Kramer and Galco but neither make holsters for the FNX.

Thoughts?
The FNX isn't available till march so there aren't any holsters currently available, but I'm sure blade-tech will make some, they make the FN shooters pack for the FNP's as well as several other holsters for the FNP. Most holsters made for the 4" XD40 will fit the FNP's as well, the problem with the FNX is we'll have to wait and see whether or not the new decocker design will prevent it from fitting in the FNP and XD holsters.

Country_boy_88
February 8, 2010, 11:24 PM
The small change in the grip should have little to no effect on holster choice. if it fits the fnp it should fit the FNX fwiw

beltjones
February 8, 2010, 11:50 PM
If the bore axis is lower isn't the slide a bit different? Or did you lower the bore by simply raising the beaver tail on the frame?

Bill S
February 9, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info on the holster, I now understand the confusion. We have a large gun store near where I live and the salesman showed me the FNP 45 and said they had the same gun in both 9mm and 40 cal. I assumed he meant the FNX, because of the safety/decocker but he must have been referring to the FNP's

alzo
February 11, 2010, 01:17 PM
This pistol looks very interesting. The trigger pull may be great out of the box (I don't know....I've never tried one), but if it isn't, does the FN shop do any kind of custom work like a trigger job ? Or do they strictly handle repair/warranty work ?

FIVETWOSEVEN
February 11, 2010, 09:23 PM
nvm.

ckone
February 11, 2010, 10:57 PM
So the inovative pistol that was supposed to be so awesome when stacked up against what's out there, the FNP9 & FNP40, have now been changed ever so slightly and now they're really more inovative....

Decent choice for the guy looking for a modern da/sa pistol but just really hasn't figured out that he should just get a Glock IMO... YMMV.

beltjones
February 12, 2010, 10:55 AM
I don't mean to knock the FNX. Everyone I know who has shot the FNP has loved the hell out of it. Also, everyone I know who has an FNP 9 or 40 wishes it had the same grip and controls of the FNP45. So I think this FNX is a big step in the right direction.

However, I think FN Herstal is being a little strange with the claims of major redesign elements like lower bore axix, etc, when clearly it's basically just the same great gun with an upgraded grip.

I'll buy one eventually, though I'm not sure which and I'm not sure how soon. I'd really like a defensive pistol in .40, and this is the best combination of value and features that I've seen.

TexasBill
February 12, 2010, 01:26 PM
...Decent choice for the guy looking for a modern da/sa pistol but just really hasn't figured out that he should just get a Glock IMO... YMMV.

Why would he get a Glock? He's looking for a real gun. :neener:

Whatever the guy at the SHOT show said, the FNH description for the FNX pistols read, "The ergonomic polymer frame has a low bore axis for less felt recoil and improved control." It doesn't say "lower."

The FNP-9 is just about perfect the way it it is.

Country_boy_88
February 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
@Beltjones

Thats marketing for you ha ha.

When you hold one of these you can def feel the weight reduction compared to the fnp 9 thanks to the machine work we have done on the slide. Soon enough ill have one of these bad boys and ill be sure to do a write up for everyone :D

eldon519
February 13, 2010, 11:40 AM
This pistol looks very interesting. The trigger pull may be great out of the box (I don't know....I've never tried one), but if it isn't, does the FN shop do any kind of custom work like a trigger job ? Or do they strictly handle repair/warranty work ?

On the two specimens I have handled (both FNP9s), I would not describe the trigger as great. To me, it is more of a DA/LDA as in the single action never really has a break that I can detect, it just mushes along until it goes off like some kind of really light double action. It is very light though. It's why I ultimately did not get one as I like it on most other fronts.

Maybe the FNX will be different? FN is probably may favorite gun company; I love that they come with 3 mags when companies like SIG are trying to go to 1.

FCastle88
February 13, 2010, 01:56 PM
On the two specimens I have handled (both FNP9s), I would not describe the trigger as great. To me, it is more of a DA/LDA as in the single action never really has a break that I can detect, it just mushes along until it goes off like some kind of really light double action. It is very light though. It's why I ultimately did not get one as I like it on most other fronts.

Maybe the FNX will be different? FN is probably may favorite gun company; I love that they come with 3 mags when companies like SIG are trying to go to 1.
The SA trigger on mine is very light and smooth but the pull stiffens slightly right before it breaks, I like it that way. The DA pull on the other hand is pretty heavy and it gets really stiff right before it breaks. From what I've read when the FNP first came out the DA pull was 8-10 lbs, now it's 12 lbs. The trigger does feel like it flexes very slightly during the DA pull but that could just be the heavy trigger pull and not the trigger itself. My main complaint about the trigger is that it's not curved enough, the heavy DA trigger pull and smooth plastic make my finger slide down to the bottom of the trigger near the end of the pull, and my finger scrapes on the trigger guard a little bit when resetting the trigger.

Full Metal Jacket
February 13, 2010, 03:03 PM

the new sig e2's come with 3 mags. not sure if they do that for all other models now too or not. at $900, the e2's certainly should come with 3 lol

gbw
February 25, 2010, 10:50 AM
If any one mentioned this I missed it.

Along with the other changes they've reduced the spec. weight from 24.8 oz. (FNP-9) to 21.6 oz. (FNX-9), about a 13% reduction.

That seems significant, they must have done something substantial to get that much difference since they are both polymer / lightweight guns to begin with.

I'm very interested to see one in person.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
February 25, 2010, 11:04 AM
I didn't like the texture of the old one---the new one looks worse in that reguard.

Darkstar7
March 18, 2010, 05:40 PM
The grip on the regular FNP-9 is the same as the FNP-40. I have smaller hands and I've found that the FNP-40 tends to want to move around more than I like with the smoother side grip panels. The addition of the checkering on the FNX, ala the FNP-45, will be a welcome addition. I have an FNP-45 USG also and it's rock solid in my hand. I echo the same sentiment about the trigger and trigger guard - my finger also tends to ride too low on the trigger because of the lack of curvature. Sometimes my finger will get pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the guard after I fire a shot. I've learned to reposition my finger just a bit so as to let it ride on the trigger and the guard without it getting pinched.

ainokea
April 2, 2010, 06:30 AM
Just got the new FNX here are some pictures compared to my FNP. Sorry for the bad quality. Hopefully I can get a video up soon.

http://i42.tinypic.com/eun02o.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/fxcigz.jpg

Here are just the frames side by side.

http://i42.tinypic.com/dpk26w.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hdtsfq.jpg

This is the internals FNX is on the left FNP on the right.

http://i42.tinypic.com/29ys5fl.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/20a7xoy.jpg

texagun
April 2, 2010, 08:32 AM
Sure wish they had a non-rail version.

axeman_g
April 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
Nice comparison shots.

Ambi controls are larger, more substantial and would appear to be more positive feeling.
Slide release moved rearward where it is easier to reach for all users.
Mag release larger and reshaped.
Frame appears to be thinner... less bulk throughout sidewalls.
Axis can been as lower in FNX.
Slide is more square in FNX.. sights are slanted Bartso type... snag free.
Grip has more positve texture... hate or love it.
And this is just a guess.. but I bet the trigger pull length is shorter in the FNX... trigger seems to be set back a little more and redesigned.

My USG45 is a fantastic combat handgun. And yes... it is a poor mans USP... or is a USP a penny foolish man's USG. What is a USP in DE and Black going for nowawadys... $900? Thats about 1000 rounds of .45 I can buy with the savings.

3leggeddog
April 2, 2010, 09:32 AM
To me the new Safety lever is much improved,less flimsy and doesnt seem to stick out as much. The old style safety looks like it could SNAG up going back in your holster. As thin as it is, I wonder how much it would take to bend it or break it off ? I would never buy one with the OLD style safety.
Thats just my opinion, others may love it!

NG VI
April 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
The FNP-9 is just about perfect the way it it is.

That's what I think as well. I like the new style safety-decocker they went with a ton, but I disapprove of the new rail and the forward serrations. I really liked the original sights as well, I hope the picture is no different. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to get one of each, swap the slides, and live with the rail.

Stringfellow
April 2, 2010, 02:09 PM
Its funny--a bunch of subtle changes add up to such a difference in aesthetics (for the better).

Thanks for sharing.

kenno
April 2, 2010, 02:09 PM
I'll stick with my Gluk!

atomd
April 2, 2010, 06:02 PM
So they won't accept the older FNP magazines? I think overall it looks pretty good. I've actually always kind of liked their pistols even though they aren't very popular. The mag prices have always been a bit high at around $40 a pop but at least they give you 3 to start out with. I'm surprised the FNP wasn't more popular since it always seemed pretty good to me. My only complaint is that finding holsters and accessories would take a bit more work and the selection of them wouldn't be so great. I'll have to see if I can find one of these to check out.

Full Metal Jacket
April 2, 2010, 06:04 PM
good post ainokea! thanks for the comparison pics. looks like a winner! :)

07pats
April 3, 2010, 07:51 AM
FNH Pistols are like the "Lost World" those that know nothing about them haven't shot one, haven't owned one, don't know what their missing cause they haven't found them, but still will open their pie holes and spout trash (gotta love the Internet)

Those that have found the "Lost World" know they have Nirvana in their FNH pistols.

I laugh at the Glock owners that think they have the answer to the world of poly pistols. I want to keep the FNH as a secret as the more pie holers that find out about them the more the chance the price will go up. BTW, I own a number of Glocks and I can tell you the FNH pistols are NO GLOCKS and I mean that in a GOOD way, head and shoulders above Glocks (in my internet opinion) :what:...

Like Lloyd Benson said in the Vice Presidential debate against Dan Quayle:

"I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine - Senator you are no Jack Kennedy"

"I know FNH pistols, I own FNH pistols - Glock owners, Glock pistols are not FNH's"

Buy what you want - who really cares anyway - "The Internet, pooey"

NG VI
April 3, 2010, 08:28 AM
AtomD I don't see why they wouldn't use the same magazines, FN didn't change that much on these.

atomd
April 3, 2010, 12:12 PM
AtomD I don't see why they wouldn't use the same magazines, FN didn't change that much on these.

Reports say the mag release has been changed and now the only mags that work are the FNX model magazines. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's what some people are saying over on the FN forum site.

jim243
April 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
YES cocked and locked capable, DA/SA both FNX & FNP USG. And as far as Browning, you better thank your lucky stars that there was someone like John Browning or you would all be standing around only shooting 6 round revolvers or speaking German and shooting Walthers.

Jim

ainokea
April 9, 2010, 04:45 AM
Here is my video review of the FNX. It's broken up into 3 parts. Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the videos.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdG2eYr_F5A

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8NIeqQqVGQ

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Vuab3CvSE

07pats
April 9, 2010, 06:48 AM
Interseting video's and well done, thank you. I just bought an FNP FN40 and an FNP FN9 (about two weeks ago) both in dark earth, and the slide is square with front slide serations and the slide stop is ambi, must have changed that in the late issues... not sure how many others are out there like that as well. I sold the 9mm kept the 40 -;)

camper
April 9, 2010, 08:40 AM
I handled one at my LGS yesterday. Felt good, but it had no NS and the price was $600.00. I'll wait till it comes out with NS.

texagun
April 9, 2010, 10:41 AM
Here is my video review of the FNX. It's broken up into 3 parts. Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the videos.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdG2eYr_F5A

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8NIeqQqVGQ

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Vuab3CvSE

That was an outstanding review and comparison of the 2 guns. Thanks for posting it. Very informative.

REAPER4206969
April 9, 2010, 11:17 AM
21.6 oz. (FNX-9)

YES cocked and locked capable,

Interesting...

Full Metal Jacket
April 9, 2010, 04:21 PM
:eek:

you got reaper's wheels turning!

:)

ainokea
April 9, 2010, 08:45 PM
Interseting video's and well done, thank you. I just bought an FNP FN40 and an FNP FN9 (about two weeks ago) both in dark earth, and the slide is square with front slide serations and the slide stop is ambi, must have changed that in the late issues... not sure how many others are out there like that as well. I sold the 9mm kept the 40 -;)

You most likely have the FNP USG models. The one in the video is an early FNP.

ainokea
April 12, 2010, 07:25 PM
From the messages i'm getting from the videos, looks like the magazine and backstrap issue might just be my pistol. Someone checked their gunshop and handled a duo tone and black slide. Both had tight magazine lockup and tight backstraps.

eschang1
April 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
I handled two different FNX pistols today. One had a problem retaining the magazine unless it was inserted at a certain angle. The other was fine. Not sure if this is a design or a QC issue. I want to buy one, but am reluctant to buy even one that works fine for fear that it will eventually start dropping the magazine at the wrong time.

Steelshooter101
September 16, 2010, 05:07 PM
I purchased an Fnx 9 3 months ago I have small hands so the grip panels are fine with me. Off the bench shooting for sight in the sights are right on the money at 25 yards. Was suprized to find the groups tighter than with my XDm.
The trigger came in at 4.5 pounds. The trigger group is differnt than the FNH. The weight loaded is 2 onces heaver than my XD sub compact. I don't seem to get on the steel plates as quick as the XDm but all in all I am extremly pleased with it.

Manos Lijeros
January 13, 2011, 04:23 PM
I just looked at an FNX-9 at a local store, and the magazine was secured in the frame regardless of how it was inserted (pushing forward was not required to lock it in...).

The backstrap moves VERY little, maybe 1/32" imho. This did not bother me, and I would suggest securing it if it bothers you--feel free to use a chemical that can be removed later with no residue.

The gun is LIGHT, and does not feel top-heavy to me (the glock 22 feels top-heavy to me). The ease of removing the slide is very nice (Sig-like), and I prefer the safety/decocker combo (YMMV).

My current gun is the Sig P239 in .40 S&W, and the FNX-9 is much lighter. The FNX appears to be about 1/2" longer and taller than the P239, but I don't see the size of the gun preventing CC (YMMV). Update: The Sig P239 is 5.1 in tall and 1.2 in wide. The FNX-9 is 5.45" high and 1.55" wide (respective web-sites).

All in all, the magazine issue that I was concerned about did not exist on the two guns I looked at today. I sense FN has fixed that issue-whatever it was...

I like :)

ElrodCod
January 13, 2011, 04:35 PM
YES cocked and locked capable

In theory.....in practice mine decocked everytime I swiped the safety off.

If you enjoyed reading about "New FNX pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!