CZ's Suck . . . .

PDA

schmeky
February 2, 2010, 01:44 PM
. . . . . the money right out of my wallet. Started out with one, then added another, then another, got up to 6, thought, OK, that's enough.

Just ordered a CZ .40 Tactical Sport . . . . . :p

Yea, CZ's suck.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ's Suck . . . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Starcheck55
February 2, 2010, 01:48 PM
well played

Hk Dan
February 2, 2010, 01:48 PM
LOLOLOL--Oh, man, I came into this thread loaded for bear. CZs are a fine gun, and I'm glad you're enjoying 'em!

Dan

sprocket3
February 2, 2010, 02:02 PM
Well mine only get 3 stars.

I got a TS about a month ago from Santa. For that kind of money I didn't expect to find a bent plastic spring guide and get close to 5 FTF so far in less than 200 rounds. I hope the two are connected and a new spring guide cures it.

Great trigger though. Accidental double taps are a bit of a surprise!

Orion8472
February 2, 2010, 02:22 PM
ha ha, . . . made me look! :neener:

jem375
February 2, 2010, 02:36 PM
right on... I carried a G26 for about a year and traded it off for a CZ PO1, much better handgun for me...

NMGonzo
February 2, 2010, 04:59 PM
I can't wait to find one in my "I don't need this gun but I want it" budget.

kentucky_smith
February 2, 2010, 05:23 PM
Picked up P07 today. :D

Micro
February 2, 2010, 06:06 PM
I have two CZs - a CZ83 and a CZ75 Compact. They are outstanding guns. Both exceptionally well made, and super accurate.

I think a CZ 97 BD is next on my list.

The Lone Haranguer
February 2, 2010, 06:22 PM
I am very pleased with my PCR.

Pilot
February 2, 2010, 06:25 PM
If I had to pick one gun manufacturer to solve all my firearms needs, it would be CZ.

Runningman
February 2, 2010, 06:31 PM
Ha Ha Ha, 6 CZs ......Hey your ahead of me. :) I do know what you are talking about with CZs. Somehow they tend to multiply.

Bought a SP-01 Tactical was really impressed with the accuracy I was getting. For some reason I pick up a CZ Tactical Sport in 9mm. It shoots excellent, and the trigger was love at 1st pull.

All of a sudden I had a P-07.

Next thing I know, Last week I found myself pricing a CZ 85 Combat. Dealer told me his distributor had a CZ 85 Combat in duel tone in stock. Should be in this week. So much for my extra overtime money. So yes... CZs do suck. :D

M&PVolk
February 2, 2010, 06:39 PM
Do they suck worse than 1911's? I continue to wrestle with the issue of whether or not to get a CZ 75 or 1911...and no, I can't afford both :p

Isher
February 2, 2010, 07:19 PM
Schmeky -

LMAO!

But I have the solution.........

Got a business plan going for a Nationwide

Chain of CZ addict rehab franchises,

So I can continue to add to my personal stable.

isher

The Lone Haranguer
February 2, 2010, 07:27 PM
I had a .22 bolt action rifle that would shoot the whisker off a gnat.

Aka Zero
February 2, 2010, 07:32 PM
Cz's do indeed suck in that aspect. (money away from other things)

Only have two. A CZ75B-SA, and a 82.

But I keep looking at the rifles with a glancing eye.... Thinking what others guns could be traded.....

SalchaketJoe
February 2, 2010, 07:35 PM
CZ lovers, I want to join the club! How heavy is the Compact (not the alloy framed ones, the Compact) and what is the trigger like on the same gun, both the single and the double?

I picked up at PCR? 9mm, man my hand just melts around that grip. Was light too. But I am not a fan of the decocker and am interested in that cocked and locked option that the original compact offers.

tekarra
February 2, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yup, cZs tend to do that. I have first hand knowledge; again and again and again.......

SalchaketJoe,
I don't have the specs with me, but I have a pair of Compacts that I shoot better than my 75Bs. The shorter grip seems to snug into my hand for a tighter hold. The triggers on both were fine out of the box and smoothed up after some shooting. I would like an alloy Compact for carry as the steel frame gets a tad heavy after awhile. cZ did make some Compacts with an alloy frame and, unfortunately, I passed on one two years ago.

hso
February 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
I think that between a buddy of mine, my wife and I (and our daughter), we have around 20 CZs. There's a preB, an AB, several Bs, clones, etc.

MedWheeler
February 2, 2010, 09:07 PM
I was so ready to come on and say "troll"..

schmeky
February 2, 2010, 09:43 PM
Kentucky Smith,

Congratulations you no good, you know what . . . I'm jealous. Would love to have a P-07. Please, give us a range report if you want.

Isher,

Spectacular idea. I like, I like a lot :o

I was at a 750 yard rifle range last year and they have .22 rifle shoots most weekends. Range master told me about a fellow that showed up one day with a CZ .22 rifle, I think he said it was a 452 (not sure). Anyway, he cleaned eveybodys clock. After the match, he let some folks shoot his rifle. Range master said within 6 months nearly everyone had that same .22 rifle. I saw one the day I was there and it was gorgeous, had a deep, rich blue, and beautiful wood.

Uh, oh, not another CZ . . .:scrutiny:

M&PVolk,

I have shot 1911's for 30 years and love them. Have several, including a tack driving Les Baer. I rarely shoot my 1911's nowdays. I made the mistake of buying a CZ-97B .45. After some modifications, (competition hammer, sights, accurizing, etc.) it shot as good as, and on many days, better than my best and most favorite 1911's. The 97 is large, but the grip feels like it was poured into my hand. Love this thing. The accuracy is just incredible when I do my part.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2856/norincoslide053.jpg

CZF
February 2, 2010, 10:07 PM
You guys really need one of these little cousins to round out your collection.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/MDE3.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/GUNS2/MDE/DT380-4.jpg

PhiloebeddoUSA
February 2, 2010, 10:20 PM
lol...

Salchaketjoe... The compact is a bit porky and heavy, but it might be the right sidearm for you.

If you want hi cap (14), in a smaller package with CZ quality, it's for you.
This is not a pocketgun. I carry the 75 compact model IWB with a sweatshirt or longer tee covering the waistband.

I love this model. Some people don't. Just have realistic expectations should you consider this model. Obviously the quality is there.

Philoe

Jed Carter
February 3, 2010, 04:59 AM
CZs are nice but I already have the perfect CZ pistol the CZ 75D PCR, just no need to buy another.

bikerdoc
February 3, 2010, 08:45 AM
Smecky,

You got blood pressure up for a minute!

Ya, another dedicated CZ fan here.

PT1911
February 3, 2010, 08:53 AM
yeah... I picked up the p 07 a couple weeks ago.... and a 527 varmint last year.... the first of many CZs I am afraid.

Pyzon
February 3, 2010, 11:56 AM
I was ready for a rasslin' match also, but have to chime in.

My 3 CZ's sucked less cash from my wallet initially, compared with the competition.

BUT, they sure do suck the ammo from my stash, frequently I might add.

Orion8472
February 3, 2010, 01:26 PM
I have a CZ SP-01 with the wood grips, competition hammer, tuned SA trigger, . . . and paid around $650 for it, about a couple of years ago [at the most]. This setup would be much more than that today. The sucking sound would be much more prevailant. Glad I got it when I did. ;)

Wishoot
February 3, 2010, 08:08 PM
Wow! Not much get's me fired up, but when I saw the name of this thread I was ready to explode!

;)

Hobbesbuff
February 4, 2010, 12:25 AM
...and it remains my favorite! Can't beat the ergs, the quality, the accuracy and its damned sexy looking too!

(Something those poor Glock guys can never live down, good guns those Glocks, but I always think "squashed toad" when I see one!:D)

Smriti
February 4, 2010, 12:28 AM
yep well done I rely on atlanta cutlery for all guns, gun parts and gunsmithing

JDGray
February 4, 2010, 05:07 AM
Do they suck worse than 1911's? I continue to wrestle with the issue of whether or not to get a CZ 75 or 1911...and no, I can't afford both
No! You can get two CZs for the price of most 1911s. But they still both suck!!:D

candr44
February 4, 2010, 05:48 PM
Started out with one, then added another, then another, got up to 6,

You only have 6!? Your a slacker! Get some more!

Erik M
February 4, 2010, 06:01 PM
better stay away from EAA and Jericho, you'll be out even more money when you look at the half sisters to your CZ collection.

Big Bill
February 4, 2010, 06:19 PM
My CZ 75BD rocks. I have never owned a better shooting or more accurate handgun.

http://www.czub.cz/upload/cz-big/CZ_75_BD.png

SSN Vet
February 5, 2010, 10:23 AM
CZ sucks......

the extrodinary value and unique niche advantage (custom shop quality for a very good price) out of the Dan Wesson line up.

perhaps they also 'suck up' to Nancy Pelosi by catoring to CA gun restrictions.

Can't help it... I'm really disapointed with what they're doing with DW

Donning flame suit :^)

ol' scratch
February 5, 2010, 06:36 PM
. . . . . the money right out of my wallet. Started out with one, then added another, then another, got up to 6, thought, OK, that's enough.

Just ordered a CZ .40 Tactical Sport . . . . . :p

Yea, CZ's suck.
I was really going to start yelling. Well done good man.

MatthewVanitas
February 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
I have a CZ PCR/75D, which I like since it's Glock 19 sized, but all metal, exposed hammer, and decock-only SA/DA. I don't like having actual "no shoot" safety levers on defensive pistols, as I like to maintain a point-and-click interface.

While I'm here, does anyone know is the .22 Kadet Kit fits on the 75D without mods? I know it's for the 75, not sure if the slide is too long for the 75D.

rfwobbly
February 5, 2010, 08:59 PM
Sucked me in too! Really got my dander up!

:p

P-01, SP-01 and counting....

Check out the CZ Forum (http://www.czforumsite.info/)

EGGMAN240
February 5, 2010, 09:03 PM
Can someone please post a pic of a CZ Tactical Sport?

mesinge2
February 5, 2010, 09:05 PM
"I don't need this gun but I want it" budget.

I have sooo many guns allocated for this budget

armoredman
February 5, 2010, 09:56 PM
SSN Vet, they have to use the guns that are already approved, and some are discontinured. Nancy has nothing to do with it, Arnie does, and the microstamping plus every other ridiculous CZ restriction. Some DW guns went away, some stayed, and some CA models stuck around.

As for me, I kinda like CZ, it may be said.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/fits.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/warning.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/range%20trip/vz58withIsraeliSling.jpg

stangfan93
February 6, 2010, 02:13 AM
I hate how much I love my CZ. I want more. Bad. I have found 2 CZ-83's for $320 each. I want to buy one. Bad. But the money I have I need so i can move into a new apartment.

GZOh
February 6, 2010, 07:50 AM
CZ makes an excellent product!... Still a great value for the dollar (but slowly creeping up there).
Have owned many CZs over the years, but these are my favorites...
Have yet to find a pistola that fits me better than my P-01... or shoots better than any of these!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/geezeepix/zz011.jpg

Gun Geezer
February 6, 2010, 09:41 AM
CZ lovers, I want to join the club! How heavy is the Compact (not the alloy framed ones, the Compact) and what is the trigger like on the same gun, both the single and the double?

I picked up at PCR? 9mm, man my hand just melts around that grip. Was light too. But I am not a fan of the decocker and am interested in that cocked and locked option that the original compact offers.
The PCR fits the hand very well. But the trigger pull is terrible. I have change the spring to a Wolff 14# and that helped alot. After about 500 rounds it has smoothed out some, but I don't think I ever be totally pleased with it.

The PCR is a decocker. There are several reportedly excellent upgrades for non-decocker CZs, but the decocker hammer is what it is. So I would say that the double it a tad long and heavy but the spring change helps the weight issue. SA is just fine. But don't let all this sway you away from a PCR. I have quickly learned to shoot it very accurately.

MrIzhevsk
February 6, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well since this is just a CZ loving thread I figured it might be a good place for this question; Does anybody own a CZ 75 AND a Jericho 941? How comparable are they? I always hear that CZs are very accurate, so would the same be inherently true with the Jericho?

Runningman
February 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
Can someone please post a pic of a CZ Tactical Sport? Not a picture of mine TS 9mm but it looks just like this image from Impact guns.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/cz/cz_tactical_sport.jpg

leadcounsel
February 6, 2010, 12:44 PM
Another happy CZ owner here. 97B, 75, 75 Compact, 75P01, P07, and 82.

One complaint is that my 97B, which I bought used, broke after 2 shots. Haven't had time to get it fixed. It's frozen in the 1/2 open position.

armoredman
February 6, 2010, 01:20 PM
leadcounsel, call 1-800-955-4486, press for gunsmith, and explain what happened. They WILL help you out.

Orion8472
February 6, 2010, 02:08 PM
This one didn't suck me as dry as it would to build it today. hehehe

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/DaveCustomMade/SP-01Custom.jpg

The Lone Haranguer
February 6, 2010, 02:23 PM
These grips (http://czcustom.com/CZ-Thin-AL-Grips-COMPACT-BLACK.aspx) are seriously tempting me.

Jermz1987
February 6, 2010, 03:03 PM
The CZ75b is my first hand gun and I absolutely love it. Over 1000 rounds through it without a single problem, More accurate then I am, easy to take down and clean. Did I mention the price? Best kept secret in the gun market. Although I do believe there catching on.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/jermz999/Picture010-4.jpg

swiftak
February 6, 2010, 03:45 PM
I was ready to start swinging. I own three.

Bohemus
February 6, 2010, 06:05 PM
I own none am I good patriot?;)

Cactus Jack Arizona
February 6, 2010, 06:31 PM
I am going to buy another 2075 Rami. I had problems with my first Rami failing to feed properly. I am looking forward to trying another one as I can't seem to find another 9mm CCW pistol that I like.

Nice grips on that SP-01 Orion.

RJM
February 6, 2010, 06:48 PM
Heck, I know what the OP means. I just put a P-07 Duty on layaway.

atomd
February 6, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hey Armoredman,

Did CZ change the grip texture on the P-07? Yours looks like it has a more aggressive texture than the one I was checking out recently. Did they change it? I heard they were "grippy", but the one I held didn't seem too bad. Maybe it's just me though.

verdun59
February 6, 2010, 07:49 PM
schmeky, that's a terrible way to get attention. Go to your room.

Colton White
February 6, 2010, 08:31 PM
Sum bits...lol

armoredman
February 6, 2010, 09:14 PM
The grip texture on my P-07 IS quite "aggressive" - I wear a shirt under it when carrying conealed! :)

BenCal
March 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm looking to get my first handgun and am without a doubt getting a cz unless something else comes along(not very likely) I've done my research and dont know wither to get the cz75 sp-01 or the tactical version of it please I'm in dire need of your guidance/wisdom or if you have any other suggestions about what to get??????

TheNev
March 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
I love my CZ's. P-01, 82 and 70 are all fantastic shooters.

I love the looks of that Tactical Sport (they chamber those in .40 S&W right?) and I know for sure I want an EAA Witness in 10mm.

A 97b wouldnt be bad for .45acp duty, if I didn't already have a 1911...darn it, now you got me thinking....

Kyle1886
March 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
The only CZ we can get here in CA. is the CZ 75 Tactical in the 9mm and .40. I have not seen any at my only FFL. Anybody with experience with either model?

Thank you

Kyle

GZOh
March 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
Like ALL my CZs... sometimes I forget just how ACCURATE these damn pistols are. Took my 75B .40 out today and fell-in-love again...
TACK-DRIVER, plain-and-simple!!! (Two mags+ 25-rnds at 15 yards)

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/geezeepix/CZ7540004.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/geezeepix/TGT-40001.jpg

ShadyScott999
March 23, 2010, 09:24 PM
Check and mate. LOL

Skillet
March 24, 2010, 12:25 AM
Haha I came into this thread thinking "I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind" and now i'm thinking I need to go get another CZ. I only have 1! but its the classic, the 75B

GZOh
March 24, 2010, 06:09 AM
Go get a P-01 from TGS for $460 before they run-out... Will be one of the best purchases in your life!!... One of the best pistolas I own!!!

BenCal
March 26, 2010, 12:27 AM
What is TGS?

Eygunsmith
April 2, 2010, 05:04 AM
That crazy title suckered me in here, so I'll speak up after reading all these posts. I know exactly how everyone feels. I have 3 75B's. 2 in matte stainless and a '96 born black polymered 75B standard. Then 2 452 Ultra Lux's and 1 452 Lux in walnut. They all shoot way better than most any custom firearm that I have fired. I already have a hankering to fill my .45acp caliber gap with a CZ-97B if I can find one at a reasonable price. CZ's are sucking me dry, and I am loving every second of it because I know what they are capable of. My 75's and 452's out of the box have out shot any 9MM or custom .22lr that I have EVER fired, and all without any acurizing done to them. What is there to complain about. A match grade firearm without the custom match grade price. Definately going to add my 7th CZ in the form of the 97B, hopefully soon.

Tenacious B
April 2, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'm shopping for my first handgun, and I keep coming back to the CZ 75 series - they just feel right. I looked at the SP-01 Tactical today, and the extended slide release was really nice since I can't hit the one on the 75b with my shooting thumb.

Would it be possible to fit a 75b with the larger slide release? (a friend has a 75b that might be up for sale)

GZOh
April 2, 2010, 07:07 PM
BenCal... TGS is TOP GUN SUPPLY... selling the P-01 for $459... great price on a great gun!!
When this 'over-run' TGS is selling, is out... back to $575+.

Wagon
April 2, 2010, 07:57 PM
CZ-itis, no doubt. Newbie to CZ here, ~2 months ago I was looking for a semi .22LR for plinking fun, all of the "mainstream" are just "plasticky" and about to give up.. then there was a smallish 16" real wood with metal trigger sitting on one corner... held it, mounted to m shoulder .. 30 min later it went home with me. It was CZ 452 Scout.. I also found that they also have a 452 American 22" "in the back".

After some research into Rimfoirecentral, I presented the 452 Scout to my wife that it is a "kid gun for the kids".. and "there is a 452 adult gun" that will go up in value.. yada yada yada.. in short, return to the shiop the next day and took home the American 22" too. (also a 22LR).. BEAUTIFUL rifles... not to mention that they are just way more accurate than I am .. they made me look like I was a cheater -- most shots were all inside the 10 ring.... surely not me, it was just the 452 doing the trick... LOL

Fast forward 3 weeks ago .. took home a P-01 from Top Gun Supply, it feels soooo good in the hands, great balance too. 200 rounds down the pipe plus LOTS of dry firing (using O rings) the trigger is getting better and better.

I'm now thinking of a PCR... which may just replace my Kahr PM9...

I'm having a CZ trip!

schmeky
April 2, 2010, 08:20 PM
I like em' so much, I built me a custom.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9024/czpics003.jpg

GZOh
April 2, 2010, 08:30 PM
schmek... Beautiful pistola, you're killin' me!!!
Does the phrase "Tryin to thin-out-the-herd" have any meaning to you??

schmeky
April 2, 2010, 08:49 PM
GZOH,

Thanks. I'm still got a few things to do to this one. Here's the RH side:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8664/czpics005.jpg

Bored and slotted the slide for a match fit 1911 bushing, installed a custom full length SS recoil spring guide rod:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8854/czpics017.jpg

GZOh
April 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
Another... W O W!!... real nice!

sprink268
April 3, 2010, 01:07 AM
Holy **** on the Top Gun Supply sale of the P-01!!!! I was going to say that you can't do better than a PCR, but this is the same thing plus the rail. Damn, I was going to buy a Kahr P9 to go with my P380, but I might just have to get the P-01 to go with my PCR!! Damn, what's a guy to do, lol!!

GojuBrian
April 3, 2010, 01:20 AM
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/sanchin31/familypics278.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/sanchin31/100_2049.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/sanchin31/100_2047.jpg

:cool:

Wagon
April 3, 2010, 01:56 AM
Sprink: How about buying my PM9 so that I can buy a PCR to go with my P-01. LOL

Holy **** on the Top Gun Supply sale of the P-01!!!! I was going to say that you can't do better than a PCR, but this is the same thing plus the rail. Damn, I was going to buy a Kahr P9 to go with my P380, but I might just have to get the P-01 to go with my PCR!! Damn, what's a guy to do, lol!!

sprink268
April 3, 2010, 03:08 AM
LOL! Want to go a little bigger than the PM9. I'm really stuck with this!

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ's Suck . . . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!