glock IWB holsters. suggestions?

PDA

harmon rabb
February 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
i'm currently carrying my glock 27 in an Uncle Mike's size 12 holster. anyone have any better suggestions? i bought some odd universal holster at a gun show that actually conceals the glock much better, because it situates the gun lower with respect to my waist, but it's too thick and blocks my middle finger from getting a proper grip on the gun. (hence, i don't use it).

oh and no smartcarry or anything of the sort. want a normal iwb holster.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock IWB holsters. suggestions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kymarkh
February 3, 2010, 02:03 PM
I use a tuckable FIST #K4 ultra-thin kydex holster for my G26. It's very thin and light and has served me well. I'm thinking of getting another one with a slight forward cant.

The other IWB I use is a Galco ultimate second amendment holster. It is a pretty nice holster but I find myself wearing the K4 more often since it is thinner.

Both of these will put the gun pretty low in the waistband if you wear 1.5 inch belts, but I can still get a good grip on the gun.

Good luck in your holster search.

AK103K
February 3, 2010, 02:13 PM
I have a couple of Blade Tech IWB's for my Glocks as well as a Milt Sparks VMII. They all work well. I'm finding the VMII is a little more comfortable, but it is leather and I sweat, so it gets switched out when it gets warm.

For the money I doubt you'll find a better buy than the Blade Techs. They are very well made, and are cheaper than most good leather IWB holsters, in many cases by at least half, and will easily out last them. I have one that was used daily for over 10 years and its still as serviceable as the day I bought it.

They also offer a cheaper "generic" version for the Glocks that has an open muzzle end, and will work with a number of different models of varying barrel lengths. I have a set of "J" hooks on mine and use it for my 26 in the appendix position.

casey b
February 3, 2010, 02:31 PM
I have a crossbreed for my G36 and love it.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

harmon rabb
February 3, 2010, 02:36 PM
how in the world can that crossbreed be comfortable? who wants a gigantic slab of leather up against their side all day?

KKrieg
February 3, 2010, 03:49 PM
I use a Crossbreed to carry my 5" 1911, it's the most comfortable IWB holster i've ever used. Sure does look odd, but that's not the point :)

harmon rabb
February 3, 2010, 03:56 PM
ok. i ordered a crossbreed. doesn't look comfy to me, but i found a metric ton of glowing reviews of it on the internets, so it must be good. i do like how adjustable it is.

:)

David E
February 3, 2010, 04:27 PM
I prefer the comfort of the simple, yet effective BraveHeart by www.kytac.com

smince
February 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
www.dalefrickeholsters.com

Deanimator
February 3, 2010, 05:46 PM
I carry my Glock 19 and Glock 22 in Don Hume 715M IWBs. Well made and reasonably priced.

Brien Crotty
February 3, 2010, 09:19 PM
I have one of the IWB holsters from sidearmor.net and it is simply amazing. I can carry my G30 in it all day long comfortably, and the holster is SO smooth and well made. I just wish they made one for my Colt Defender!

Brien

John Parker
February 4, 2010, 01:08 AM
Raven Concealment Systems.

AJChenMPH
February 4, 2010, 10:02 AM
To the OP: you've already ordered your Crossbreed, but they also have the QwikClip which may be more to your liking.

Here are some other possibilities:
- JMG IWB 3.2: http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm
- www.kholster.com
- High Noon IWB Holsters (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html)

I actually have a Kholster, which I modified so that it came pretty close to the Crossbreed QwikClip/JMG IWB 3.2:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/ajchenmph/Personal/IMG_0030.jpg

I also use the High Noon Bare Asset for when I want to just clip something on quickly.

Don't forget the belt...

possum
February 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
i use blade tech, they make bomp proof stuff. also other good companies are Raven concealment, comp-tac (mtac), and the crossbreed holsters.

bratch
February 4, 2010, 03:00 PM
I'm using Raven gear.

harmon rabb
February 4, 2010, 03:06 PM
To the OP: you've already ordered your Crossbreed, but they also have the QwikClip which may be more to your liking.

I figure I'll give the Crossbreed a try, as many claim to love it. I like the adjustability it has.

JN01
February 4, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'll second the recommendation for the Don Hume 715M. I like it well enough to carry 4 different guns in them. Great value for around $30.

ccw_steve
February 4, 2010, 09:39 PM
+1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck. I've bought one for my daily carry rig (G19) and I've never looked back.

My advice, put some felt tabs under the metal clips, otherwise the leather gets pretty creaky.

tsublake
February 5, 2010, 12:31 AM
I use a minotaur from comp-tac.com for my g26. Its a lot like the crossbreed IWB. Very comfortable.

rawhide
February 5, 2010, 01:00 AM
I too carry a glock with a comp-tac. Very, very comfortable.

jlbpa
February 6, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'll 3rd the Don Hume IWB leather for my glock 19

SnakeLogan
February 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
Question for those who own a Don Hume 715: it doesn't bother you having the back of the slide pressing directly against your body?

Deanimator
February 28, 2010, 02:29 PM
Question for those who own a Don Hume 715: it doesn't bother you having the back of the slide pressing directly against your body?
I wear a t-shirt when I wear my 715Ms. Even without a t-shirt, it's acceptable.

My first 715M was my second IWB holster. My first was a Bianchi which I absolutely hated. It didn't have a reinforced mouth. It was so difficult to holster, I was afraid I might accidentally shoot myself. I've never used the Bianchi since I bought the Don Hume. I wouldn't mind using the 715Ms even if I had other "better" IWBs.

I consider the 715Ms excellent "starter" IWB holsters. They're a good way to see if you like IWB for a great price without sacrificing quality or safety.

SnakeLogan
February 28, 2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the information Deanimator. What width belt should be used with the Hume 715?

Deanimator
February 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the information Deanimator. What width belt should be used with the Hume 715?
Mine's on a 1 1/4" belt right now. Anything up to 1 1/2" should work.

rogerjames
February 28, 2010, 11:21 PM
I carry my XD9 in a crossbreed supertuck and I absolutely love it! OP, give us an update when you get your IWB.

EMT40SW
March 1, 2010, 03:40 AM
I can vouch for Fist holsters. I use one of thier belts, mag holder, and basic OWB holster for my CCW Glock.

Sauceweed
March 1, 2010, 11:33 AM
FIST #1AK - Ultra thin Kydex. Use for both my 23 and 19. Great holster, good quality, and excellent company.

SnakeLogan
March 1, 2010, 12:02 PM
Deanimator, thanks for the info

Mine's on a 1 1/4" belt right now. Anything up to 1 1/2" should work.

I'm planning on ordering a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt (http://store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=196&osCsid=8j519l9ubd0i2eqsmdus0cick6) to go with a Don Hume 715 for concealed carry. You think the 1 1/2 would be more secure?

AK103K
March 1, 2010, 12:17 PM
Generally, the wider the belt, the more comfortable and stable a platform it provides. I have both 1.5 and 1.75 Wilderness belts, and have always preferred the 1.75's. If the widest the holster will accommodate is the 1.5, then I'd go with that.

Deanimator
March 1, 2010, 01:13 PM
I'm planning on ordering a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt to go with a Don Hume 715 for concealed carry. You think the 1 1/2 would be more secure?
I've never had a problem with my 1 1/4" belts. I'm sure a 1 1/2" would work fine.

Massad Ayoob cites the 715M as one of the few clip-on IWBs that he trusts.

harmon rabb
March 1, 2010, 01:26 PM
my crossbreed just arrived today. i'll post up what i think once i get a chance to try it out. i'm just using an uncle mike's holster today.

ARdefense
March 1, 2010, 04:54 PM
Crossbreed for sure, you can't even tell it's there.

harmon rabb
March 1, 2010, 07:38 PM
ok, got the crossbreed and a don hume. my thoughts -- the crossbreed is super comfortable and takes away the weight of the gun. however, the gun wasn't heavy in the first place (g27). it's easy to draw from.

however, it doesn't conceal the gun nearly as well as the don hume does. the grip is barely above my waist band with the hume. of course, it doesn't draw quite as quick from the hume.

the hume conceals it as well as this weird generic holster i have from a gun show but is much more comfortable. i can wear this with a t-shirt.

i'll likely rotate between them depending upon my dress.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock IWB holsters. suggestions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!