AR15 Receivers by CMT (reduex)

PDA

Bluehawk
February 6, 2010, 10:42 PM
Some years back I received a new AR15 upper and lower receiver through a factory rep at Continental Machine Tool which makes receivers for Rock River Arms as well as Stag and worldwide military M16 contracts. The lower is marked with the Continental Machine Tool logo (globe) and I was wondering if others out there had them also or if what I have might possibly be rare?
(this was posted back in 2006 w/o much sucess)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Receivers by CMT (reduex)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bluehawk
February 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
bump

Bluehawk
February 23, 2010, 09:25 AM
bump

Zach S
February 23, 2010, 09:59 AM
A CMT upper is far from rare, as they are the supplier of several AR manufacturers.

However, I haven't seen a CMT marked lower...

steven58
February 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
You should post this question at AR15.com.

Kurt_D
February 23, 2010, 06:47 PM
The lower is rare because of it's roll mark. CMT didn't use it very long before they changed the name of the commerical operation to Stag Arms and started putting the deer's head roll mark.

Bluehawk
February 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
Kurt D said:
"The lower is rare because of it's roll mark. "

Thanks Kurt...it was the lower I was asking about...not the upper. :)

Bluehawk
February 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
Zach S said:
"A CMT upper is far from rare, as they are the supplier of several AR manufacturers."

I believe I mentioned that in the original posting. :neener:

Zerodefect
February 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah a CMT market lower is way cool. It's like having a good Stag but without the Elmer Fudd queerish decapitated deer head roll mark.

Artiz
February 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
That CMT "logo'ed" lower is the first I'm hearing of, so yeah, that's a rare piece.

To answer any questions people would ask, CMT makes lower receivers for a few companies, and they are very good quality, no forge flash at all, which is pretty uncommon in the AR-15 world.

Bluehawk
February 24, 2010, 03:26 AM
I'll take a pic soon and post it so you can see what I'm referring to.

Zach S
February 24, 2010, 09:07 AM
I believe I mentioned that in the original posting.
I knew you were only asking about the lower, but since you brought the upper up too, I did as well.

I'm sorry for sounding like an *******, but if you'd come around more often you'd probably see posts similar to yours where the OP would come back and say "what about the upper?" I dont know if it happens a lot here, but I post here, a mustang forum, and an impala forum, and got in the habit of trying to cover the bases because I see those posts on a somewhat regular basis across three boards.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Receivers by CMT (reduex)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!