Could you even carry all this stuff?

PDA

Skoob
February 7, 2010, 12:05 PM
Just looking at youtube while waiting for the superbowl to start. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQFgyGpsTo

His everyday carry: (I would have to workout for 6 months to be able to haul all this around).

Glock 22 .40 S&W 15+1
Glock 23 .40 S&W 13+1
(2) 15 rnd Glock magazines
SOG Trident
ZT 301 Ken Onion/Mick Strider Collaboration
Spyderco Civilian
Steve Tarani Karambit 5.11 Tactical Series
Spyderco Tenacious
Second chance bullet-Proof vest, Monarch II, butterfly-lite, Level II protection
Surefire 9P w/GG&G saw-tooth endcap
ASP 21" baton w/ Heavy-duty holster
HideawayKnife (HAK) straight-edge utility blade
Oakley lanyard
(2) Comtech Stingers
keys
peanut lighter
iPhone
Maxpedition Camo Wallet
Nixon 51-30 chronogaph watch

Skoob

If you enjoyed reading about "Could you even carry all this stuff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cromlech
February 7, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'd need a pack mule to carry all that stuff if I were 'wearing slacks and a polo shirt' and not some tacticool 5.11 outfit. :D

Well, whatever floats his boat.

EDIT - that part where he talks about using a knife, and how not anybody can do it, can twist it in the wound - LOL

He seems 'intense'. :uhoh:

kingpin008
February 7, 2010, 12:22 PM
Shouldn't this be in Strategies & Tactics? Seems a little off-topic for Handguns.

NMGonzo
February 7, 2010, 12:38 PM
What a tool.

Old man with a 5 shot 38 special is more effective just by being able to draw and shoot unimpeded.

trigun87
February 7, 2010, 12:55 PM
This guy qualifies as paranoid in my book. I live in a pretty bad neighborhood and my parents live in worse , yet I cant see myself needing more than one gun for any scenario.

"J.T. out" LOL

BCCL
February 7, 2010, 01:00 PM
Someone has been reading Jerry Ahern books to much.......... :)

Balrog
February 7, 2010, 01:15 PM
I carry a Ruger LCP, a Case Sodbuster, and have an LED on my keychain.

I feel like a girl.

41magsnub
February 7, 2010, 01:23 PM
He seems 'intense'.

That was a very PC way to put that...

trigun87
February 7, 2010, 01:24 PM
Balrog, We carry the same. LOL

LCP
streamlight nano keychain.
but I carry a Gerber.

blkbrd666
February 7, 2010, 01:29 PM
Shouldn't this be in Strategies & Tactics? Seems a little off-topic for Handguns.

Or...shouldn't there just be a new category simply called "Gecko45"?

LRS_Ranger
February 7, 2010, 01:30 PM
I respect the rights of free Americans everywhere, but this is the kind of the head case that gets brought up as an example every time someone proposes a new gun law or ban. Quit spending money on rediculous stuff, get a normal loadout and practice with that and you will be far better off.

Mp7
February 7, 2010, 01:44 PM
intense, smart, too. :scrutiny:

Webbj0219
February 7, 2010, 01:51 PM
I bet that guy stops carrying all that stuff after 1 to 1.5 weeks. Curious to see if he has an updated video next week where he gets rid of half that stuff?

Mp7
February 7, 2010, 01:56 PM
the court will love this ... if he ever needs to SD

kingpin008
February 7, 2010, 01:59 PM
Or...shouldn't there just be a new category simply called "Gecko45"?

Indeed. :D

pikid89
February 7, 2010, 02:00 PM
hes got so much stuff hangin off him he'll get caught in the heat of the action trying to decide what to pull out

rha600
February 7, 2010, 02:01 PM
and 4 knives... Of course, just in case he lost the first three?

HAHA.

edit: my mistake, 5 knives.

I'd forget where I had everything. so when the time came that I needed knife #4 I'd end up going into the pocked with flishlight #1.

edit #2: The more I listen to this guy, the more he sounds exactly like Steven Segal.

Maverick223
February 7, 2010, 02:07 PM
Balrog, We carry the same. LOLLOL, same here... :D

I carry LCP, Benchmade 530V, and a Photon Micro Light when I am going light (typical).

My heavy (hiking) kit is HK - USP .45 FS (+ 1x 12rnd spare mag), Ontario Knife Marine Combat, Bechmade 530V, Surefire E2 Outdoorsman, a pack of crackers, and often the M1 Carbine (+2 15rnd spare mags). Which, save for the rifle, is still less than super-mall-ninja's kit. He must have a LOT of pockets. :rolleyes:

AKElroy
February 7, 2010, 02:12 PM
I like his earlier video better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI0AzYwIILQ

GasX
February 7, 2010, 02:22 PM
I have a nickel for anyone who can come up with a sequence of events that results in half of this gear getting utilized...

BullfrogKen
February 7, 2010, 02:25 PM
Some need more pabulum in their bowl.

Maverick223
February 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
Some need more pabulum in their bowl.I carry crackers...does that count? :D

41magsnub
February 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
This dude is a serious mall ninja.. from his profile on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HELLZZARMY#p/a

Name:
J.T. AKA: THE PUNISHER!!

IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO BE A MERCENARY IN THE UNITED STATES. PROVIDED YOU DO NOT TAKE ACTION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT OR ITS INTEREST.

"My brand of Justice doesn't come from a book of law. It's ALWAYS RIGHT! Sometimes it's Legal."

Jenrick
February 7, 2010, 04:46 PM
His EDC is less then what I carry at work (full time LEO in a major city).

My off duty is 1 gun w/ tac light, two knives (one small for admin stuff, another larger general utility knife), and a flashlight.

Props to this guy if he can carry all this and still move.

-Jenrick

Lonestar49
February 7, 2010, 05:37 PM

Makes ya want to hang with this guy and where he hangs out.. NOT

One word IMHO,

~ overkill ~

Ls

pikid89
February 7, 2010, 05:47 PM
I have a nickel for anyone who can come up with a sequence of events that results in half of this gear getting utilized...
he has 65 ninjas attacking him at the mall and when he runs out of bullets, he throws knives at the last five...if any are left over he must tactically transition to the nightstick thing with the flashlight sawtooth thing as backup

id like to see a picture of this guy in his "slacks and polo shirt"

atomd
February 8, 2010, 08:57 AM
It looks like he got a nice maxpedition bag and decided to try to fit as much stuff in there as possible. Pretty silly. His profile makes ya wonder though. Yikes.

LoneCoon
February 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
Even I think this is overkill.

This coming from the guy who carries a 3 knives and a paracord bracelet.

mokin
February 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
I wont be so self-conscous next time I walk out of the house with my pistol, and extra magazine (10 round), three knives, flashlight, and cell phone.

Jonah71
February 8, 2010, 11:28 AM
What a tool.

Old man with a 5 shot 38 special is more effective just by being able to draw and shoot unimpeded.
Thank you. I feel better now. lol (seriously)

MachIVshooter
February 8, 2010, 12:52 PM
What a tool.

Ronsch
February 8, 2010, 02:27 PM
New word for a guy like that:

Loseratic (sort of a combination of loser and lunatic.)

ozarkgunner
February 8, 2010, 03:21 PM
If he trips and falls he'll shoot and cut himself up. I'm having flash backs of "I'm Gonna Get You suckka"

Madcap_Magician
February 8, 2010, 04:28 PM
The second amendment is his right to do that, and the first amendment is my right to call him looney tunes.

funkychinaman
February 8, 2010, 04:36 PM
If he trips and falls he'll shoot and cut himself up. I'm having flash backs of "I'm Gonna Get You suckka"
"You think you got enough?"

"You can never have enough."

rha600
February 8, 2010, 07:56 PM
The second amendment is his right to do that, and the first amendment is my right to call him looney tunes.
HAHA nice!

JEB
February 8, 2010, 10:28 PM

"thats right officer, my tactical vest stopped the single shot that the assailant fired at me so i drew my ASP tactical baton and beat him untill my arm was tired, so i made quick use of tactical knives #1-4 making a single stab&twist with each in areas of his body that would provide me with the tactical advantage. after this made a tactical retreat of 10 feet while covering my retreat with cover fire from my primary weapon performing 2 tactical reloads in the process. after firing my 46th round i drew my secondary weapon from the tactical ankle holster on my left leg and tactically scanned the area for any more potential threats. once i was sure the area was clear i proped my tactical camo nylon wallet open on the ground and used both of my tactical flashlights for maximum illumination to see if i had enough money for all of lawsuits that were probly coming my way and realized that i didnt due to so many non-tactical purchases of tactical gear. i then pulled out my i phone and watched an episode of the human weapon to calm down"

i bet this guy sleeps on kevlar sheets

LeontheProfessional
February 8, 2010, 10:48 PM
Glock 27, a second mag, and a Gerber folding knife and I never feel under armed. This guy is too much. I love the fact that he is wearing a Gi when he goes to break the boards. Glock 23 for backup in a ankle holster, good grief. How does he pull that off and why is it that these guys always carry a baton?

MachIVshooter
February 8, 2010, 11:24 PM
JEB-

you owe me a keyboard. And an RC cola.

Maverick223
February 8, 2010, 11:58 PM
How does he pull that off and why is it that these guys always carry a baton?Which brings about a good point...aren't batons illegal to conceal in most states? :uhoh:

41magsnub
February 9, 2010, 12:08 AM
Which brings about a good point...aren't batons illegal to conceal in most states?

So are guns in Hawaii without a CCW which he does not have...

Maverick223
February 9, 2010, 12:16 AM
So are guns in Hawaii without a CCW which he does not have......and I thought he was mentally deficient, paranoid schizophrenic before...sounds like he just fell off the turnip truck.

:)

RippinSVT
February 9, 2010, 12:30 AM
That is overkill to the max. If he ever had to use ANY of that in a defensive situation, he would get eaten alive in civil-court afterwards, despite being within his rights.

rich636
February 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
A real life Dwight Schrute!

LeontheProfessional
February 9, 2010, 12:54 AM
A real life Dwight Schrute!
That is Hilarious! I thought the same thing.

carbuncle
February 9, 2010, 01:06 AM
Wow. 99% of the time I carry a knife and a flashlight...

cjl8651
February 9, 2010, 01:10 AM
He must have a lot of pants pockets to fit all that stuff in......

Ragnar Danneskjold
February 9, 2010, 01:59 AM
Only 1 light source? He's just one broken bulb from complete combat ineffectiveness. He needs at least an E2D, a few G2Ls and a 6P to be on the safe side.

LoneCoon
February 9, 2010, 09:59 AM
Only 1 light source? He's just one broken bulb from complete combat ineffectiveness. He needs at least an E2D, a few G2Ls and a 6P to be on the safe side.
Please, you assume that he doesn't have a tactical light on at least one of his firearms?

essayons21
February 9, 2010, 01:32 PM
He forgot a fire extinguisher

CoRoMo
February 9, 2010, 01:49 PM
A few things...

What's up with the idea of showing it all off on youtube?
He really needs to think about carrying another knife.
Which one of these items is his first line of defense?
At 5:30 into the video, his ego shines bright!
What are the chances that he's never spent a dime on actual training?

sherman123
February 9, 2010, 02:06 PM
haha I stumbled across this guy's vids a few months ago. Still not entirely sure if he's serious.

Boats
February 9, 2010, 02:50 PM

1. Nuclear war crashes civilization.

2. He gets jacked for his camel drawn wagon by a guy flying a gyrocopter.

3. After walking to Barter Town he has to impress that he's "got skillz."

4. Use aforementioned items for an epic weapons check scene.

Mall ninja then dies for the lack of a fly swatter dagger at his assassin audition.

atomd
February 9, 2010, 04:36 PM
I just noticed he has no shuriken. How is anyone supposed to survive through the day (or a trip to Walmart) without some shuriken??!?!?! He is also lacking a grappling hook. What if he has to scale a building???! I seriously hope he hasn't convinced himself that he has enough stuff on him because he's missing some crucial items.

tangomike706
February 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
Also lacking the "Special boots" that allow him to walk up walls .. but yeah .. there is being equipped, and then there is overladen

Aka Zero
February 9, 2010, 09:45 PM
I carry two knives. And I think that is excessive....

I carry two because one is cheap and aus8, the other is expensive and 154cm. So hard and soft use.

MachIVshooter
February 9, 2010, 11:01 PM
hahahahah. I just caught "tactical impact device".............or what we mere mortals simply know as a bludgeon.

Maverick223
February 10, 2010, 12:41 AM
Wonder if he uses "tactical brown" underwear. It's an essential accessory for any real operator. :p

sherman123
February 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
I can't believe he'd carry a GLOCK 23 around all day ON HIS ANKLE of all places haha. I carry one on my hip all day, but unless you're wearing bell bottoms I would imagine there would be some major printing pulling off ankle carry with a compact GLOCK

Cosmoline
February 10, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm wondering what people would make of my everyday carry. Only one handgun, but lots of other stuff. Fact is I use a lot of it. Even my benchmade tactical pen saw some active duty over the weekend. My canopener fell apart on me, and I had to get some cans of coconut milk open ASAP. I just punched holes around the top and voila.

MachIVshooter
February 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
Haha. Dude filters his comments. He won't post anything that's not along the lines of "dude, you're my hero", "wow, I wish I could be like you", "That's so awesome that you're a one-man army", etc, etc. I bet 49 of 50 comments submitted get round filed. This guy is on such an ego trip it's scary. I wonder if he realizes he's the laughing stock of groups who actually know a thing or two about carry and defense.

Maverick223
February 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cosmoline, I think you are smart. I too carry a P38, it comes in really handy a lot of times (and for a great deal more than just opening cans) when nothing else is handy. I don't even think about it, it resides on my keychain, and if it gets broken a new one (at great expense...about a quarter :p) will soon follow.

:)

John Parker
February 10, 2010, 01:50 PM
"Wicked serrations...like a velociraptor."

"Tactical impact device"

What a choad.

zoom6zoom
February 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
Only 1 light source?
Really, I'd carry two lights before two blades. (and usually do, at work). No backup comms, either, only one phone.

Mad Chemist
February 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a joke guys.:rolleyes:

If you still think he's serious check out the video of the "ninja AK" complete with attached shuriken.

Ronsch
February 10, 2010, 02:44 PM
Way too funny!

I get ribbed because I have a Leatherman Supertool, a Buck assisted opening folder and my handy-dandy USGI stainless steel 4 blade pocket knife.

The 4 blader serves as my go-to for jobs that do not require the Leatherman (like opening a food can) and the Buck is strictly a SD.

LeontheProfessional
February 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a joke guys.:rolleyes:

If you still think he's serious check out the video of the "ninja AK" complete with attached shuriken.
No he is serious. Not quite over the top enough to be a joke plus look at all his videos.
Another real life Gecko45.

SNoB
February 10, 2010, 07:14 PM
I think he watched taxi driver one too many times.

Maverick223
February 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
Another real life Gecko45.No, he could never be that cool without a golf cart tactical assault buggy. :rolleyes:

Evil One
February 10, 2010, 08:07 PM
Guy on another forum I frequent... his EDC dwarfs this.
More firepower, more reloads, etc... however he also carries some serious first aid and survival gear.
Yea, dude here sounds like some ego tripping wack job... but honestly I dont see anything wrong with carrying as much as you realisticly can.
I have been known to leave the house with 2 1911s, shoulder and strong side, and a snubby in my pocket... with reloads.
If I dont tell you, you wont know I am carrying.I usually have 3+ knives on me also.
Work knives, multiblade folder utility, longer blade lock back defensive knife, cable splicers snips...
Its all in personal choice.
Im not going to laugh at anyone carrying a 5 shot pocket gun, maybe you shouldnt laugh at someone carrying what they can.
Laugh at this guy tho... he sounds like a joke :D

Jim

chris150
February 10, 2010, 11:56 PM
I have to wonder what laws of physics/math were broken in the making of this gun. He says that it is made 100% of polymer, and 100% of titanium. I may not have my Ph.D. in math, but I am fairly sure that something cannot be made 200%!

Just my .22 cents worth.

C-grunt
February 11, 2010, 03:42 AM
This is my EDC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI

You guys are under armed for sure.

Maverick223
February 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
LOL, C-grunt, kids nowadays. :D

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
February 11, 2010, 02:50 PM
I could just imagine a conversation with this clown
me: nice club
clown: it's not a club it's a tactical impact device
me: oh...so what do you use it for?
clown: mostly clubbing people

oasis618
February 11, 2010, 02:53 PM
This guy might just be the next Chocolate Rain...or dancing baby!

trickyasafox
February 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
and I thought I was over the top
gun, 1 spare reload
flashlight
small pad and pen
wallet has a couple band-aids and an alcohol wipe
pad and pen has a small amount of paracord, duct tape, safety pin, & small pack of matches
pocket knife
cell phone

I already feel like a tacti-tool.
on the keys I do have a p38 can opener

Searcher1970
February 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm the word tactifool comes to mind.

Blinken
February 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
HAHAhaha. Oh man, my stomach hurts after that one. I agree with everyone before saying just practice with what you need.

If you think that you need all that stuff, you need to change venues. I think the most exaggerated situation that most people think of when they carry is someone trying to rob the bank/gas station they happen to be occupying. This guy is in for some serious hand-to-hand after gun #1 and #2 are empty as well as the spare mags...you may want to ditch a few of the knives and maybe the spare mags and just load a few hand grenades.

brassdog
February 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
Well....
I guess that's one way to look at things.
Ay, ay, ay, ay!:rolleyes:

tank mechanic
February 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
I think the most exaggerated situation that most people think of when they carry is someone trying to rob the bank/gas station they happen to be occupying.

I used to think that way until I realized how often active shooter crimes happen. So I adjusted my EDC carry accordingly. I am not defending that guys load out, but there are situations where carrying more than a 5 shot J-frame would come in handy.

Ohio Gun Guy
February 12, 2010, 06:38 PM
He wasnt serious.......

Was he?

I think its a joke :scrutiny:

Mp7
February 14, 2010, 10:53 AM
... hes incomplete without the backpack
full of claymore mines to cover his fallback
to the fortified position of his own home ....

rha600
February 14, 2010, 12:00 PM
he's a 1 man secret service team for the president

SNoB
February 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
If you look at his profile hes "toned" his EDC down over the last year. I watched some of the videos while I was bored at work. In one video he was talking about some super ugly glock base plate and said "I like it because it looks tactical"

To be honest im sort of glad there is half an ocean between him and me.

DammitBoy
February 14, 2010, 12:32 PM
Why are tactifools always so fat?

jad0110
February 14, 2010, 12:35 PM
Could you even carry all this stuff?

Probably, but the question is why?

The catch of this one is that if you are going somewhere where you are going to end up needing all that stuff, you are probably going to need a long arm of some type. Preferrably something crew served and belt fed :D .

Maverick223
February 14, 2010, 12:47 PM
Why are tactifools always so fat?That's not fat...it's tactical padding. :D

HKGuns
February 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
This thread has some good stuff in it. Probably not the right thing to say but this guy sounds like a prison term in the making. Either that or he's the biggest poser ever known to man.

kgpcr
February 15, 2010, 08:42 PM
That is one paranoid dude that should not carry but be on prozac

hmphargh
February 15, 2010, 09:37 PM
He's in Hawaii, considering that they have essentially no legal CCW there, he is probably either lying about what he carries or is a gangster. Either way, not someone I aspire to be like, and I feel perfectly comfortable saying that I could not nor do I have any desire to be like him or carry half the crap that he does.

Ronsch
February 16, 2010, 03:12 PM
Didn't know Hawaii was such a dangerous place! I guess I will not go there for vacations!

rha600
February 16, 2010, 03:37 PM
He's in Hawaii, considering that they have essentially no legal CCW there, he is probably either lying about what he carries or is a gangster. Either way, not someone I aspire to be like, and I feel perfectly comfortable saying that I could not nor do I have any desire to be like him or carry half the crap that he does.
The way he was talking in some spots I get the feeling he is/was a LEO of some type. ATF, FBI, PD, whatever. But then he could befull of horse dookie about that too.

and yes, I've never been there, but I've heard Hawaii is very high in crime.

MachIVshooter
February 16, 2010, 04:08 PM
This is my EDC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI

You guys are under armed for sure.

I'd like to have seen that kid try to move. What a joke of a "demonstration".

That's not fat...it's tactical padding.

hahahhaha. I have noticed that trend as well, though.

My 5'10" 180 pound frame with fitting clothes could never conceal all that crap. Shirt untucked, I can pull of my PF-9. I'd have to wear a jacket all the time

The Lone Haranguer
February 16, 2010, 08:22 PM
Sometimes the line between being well prepared and paranoia is a little blurry, but I think this fellow has clearly crossed that line. :uhoh:

Expertowgunner
February 16, 2010, 09:04 PM
this is stupid why in the hell would you want to carry that gear. i can understand maybe for ccw work you might want a main conceal to carry and maybe just maybe a small 380 or 32 (i dont ever carry my 32 by itself unless i cant carry my glock 27 or kahr). i always carry my gerber or sog folder with me and maybe ill carry my little surefire but thats it. theres no way you would ever want to carry that much crap and if you did well good luck and have fun.

watchoutnow
February 16, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone----what is the cheapest, most reliable 12 gauge shotgun on the market? (lets say $300-$500) AND, can 00buck or other shot be used in a 12 gauge rifled barrel without harm to the barrel?

Expertowgunner
February 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
you better back off cuz i got my velociraptor knife and my tactical blunt head smacker and i just sent a response to this guy. i think hes gonna be pissed so ill copy and paste what he wrote back on here. lol

The Tennessean
February 16, 2010, 10:08 PM
Guy is a nut for sure.

tank mechanic
February 16, 2010, 11:16 PM
hey watchoutnow, there is a shotgun subforum here on the highroad.org that you can ask that question.

Maverick223
February 17, 2010, 01:07 AM
The way he was talking in some spots I get the feeling he is/was a LEO of some type. ATF, FBI, PD, whatever.Hmmm, don't know for sure, but I think they still perform psych evaluations...there isn't a chance in hell that he passed.

hey watchoutnow, there is a shotgun subforum here on the highroad.org that you can ask that question.+1, this is the spot for crazy folks...and handguns. ;)

WingRider
February 17, 2010, 05:04 AM
He needs a soundtrack. I'm thinking " They're Coming to Take Me Away" HAHAHEEEHEE!!:evil:

230therapy
February 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
One pistol, one folding knife, phone, keys, small flashlight, spare ammo and an engaged brain.

Maverick223
February 17, 2010, 10:41 PM
...and an engaged brain.You should get that looked at. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Could you even carry all this stuff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!