Glock 26: who manufactures this all metal rod/recoil spring?

PDA

Ignacio49
February 7, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hello,

I can't find information about this set (guide rod and recoil spring) for the Glock 26.
It is all metal and, as you can see in the pic, has two springs running from one end to the other - no spring in the inner rod.
This set is "extra power"- it takes much more effort to manually cicle the slide.
Do you know who manufactures/sells it?

Regards,
Ignacio

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Ignacio49/DSC05802.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 26: who manufactures this all metal rod/recoil spring?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quack
February 7, 2010, 06:03 PM
looks like the setup from EFK Fire Dragon

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=GK26DA

Ignacio49
February 7, 2010, 07:25 PM
That's it !!

Thanks Quack.

Quack
February 7, 2010, 07:26 PM
yeppers

CPshooter
February 7, 2010, 08:23 PM
Extra power is probably not a good idea, especially with the 9mm Glocks. By the nature of their design (grip angle), they are very prone to stovepipe (FTE) failures if you don't have a perfectly locked wrist. One of my two Glock 19s stovepiped all the time when it was new, and my brother's 26 has experienced two so far. In other words, the factory recoil spring is already stiff enough. I'm curious as to why anyone would want an "extra power" spring. Even shooting +P ammo doesn't seem like a good reason.

Ignacio49
February 8, 2010, 07:59 PM
Point taken, CPshooter, and I agree. I will use the extra power for practice.

Regards,
Ignacio

Rodentman
February 8, 2010, 08:32 PM
I have one of those in my G20 and I've had no issue with it. Recoil is somewhat lessened and follow-up shots quicker. That said, the stock Glock spring worked fine as well, and I didn't find recoil with that spring an issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 26: who manufactures this all metal rod/recoil spring?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!