CZ 75 Compact in .40?

PDA

NelsErik
February 9, 2010, 01:46 PM
I am thinking about buying a CZ Compact in .40, but have read thread after thread about feeding problems. Has this issue been fixed or was there really an issue to begin with? I already have two other CZ's and love them for their reliability and accuracy. If the .40 really is bad I will probably look at Springfield XDM in .40. Any other suggestions for a compact .40? I have huge hands, but both the CZ and Springfield fit very well. I actually use the mag extension on the Phantom...

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75 Compact in .40?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DWhitehorne
February 9, 2010, 05:14 PM
I had a compact 40 for a while and let it go. My flush fitting mags worked fine but it was near impossible to get the 10th round in even after 600+ rounds. From what I have read the newer mags that appear to be full size with the big rubber base work great but they aren't very compact. I have 2 other CZ's and have owned more. I wanted to love the 40 compact. If CZ would make a pistol just like the 40 compact (steel frame,rail and ambi safety) in 9mm, I think that would be the perfect handgun. The main reason I got rid of the 40 compact was the trigger slap on my pistol was worse than any WASR I've fired. After 50+ rounds my trigger finger was always numb. I just got a PO7 and love it so far. 9mm with the rail and ambi safety. I just wish it was all steel and that would be perfect for me.

I've owned a XD40 and have no experience with the XDM. I like the XD trigger alot, but have since jumped on the M&P bandwagon. Good luck with your choice.
David

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75 Compact in .40?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!