Is the Bersa Ultra Compact 9MM to bulky ?

PDA

sigman
February 10, 2010, 03:13 PM
I'm mainly asking in terms of a CCW.Not really want it for target practice.
I would buy a Sig. for that,[ no dah ! :cool: ] !
Looking at at on " youtube " it looks,and they say,too bulky/wide .
I like the fact that it's half the price of Sigs.,Glocks,and H & K's. And they're reliable,and come with a decocker ,and two magazines.The Two Tone model has my nod.

If you have one,is too bulky ?
And how would suggest me carring it where it can't be seen in average ,casual clothing ?
The Cor Bon + P 9MM looks like a solid winner also ! :rolleyes:

Thanks !,Bubba

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the Bersa Ultra Compact 9MM to bulky ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shpadoinkel
February 10, 2010, 06:03 PM
Don't have one myself, but as it's on the top of my list for first handgun/CCW purchase, I've held quite a few.

It's bulkier than any single stack out there, but no more so than any other double stack I've held. I suggest you hold one in person (if you can find one) and try it out in person. What's bulky to some may not be bulky to others. You're the only person that will know if it's "too bulky" for you.

Go here for all things Bersa (especially the 9UC): http://www.bersatalk.com/forum/
Lots of people on that forum carry one every day and say it's no problem. Like any gun, it's gotta work for you, and there is only one way to find out if it does.

If you're going IWB, I've heard the Super Tuck makes it disappear, though some claim to still have a little bit of a problem with printing when tucking in dress shirts (has a lot to do with body type).

Oh, and in case you didn't know, if you can't find a BT9UC, the 'Firestorm Mini 9' is the EXACT same gun (they just paid Bersa to put the Firestorm stamp on it).

The Lone Haranguer
February 10, 2010, 08:15 PM
I've held them. They seem no bulkier than a Glock or SIG, actually having a slimmer slide than either. The butt is also short on the "Ultra Compact" model. The controls do protrude a little more, and I would select a holster with an extended body side tab.

modifiedbrowning
February 10, 2010, 08:28 PM
They do have ambi controls that make it a little wider, but I have never had a problem CCWing mine.

tekarra
February 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
For me they are a bit bulky. Having said that, they are a well made pistol that will serve you well for many thousands of rounds. The triggers, out of the box, are better than most and get better as they go on. The only drawback is the pricey magazines; and if you purchase extra magazines, only buy the Bersa mags and no others. If you have not done so, may I suggest you visit www.bersatalk.com.

Utah_Jay
February 10, 2010, 09:59 PM
I use one for my primary carry weapon. I guess compared with some of the other guns out there today they are a bit bulky. I carry mine in a holster on the hip so it doesn't really bother me. I am looking forward to the new concealed carry 9 that is supposed to be released by Bersa soon. If it is under $350 it will be my next gun.

Snowdog
February 10, 2010, 11:27 PM
The UC9 is an unbelievably underrated pistol; a "sleeper" to say the least. The ambidextrous controls to add a bit of girth to the width. I would have opted to forgo these ambidextrous controls if given the choice, but they're not overly difficult to live with. I just carried mine today in an OWB belt holster under a jacket without ANY issues. Depending on the holster, they're quite comfortable.

The UC9 is about as wide as most double stack autos with ambi controls (such as compared to the CZ-82).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2511/4097533383_93867d21f1_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2505/4097531151_781dd2004d_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/4097532425_c64559c135_m.jpg

Again, the UC9 is an example of an excellent bargain.

gator1gear
February 10, 2010, 11:35 PM
Snowdog your first sentence says it all! I've had every Bersa UC made, and they have all been 100% reliable. I tell people they are the most underrated gun on the planet. I have used them all at some point for concealed carry. Not bad at all.

butters
February 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
They are no bigger than most other double stacks out there. I love mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the Bersa Ultra Compact 9MM to bulky ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!