whats a glock mpdc?

PDA

JEB
February 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
a buddy of mine just picked up a 1st gen glock 17. 1989 manufacture with austrian markings. what has us stumped is it has MPDC stamped on the slide and we cant find what it stands for. i know that it is an old cop gun but does anybody have any idea what the MPDC stands for?

If you enjoyed reading about "whats a glock mpdc?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911austin
February 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
Sounds like maybe a old police gun with a depatment marking. I'm thinking DC metro police.

blackrussian
February 10, 2010, 08:45 PM
Glock talk suggests D.C. Police issue

REAPER4206969
February 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
Yep...

atomd
February 10, 2010, 09:05 PM
I've seen a lot of Glocks around like that. Some of them even have the department's logo or a badge with lettering engraved on them. Most are LE trade-ins although I have seen a batch of new ones someone was selling off where the engraving was done incorrect on them.

VerdeVolpe
February 10, 2010, 09:32 PM
I'm going along whith everyone else,

Metropolitan Police District of Columbia

I remember seeing MPDC on an old Colt revolver that my dear ol' Granpappy had. He said it once belonged to a D.C. detective.

AJChenMPH
February 11, 2010, 06:40 PM
+1 on a DC police trade-in.

Careful...it might influence your buddy's thoughts on 2A rights. ;) (I kid, I kid!)

If you enjoyed reading about "whats a glock mpdc?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!