Pistol with a Shoulder Stock--Legalities

PDA

Acera
February 11, 2010, 01:32 PM
I have the option to purchase a Canadian Inglis High Power with an original shoulder stock/holster.

Now I understand that for most guns you can not attach a stock, making a SBR, unless you have the proper stamp from the ATF.

I was told that this combination, being original and not a knock off, falls under the C&R clause and is legal to assemble.

Does anyone have some references to this?

More interested in bona fide researched opinions and government documents than common, you can't do it comments.

Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol with a Shoulder Stock--Legalities" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
February 11, 2010, 01:51 PM
Original Inglis with an original stock is 100% kosher. You can go to the ATF site for the specific cite, but you're good to go.
I have that combination and it's a fun shooter. Not that accurate over 50 yards, but fun for a change.

KurtC
February 11, 2010, 04:08 PM
Make sure your state doesn't consider it an SBR.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol with a Shoulder Stock--Legalities" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!