Accuracy and Suppressors

PDA

BAS402
February 11, 2010, 04:26 PM
I have a question, I know that adding a suppressor will effect POI which can be adjusted for but will accuracy be affected do to shooting suppressed?

If you enjoyed reading about "Accuracy and Suppressors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WoofersInc
February 11, 2010, 06:48 PM
No. accuracy will not be affected. If your gun shoots sub MOA before the suppressor it should shoot the same with it. Most modern suppressors will vary point of impact only a small bit, usually a shift of 1 or 2 inches.

All of this does take into effect that the suppressor being used is a good quality one.

Zak Smith
February 11, 2010, 10:12 PM
Adding a suppressor might change the POI, it might not. My 24" does not change; my 26" does.

Most people shoot better with a suppressor, so isolating the mechanical effects is not easy. I just tell people it will be the same or better.

-z

If you enjoyed reading about "Accuracy and Suppressors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!