Anyone had good luck with Swift Scirocco bullets?

PDA

xmanpike
February 14, 2010, 12:40 PM
I read somewhere that these can be very accurate. Just curious if anyone out there has used them and what they thought. Thanks

MC

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone had good luck with Swift Scirocco bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45ACPUSER
February 14, 2010, 01:35 PM
They are a spendy bullet for sure. But, going into a load work up with them should be based on solid ideas on best powder for the caliber you intend to reload.

xmanpike
February 14, 2010, 02:13 PM
I have worked up quite a few loads for other bullets in the 130 gr bullets Im looking at. My gun seems to like IMR 4350 and RL 19 the best so far so thats definitely where I am planning on starting. Their Aframe bullets are crazy pricey! The Scirocco's are cheaper than Barnes TSX's though.

Strongbad
February 14, 2010, 04:28 PM
Had excellent results with the original Scirocco's in 338. Downright match accurate, and stellar performance on game. Problem is, after they were reintroduced in a Scirocco II the accuracy absolutely went to pot. Haven't touched them since.

xmanpike
February 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
hmmmm, not good to hear. I actually started looking at them becuase I heard they get run through a machine that discards bullets that are improperly jacketed or weighted. I wonder if the old ones were, and the Scirocco II's are not.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone had good luck with Swift Scirocco bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!