7.62x39 Hansen ammo question

PDA

hadmanysons
February 17, 2010, 12:59 PM
I have a package of the Posifeed ammo for 7.62x39 by the Hansen company. It's brass and I was wondering if it was boxer or berdan primed? Is ALL 7.62x39 berdan primed or just Russian made? I would just shoot a round and find out myself but my range is 20 minutes away.

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 Hansen ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marlin 45 carbine
February 17, 2010, 01:26 PM
all the steel cased X39 I've come across has been berdan primed.
I've seen 4 makes of brass cased that were too- some Lapua, some Sako, the hungarian mil-surp and some with arabic markings.
hansen I've never come across.

jfh
February 17, 2010, 01:57 PM
I bought several boxes of Hansen 7.62x39 ammo some fifteen years ago--in the 'ornate,' 'old-fashioned-looking box'--that was brass, and it was boxer primed. In fact, that was their selling point at the time.

Jim H.

hadmanysons
February 17, 2010, 02:23 PM
I bought several boxes of Hansen 7.62x39 ammo some fifteen years ago--in the 'ornate,' 'old-fashioned-looking box'--that was brass, and it was boxer primed. In fact, that was their selling point at the time.

The box still looks old-timey. So here's hoping for that then. Thanks Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "7.62x39 Hansen ammo question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!