MI Open carry Questions?

PDA

CMP
February 18, 2010, 03:57 PM
So I wanted to know if I actually dont need to have anything to open carry in Michigan?

If I dont need anything Could I Open carry if I was 19? or would I have to wait till 21?

If you enjoyed reading about "MI Open carry Questions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Comedian
February 18, 2010, 04:56 PM
You can legally open carry in Michigan if you're 18 or older. If by "don't need anything to open carry" you mean a CPL, then yes, you don't need one. Just don't conceal it, which includes getting into a car, going into a building etc etc.

joe_security
February 18, 2010, 05:13 PM
And get a snatch proof holster so no one takes it away from you....look at the Safariland 6287 or maybe the 0701....or the new and better yet 6367.
Note that these holsters are made for a limited list of models. If you want the security of a retention holster, you may have to choose a pistol around that factor. They are made for the most popular autos.

MikePGS
February 18, 2010, 05:15 PM
Just make sure to look into the restrictions as far as going into a vehicle are. The people at MichiganOpenCarry.org can probably answer any other questions you might have.

Trebor
February 19, 2010, 02:58 PM
Just don't conceal it, which includes getting into a car, going into a building etc etc.

Open carry is legal in Michigan.

Comedian is correct in that any holstered handgun is considered "concealed" as soon as you get into a vehicle. That's an oddity in Michigan law. To carry in a vehicle, whether open or concealed, you MUST have a Michigan Concealed Pistol License.

However, going into a building does NOT make an openly carried handgun "concealed." Comedian is wrong on that one.

If you enjoyed reading about "MI Open carry Questions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!