You're at a house and some dingus puts a gun to their head

PDA

Kimber45acp
February 19, 2010, 05:49 AM
OK, most of us have either seen some imbecile do this, or know about someone we know who has done this.

Premise: you're at someone's house and some idiot decides to be "funny" and put a gun to their head.

Do you:

A. leap and grab the gun, point it up, and take it from them if you can while yelling "what the f&^$k are you DOING!"

B. sit and watch, and hope for the best while politely saying, "if you don't put that down NOW I'm leaving right now, and if you ever do that again, I'll just walk out."

C. is there a third option?

This question was inspired by the tragedy today (which I suspect was a suicide) http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9735195 and by the way, after reading it, I would hope I would take option "A."

By the way, this happened exactly as portrayed in the anti's textbooks. :banghead::fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "You're at a house and some dingus puts a gun to their head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavenlyfire
February 19, 2010, 05:52 AM
Well, that depends, what kind of gun are they using and do I want it? Sorry bad joke. I would absolutely choose A.

0V3RC10CK3D
February 19, 2010, 06:00 AM
What an idiot, he wins the Darwin award for natural selection.

Bovice
February 19, 2010, 06:12 AM
Careful with option A. If their finger is on the trigger, and you pull the gun the wrong way, it'll go off. It's not like you're taking your books back from a bully at school.

I think B is the correct answer, modified slightly so that you're making your way out of the house while telling them to put the gun down.

Oyeboten
February 19, 2010, 06:19 AM
Yes...the 3rd option, "C"...is to immediately and silently leave the situation.

I would immediately leave any social/party/drinking/group situation where a Handgun is produced in an irresponsible, 'dramatic', theatrical, or intoxicated manner.

Any exceptions, for me, of my doing anything else, would be very slim to none.

Apple a Day
February 19, 2010, 07:02 AM
I don't hang out with 16 year olds. I don't sit around "playing cards" with 16 year olds who wave guns around.
The 16 year old with a handgun popped out the magazine and- being a stupid 16 year old with no sense and no training- thought it was unloaded, pulled the trigger expecting to hear 'click'. Instead he heard the first half of a BANG!
So, maybe option C would be to POINT OUT THAT THERE WAS STILL A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER... maybe, oh, BEFORE he blew his brains out all over the wall.

Kimber45acp
February 19, 2010, 07:06 AM
Apple, it was a revolver.

Shung
February 19, 2010, 07:14 AM
that's what the reporter wrote.. I'd bet it was a pistol.. how can you possibly remove the cartridges from a revolver not noticing that there is still a round chambered ? unless the gun was cocked.. but then, how would he have emptied it ?

DeepSouth
February 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
Careful with option A. If their finger is on the trigger, and you pull the gun the wrong way, it'll go off. It's not like you're taking your books back from a bully at school.

I agree, if the finger is on the trigger and you grab the gun there is a GOOD chance it's going to fire. Then he is still dead and you have tons of guilt and probably a lawsuit.

I like option 3, Don't socialize with people like that. I wouldn't have been there when the gun went off. With quotes like "He was just all playing around and stuff" and "He was just messing around, talking about Russian Rulette or something" I would have left when that kind of stupidity started.

Davek1977
February 19, 2010, 07:38 AM
OK, most of us have either seen some imbecile do this, or know about someone we know who has done this.

Nope, never seen it happen. of course, I'm pretty selective about who I'll spend my time with and whose company I'll keep, and generally avoid the Einstein types who would find such a thing entertaining or funny. I've survived 32 years without seeing such asinoine behavior played out in front of me, and I'm hoping to go the rest of my days without such an experience. Darwin has ways of thinning the herd, I guess......

U.S.SFC_RET
February 19, 2010, 07:45 AM
Depends on the situation. If he is distraught start talking. Life is worth living. Close in while talking and watch him.

TexasBill
February 19, 2010, 08:28 AM
When anyone tells me a gun is unloaded, it inspires in me an overwhelming urge to check the action for myself. I would have to go with "B."

Also the reporter doesn't know how to spell "Roulette."

Double Naught Spy
February 19, 2010, 08:43 AM
If it is "some dingus" and I witness such stupidity, then I make one attempt at telling him that what he is doing is wrong and then I am out of there.

Premise: you're at someone's house and some idiot decides to be "funny" and put a gun to their head.

I have seen dinguses on Youtube do stuff like that, but nobody I know in real life. I try to avoid the dingus element as much as possible.

rattletrap1970
February 19, 2010, 08:48 AM
If I ever saw this I would say, "Hang on, one sec." And when they paused to see why I said it, I would walk out. Most likely to never speak to them again.

russ69
February 19, 2010, 09:02 AM
As soon as any gun is displayed, "DUDE POINT THAT THING IN A SAFE DIRECTION AND OPEN THE ACTION." Say it loud and say it in a serious voice. I had to do that a few times, people just get careless sometimes.

Thanx, Russ

Dravur
February 19, 2010, 09:25 AM
Time to walk out and let Darwin take over.

TexasRifleman
February 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
I spend a good portion of time trying to avoid dingusii in the first place.

Rock Island
February 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
Ask him to hold on a minute so I can leave the room, don't want to get his blood and brains all over my clothing.

No friend of mine would ever do something like that no matter if I was there to see it or not, and if a stranger pulled a gun out to do that he would probably be shot by me the instant I saw the piece come into view.

Bubba613
February 19, 2010, 09:39 AM
1) Don't do stupid things.
2) Don't go to stupid parts of town
3) Don't hang around stupid people.

I think this falls into rule 3.

That said, I had two homeboys in the shop and while they were waiting for their gun to be repaired started pulling off some of the rifles and pointing them at each other. At first I was going to say something. Then I figured, why? Here it's safe. But they'll be acclimated to that and when they go home and do the same thing and it isn't safe I will have saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

Patriotme
February 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
You know people that do this?

huntsman
February 19, 2010, 09:47 AM

Do you:

A. leap and grab the gun, point it up, and take it from them if you can while yelling "what the f&^$k are you DOING!"

B. sit and watch, and hope for the best while politely saying, "if you don't put that down NOW I'm leaving right now, and if you ever do that again, I'll just walk out."

C. is there a third option?

This question was inspired by the tragedy today (which I suspect was a suicide) http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9735195 and by the way, after reading it, I would hope I would take option "A."

By the way, this happened exactly as portrayed in the anti's textbooks. :banghead::fire:
I vote for leave ASAP, I knew a guy who tried to disarm someone and it resulted in a homicide.

I don't get paid as a LEO so I don't do LEO work.

bdickens
February 19, 2010, 09:58 AM

Speak for yourself.

jackstinson
February 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
A teenage boy accidentally shot and killed himself while playing with a gun Thursday afternoon.
No "accident" to it...he put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. What is accidental about that?
Not to be snide, but this means there is less moron DNA in the gene pool for the next generation.
This kid was a 16-year-old high school freshman? Weren't most of us 14 when we were freshman? Refresh my memory, it's been 43 years since I was a freshman in HS.

Oh...to answer the OP's question; I wouldn't have been there to begin with.

kludge
February 19, 2010, 10:10 AM
"Police are looking for a person of interest seen leaving the scene of a fatal shooting. Neighbors say the man was wearing blue jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt and drove away in green Ford truck."

Personally I don't hang out with idiots or people who I know are prone to do illegal, stupid or reckless things. Guilty by association happens.

Had I been in the situation, I would have done something similar to B, and possibly add "call 911".

Scrapperz
February 19, 2010, 10:10 AM
When I was taught (by my Father) how to handle a gun, I was handed a fake gun and while practicing in front of him if I ever swung that barrel in an unsafe direction I was smacked and brow beaten until I understood what I had done. After 1 year of this I was trained and never pointed anything at anyone (not even my finger). I then always handled any firearm with the utmost respect. Soon after when I was in my backyard with one of my friends shooting my pellet gun and passing the gun to my friend he swung that barrel in front of me I told him not to ever do that again, and soon after he did it again, he laughed a little at me, I immediately took it from him and he was not my friend for quite some time. We both were 7yrs old.

wishin
February 19, 2010, 10:17 AM
Leave quickly. The hell of it is that someone that stupid may point it at you next!

ClayInTX
February 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
I saw it once. After high school graduation some kids were gathered at a picnic place beside the river. My wife knew some of the girls so we stopped by. Yes, we were young, too, and newly wed.

A young man had a small automatic and was trying to impress the girls by waving it around and pointing it at himself and others.

I grabbed my wife’s arm and in a low voice said, “We’re out of here. Don’t ask. Don’t argue.”

She started to ask why and I shut her up with as mean a look as I could muster. She hadn’t seen the gun while chatting with friends. As we drove away I explained.

No one got hurt or killed but even though I was very young I knew it was about as stupid an act as I had ever seen.

I made certain that the guy was never included in our circle of friends.

pbearperry
February 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
I would find some new friends real fast.

The Bushmaster
February 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
You asked for an "Option C"..."Can I help you pull the trigger?"

Walkalong
February 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Do you:

D: "Don't do that you idiot!", but I do not endanger myself as well. Morons.

Spencer_OKC
February 19, 2010, 10:46 AM

I would immediately leave any social/party/drinking/group situation where a Handgun is produced in an irresponsible, 'dramatic', theatrical, or intoxicated manner.

+1. Do not pass go, do not collect $200...leave immediately. At best this is an irresponsible stunt and removing yourself help remove some of the audience. At worst this is a mentally ill person whose instability may spill over onto you.

If I had the feeling the person was in a state of mental crisis I would leave the house and then call for help.

Bhamrichard
February 19, 2010, 12:02 PM
I've had this happen actually at my apartment. Though he wasn't drunk, a friend of mine thought it would be funny to put my cocked .38 to his head.. fortunately I was within 2 feet of him at the time, and I instinctively put my hand on top of the revolver with the skin between my thumb and finger in between the hammer and the cylinder.

He was verbally abused for 15 mins by myself and others that were at my home, and invited to leave until such time as he realized what he'd just done.

The model 15 was unloaded, but he had no way of knowing that, as he had not looked.

Pharmacology
February 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
At the very least, start shouting at them.

A guy I knew in High school, "John Wales" was the kind of guy so desperate for attention that he was always attempting "shock humor"
Apparently he tried to get a laugh at a party by putting the home-owner's revolver to his head and pulling the trigger.
Nobody laughed.

Fremmer
February 19, 2010, 12:08 PM
If a gun appears around anyone other than very good friends, I get the heck out of there. And if there's been drinking going on, I RUN the heck out of there.

I'm not going to try to grab a gun, or tell someone with a gun what to do. I'm going to leave!

mgmorden
February 19, 2010, 12:09 PM
Just leave. Not worth getting involved.

Not had this same thing happen, but something somewhat similar. I was over a one of my friends houses on a weekend. We like to go over and drink, watch TV, etc. Just have a good time. Since I know I'm likely to be drinking a bit (I usually sleep over), I don't carry a weapon with me. A few months back we were over doing our routine. His neighbor from two houses down is in his back yard. My buddy has talked to him a few times - they live two houses from each other afterall. So he gets invited over to hang out. When this guy gets there he's obviously WAY more intoxicated than we realized. Not just a little, but that barely conscious type of drunk.

Anyways, after about 45 minutes the neighbor reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small derringer and starts waving it around. Not intentionally (I think his original intent was just to pull it out and show if off), but a drunk guy is still sweeping about 4-5 of us with a loaded weapon. We immediately tell him to put it away but he just says "It's JUST a derringer." as if that makes it non-lethal or something. Then he starts telling this sob story about how he saw he mother beaten up as a kid and has to carry this around all the time now. After a bit of talking by buddy finally got him to hand him the gun. Not knowing much about handguns (my friend has several shotguns but has never even fired a handgun), my friend gave the gun to me to unload. After I did we gave him back the gun (empty) and asked him to leave. He doesn't get invited back anymore.

oldpuppymax
February 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
Although not all of my friends are physicists, I've never kept company with anyone THAT goofy.

shockwave
February 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
Strong disagreement with the "hang on a sec" group here. Strong disagreement.

Any time you witness someone doing something stupid with a gun, you have an opportunity to instruct them in good handling techniques. As people who are interested in maintaining our rights, it is in our interest to promote safety.

Every time some idiot misuses a gun, it makes all gun owners look bad. Maybe you won't be able to fix the problem, but you should try if you can.

As soon as any gun is displayed, "DUDE POINT THAT THING IN A SAFE DIRECTION AND OPEN THE ACTION."

Just like that.

John Wayne
February 19, 2010, 12:32 PM
I have actually seen people I would have otherwise thought responsible do just that. More often than not, they think it's funny, or want a reaction out of you.

You're really in a tough position, and can't do anything more than tell them to stop. If you intervene, you just got yourself into a situation where you may be struggling with an idiot over a gun. Also, if they did actually shoot themselves (intentionally or unintentionally), you are now involved.

Given a choice though, I would much rather an idiot be pointing a gun at his own head rather than mine.

tkopp
February 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
None of my friends are that retarded.

I know, the dreaded R word. Apt, though, if you're pointing a weapon at yourself and your friends. There's something wrong in your head.

I'd never make a sudden move at an armed man, especially if he was displaying irrational or suicidal behavior. That's a recipe for tragedy.

At the same time, I wouldn't stand by and say nothing or leave. There are tremendous social pressures in a crowd. So many have been socialized to mind their own business, stay quiet, he must know what he's doing, etc. Kitty Genovese, Bystander Effect, whatever you want to call it -- speaking up when there's a crowd of people accepting a behavior is hard. If not you, then whom?

Well, I'll be that guy. You should, too. Make your disapproval clear in your voice and expression, speak loudly, take charge. If they're impervious, make it clear (vocally!) that you won't be around someone that dangerous and leave, hopefully you'll take anyone with sense with you. Lead the pack of people who are too afraid to speak up.

Pyzon
February 19, 2010, 01:53 PM

Any exceptions, for me, of my doing anything else, would be very slim to none.

And in my case, there would never be a repeat performance with this individual or his "friends", as I would never, ever be in their company again.

Bad stuff always happens, eventually, to idiots like this, or worse, to the people around them.

rygould
February 19, 2010, 02:11 PM
I read this story this morning, and what a sad situation.

Sad that he had access to a gun without supervision, and did not have the good sense to leave it alone.

It is amazing the things that teens will do to get attention or a laugh, or just for a good time. I find myself constantly amazed that a young person's mind can't fathom the stupidity of their decisions or the degree of danger they will casually place themselves in.

I teach my kids to leave, even though they are taught to properly handle firearms. The do not need to be there. However, leaving is only half of it. They need to contact an adult or someone of authority immediately!

It is a shame that none of the other kids had enough sense to get out and get help. This could have ended very differently if everyone this young man was attempting to impress got up and ran away and called for help.

Mags
February 19, 2010, 02:13 PM
Get new friends man, words don't express the stupidity of anyone who would willfully choose to associate with people who think or act like that.

Big_E
February 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
This always reminds me about "The Deer Hunter" where DeNiro grabs the gun and says "You wanna play games!" I know I will never ever mess around like that especially if I don't want it pointed at myself.

To answer OP's question, well it does depend on the person, but I don't hang out with people I hate so I would yell at them to not do that.

Carne Frio
February 19, 2010, 02:28 PM
Post # 5 has the best answer to your question.

devildog32713
February 19, 2010, 02:33 PM
A, if he is close enough and I know I can do it, just leave if he's across the room and there's now way I could get to him. And I would probably call someone who works with mental cases, hey, and I'm one of those "dumb teenagers", although I would NEVER pull a stunt like that. NEVER in a thousand years,

cleardiddion
February 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
I have to say I'd just leave. Don't need no freaking idiots like that in my mind. Plus, I rather like my clothes and last I heard blood and brains don't come out too easy. If he wants to do something like that the way I see it, fine, but I'm not going to stick around to deal with any of that.

Sano
February 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
There is no best answer for this. What I would do would depend on who else was there. Sometimes you can't just leave. There may be others there who are not aware of the danger. My only concern would be for innocent bystanders. If the person is suicidal, he could easily become homicidal. As far as I'm concerned suicide is homicide.

mljdeckard
February 19, 2010, 02:59 PM
I saw the story and thought about it.

The truth is, there are a lot of factors we just don't know. Did he do it suddenly, or was he messing around for a long time? Was he joking, or serious? Are the eyewitness accounts accurate, or were they modified to minimize embarrassment and culpability? Was it a situation where you could have grabbed the gun, and the guy would struggle with you? (WITH BOTH OF YOUR HANDS ON A GUN THAT WAS POINTED AT HIS HEAD?)

A lot of this is situation dependent, and the truth is, we have no idea what the situation was.

edit: watching the news right now, the gun was stolen.

buck460XVR
February 19, 2010, 03:03 PM

I'm gone. Don't need that s%#t. Someone wants to act reckless with a firearm, they can endanger themselves. Folks that stupid would probably miss and hit me.

gym
February 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
The way I am I find it hard to imagine the kid ever getting the gun anyware near his head. Upon seeing a gun come out I immediatlly would have slapped him so hard,while grabing the muzzle away from him, that he would have dropped whatever he had in his hand. As I have seen my uncle, "an ex marine DI" do to young men years ago when teaching proper firearms saftey procedures to us younger generation nephews. If you hesitate in a situation like that when seconds count, something bad will almost always happen.

rocky branch
February 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
I've travelled some low roads in my 62 years, but never seen anything that dumb.

I have no reason or responsibility to educate him on anything.
I will un-ass the area.
Every man for himself.
In my youth, as a SF combat vet NCO, i would have ripped his arm off and stuck it where the sun don't shine. Simply for creating a dangerous situation for innocent bystanders. Not today-too old and too slow.

A few years ago some genius thought he could jump and disarm a bank robber.
Got kilt for his trouble.

Ragnar Danneskjold
February 19, 2010, 04:53 PM
I don't hang out at houses where people act like that with guns.

NMGonzo
February 19, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'd just say nothing, get in the car, and drive away.

Robert
February 19, 2010, 05:16 PM
Same thing I did in high school when my best friend tried to kill himself right in front of me. Jam my hand between the hammer and the firing pin. I still have the scar on the webbing between my left thumb and fore finger. I took it away from him and called my dad to come over.

danprkr
February 19, 2010, 07:15 PM

Ditto

9mmepiphany
February 19, 2010, 07:35 PM
i've been in a room when this has happened. he wasn't a moron, he was just depressed over a breakup with a girlfriend...that's why a couple of us were over there.

there is an option (C)

i told him that if he really want to shoot himself, that he needed to wait a moment so that i could get out of the line of spray from his brain matter and i wanted to put down my coffee so i could plug my ears.

he was just wanting attention and he discovered he wasn't going to get it from us

hso
February 19, 2010, 07:42 PM
C - Get up and walk out and never go back.

thorazine
February 20, 2010, 03:45 AM
If the firearm is of reasonable value or quality...

Locate some paper and a pen,

Draft a note:

In the event of my death (state name of dumbass) I hereby transfer ownership of (...) to (...) etc .. etc ..

-and-

Have a few witnesses sign off on the make shift form.

Date.
Other info..
..etc..

wilkersk
February 20, 2010, 07:51 AM
1) Don't do stupid things.
2) Don't go to stupid parts of town
3) Don't hang around stupid people.

I think this falls into rule 3.
...{snip}

I've actually read something from one of the "self-defense" gurus (can't remember who) that basically said the same thing.

He said something like, "self-defense is 95% avoiding stupid people and/or going to stupid places." Whats interestesting was that this was in response to someone's question about how likely it was to ever need to use deadly force to defend yourself.

I had an older cousin who was accidentally killed while trying to teach his young wife how to handle a shotgun. This happened when I was 9. It made a big impression. All the kids in our family learned gun safety at a young age.

V1ROT8
February 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
The last thing anyone would hear from me is "goodbye" and I would never ever be with them again...ever.

clamman
February 20, 2010, 09:38 AM
Well it wasn't in a house, it was out in the deer woods. My cousin (when we were teens) thought it would be funny to point his rifle at me. I told him to not point it at me. When he put it down I walked over and beat the **** out of him. He don't point guns anymore.

robert garner
February 20, 2010, 10:11 AM
Been there(similar situation),done that(intervened)I have a rather odd sense of humor and am chuckling as I remember this.
Young man aimed a rifle at his wife as I realized what he was doing my arm automatically raised to deflect his rifle upwards,after some choice words, and to prove his rifle was unloaded, he placed the muzzle on the toe of his boot and fired.
Immediate silence...he removed the muzzle and there is a smoking hole in his boot, he moved his foot to reveal a smoking hole in the dirt...he dropped the rifle and pulled his boot off to reveal a still smoking hole in his right big toe "You gotta take me to a hospital!"
"Bulls-it"
"I can't drive, you gotta"
"Freakin' walk"
Next AM
Knock Knock Knock
Morning Deputy,you want some coffee?
"No this is Official"
"Bout Mark shooting his toe?"
"uh Yes; You wanta tell me what happened?'
I did
"Yeah thats the story I got, thank you"
robert

ConstitutionCowboy
February 20, 2010, 12:41 PM

Who am I to interfere with natural selection? I stick my fingers in my ears, back out of the room slowly, and don't stop to say "good buy".

If I'm not the only one in the room with the Darwinian dolt, I'll stop outside the room and take a bead on him in case he turns his idiocy toward someone else. Maybe. It all depends. By then I may have to use the bathroom.

After getting out of there, I reassess my friend-picking modus operandi.

Woody

Zach S
February 20, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'd bring up an old buddy from school. He was just goofing off with an unloaded gun too.

Redneck with a 40
February 20, 2010, 04:23 PM
Maybe the parents should have taught this dip**** the proper handling of firearm's, that they are not toy's, take him to the range, teach him safety. The kid was an uneducated moron and that's what happens when moron's handle and play with guns.

Secondly, what good is a gun for home defense when its locked up, seperate from the ammo? Seems pointless to me. This problem could be greatly diminished through proper education, instead of making home defense guns worthless being locked up seperate from the ammo.

duns
February 20, 2010, 04:45 PM
B. But I would probably start by saying "Put the gun down NOW as there might be a round in the chamber." Then I would give him a seminar on the four rules.

jakemccoy
February 20, 2010, 05:53 PM
My response would depend on the circumstances, there is not one right answer. However, I'm pretty sure A is the wrong response in almost every circumstance. Note that the guy is an idiot holding a gun to his head, presumably with his finger on the trigger. Guys like that are usually erratic and spastic. Be careful. While you're leaping at the person to move the gun, the guy has plenty of time to freak out, twitch and pull the trigger. Could you live with yourself knowing that you, with your good intentions, were a link in the chain of causation for the guy's death? I couldn't.

rocky branch
February 20, 2010, 06:14 PM
Anybody who never spent any quality time around stupid people in stupid places has missed a lot.
I would never consider a bit of advice that came out of his mouth.

texas bulldog
February 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
i have never seen anyone do that, nor do i know of anyone who has. i exclude people like that from my social circle. if i were to witness such an act, i would depart post-haste. who knows where someone like that might point the gun next.

zignal_zero
February 20, 2010, 06:27 PM
add a vote for "LEAVE" guns and recklessness are a bad combination and guns (by their very nature) are dangerous to people even at a distance. i believe the smartest thing to do would be to slip out as un-noticeable as possible to avoid becoming his focus.

or you could just draw your weapon, acquire a good sight picture center mass and shout "DROP THE GUN MF'R" :D

The Bushmaster
February 20, 2010, 07:05 PM
zignal zero...Is that something like "signal zero" in the Navy?

zignal_zero
February 20, 2010, 10:22 PM
zignal zero...Is that something like "signal zero" in the Navy?

"Signal Zero" was already taken when i set up my yahoo email address. so, i used Zignal instead and it's just kinda stuck.

never been in the Navy, so i don't know if it means the same thing, but YES it's LEO code. just like our clan on Call of Duty Modern Warfare is called "Sig5" :D

The Bushmaster
February 21, 2010, 10:27 AM
"Signal Zero" in the Navy is to go silent as in completely shut down all power aboard a ship. I was stationed on a torpedo test firing craft and we would go to "signal Zero" to insure acoustic torpedos that we fired didn't return to us...Just curious. Thanks...

Arkansas Paul
February 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
I don't make a habit of becoming friends with dumba$$ people like that.

Art Eatman
February 21, 2010, 11:08 AM
I'm with hso. I'd leave, without comment. I'd have two thoughts: "Ron White is correct," and, "Evolution works."

jpwilly
February 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
I'd make like a tree and leave.

If you enjoyed reading about "You're at a house and some dingus puts a gun to their head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!