Anybody own one of those .17 cal revolvers?

PDA

makdaddy03
January 21, 2003, 01:38 AM
How is the accuracy and power of this little round through a revolver? Does it compare to the 22mag.?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody own one of those .17 cal revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
seeker_two
January 21, 2003, 12:22 PM
www.gunblast.com/TaurusTracker17.htm

Hope this helps...:D

mec
January 21, 2003, 09:18 PM
the link by seeker two describes my experiences with one of these so closely that I will just recommend the gunblast article rather than boring you with my info. Better ammunition performance than I generally see in 6" .22 mags

Lone_Gunman
January 21, 2003, 09:31 PM
What exactly would one do with a 17 caliber handgun?

Jason Demond
January 22, 2003, 08:17 PM
What exactly would one do with a 17 caliber handgun?
My thoughts exactly. What can these handguns do, that a .22LR or .22Mag couldn't.

popeye
January 23, 2003, 01:16 PM
When they first came out with the rifles, local gunshops couldn't keep them in stock. I think the Rugers are still a hot item. 2550 fps. makes a nice varmint killer. Guys around here claim Coyote kills with it. I don't think I'd use on Coyotes, cause while I hate the suckers, I think .223 would produce more likelyhood of humane kill. I bought a .17 Ruger from a guy at a show for $275 since I dont have a .22 magnum rifle. It does the trick on squirells n gophers, but no better than my Marlin 39A.

So I see no purpose for a .17 handgun, since no indoor range around here will allow them. I also have 3 .22 handguns. Ammo is much cheaper for them than a .17. MANY MANY moons ago I had a S&W 53. It was sold long ago and now the 53 has kind of a cult following. I wish I still had it but even then I shot .22 LR out of it 98% of the time.

sw442642
January 24, 2003, 12:03 AM
What y'all think of the new NAA minis in the caliber. I've seen several lately
and avoided buying them as it would be that fun gun that is useless.

BUT FUN!

Zander
January 24, 2003, 01:56 AM
What y'all think of the new NAA minis in the caliber. Didn't know they were available.

Hmmm...can't think of any reason that I would choose one over the basic model in .22LR or .22Mag except for the uniqueness of ownership.

Certainly, the NAA minis are weapons designed for close social encounters of the worst sort...the superior long-range ballistics of the .17Mag would seem to be somewhat unnecessary. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody own one of those .17 cal revolvers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!