hodgdon lot numbers

PDA

birdshot8's
February 20, 2010, 06:18 PM
i asked this question on another thread but later realized it was a sticky thread so maybe it wasn't seen. i am wondering if the orange sticker afixed to the bottom of my canister of h4227 which has an 11 digit number on the sticker would be the lot number.
i had thought the sticker was a store inventory number but could find no other numbers on the canister which appeared to be a lot number.

If you enjoyed reading about "hodgdon lot numbers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
February 20, 2010, 10:00 PM
Yes, that's the lot number.

Hope this helps.

Fred

GP100man
February 21, 2010, 08:45 PM
Give em a call they`ll even tell ya when it was produced !!

I called `bout a # of h-110 & they told me it was made in `88 & under good shelf conditions this powder should go 60 yrs !!

birdshot8's
February 22, 2010, 08:51 AM
i thought it was the lot number. it was just not very secure for such an important bit of information. the imr people actually print the lot on the label, which seems smarter.

GP100man
February 22, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hodgdon does now .

If you enjoyed reading about "hodgdon lot numbers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!