Handi Rifle

PDA

RKellogg
February 21, 2010, 04:32 AM
I just seen a H&R 25-06 " Handi Rifle " on Gunbroker . Anyone know how the H&R rifles shoot . I always see them for sale , and hate to admit it , but I turn my nose up at them because they are so cheap . Am I missing out on something or are they poor shooters .

If you enjoyed reading about "Handi Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
natman
February 21, 2010, 05:47 AM
Fit and finish is utilitarian, but they shoot OK by most accounts. If you're on a budget I would take a long look at the Marlin XL7. Not a lot more than a Handi rifle, but a lot more gun.

PAPACHUCK
February 21, 2010, 06:17 AM
I've got a H&R .308 that is a tackdriver with the right ammo. Most of the NEF rifles I've seen work well.

Guvnor
February 21, 2010, 09:26 AM
They shoot well for the money. I had one in .17 hmr. Trigger is very crisp, if slightly on the heavy side. Ive heard of guys floating the forend for better accuracy.

If you get one, go to these forums and check out the FAQ. Lots of good info.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/board,126.0.html

greyling22
February 21, 2010, 09:47 AM
these guys know EVERYTHING about handi's http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/board,126.0.html

oops, guvnor beat me to it. that's what happens when you open a page then eat breakfast, then post without refreshing.

MachIVshooter
February 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
The handi rifles are good little guns. I have two, a featherweight .223 and a heavy barreled .22 Hornet. While not as precise as more expensive rifles, they shoot pretty decent. At 100 yards, The .223 is ~ 1.5 MOA, and I've been able to get the hornet down to nearly one MOA with handloading. They're not the tack drivers that a Remington or Savage bolt gun are, but for the money, they work quite well. I think I paid $100 for the .223 used and $220 for the .22 Hornet brand new.

Inkwithattitude
February 21, 2010, 12:44 PM
I also own a handi rifle in the .22 hornet and hand loads are the way to go! With mine too

If you enjoyed reading about "Handi Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!