Mounting Night Vision Scope

PDA

Gun Geezer
February 21, 2010, 03:00 PM
I own a night vision scope (NAIT Viper) designed specfically for an AR-15 / M16 rifle. It has an ELCAN mount and is a very short length scope (about 6 inches).

To mount this scope on a normal bolt action rifle (Rem 700, etc) I invision it, I need a mount that attach to a normal base and have a somewhat long extension back toward the shooter so the night scope can be used with a normal check weld.

Does anyone make such a mount adapter?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting Night Vision Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.62 Nato
February 21, 2010, 03:10 PM
Do you have a link to your set up ? The Elcan scopes I found appear to have a standard Weaver or Picatinny style base. I don't find anything referancing a ELCAN base. Is yours for a carry handle or flat top mount ?

Gun Geezer
February 21, 2010, 03:29 PM
The night vision scope is semi-permanently mounted onto the ELCAN mount.

The ELCAN is a mount specifically made to:
1. Allow the sight to be removed and re-attached without loss of zero.
2. Allow elevation and windage adjustment of the mount that also adusts zero.
3. Fit a flat top with Picatinny.

I don't even own an AR. Got the scope from aunt. Don't ask why she had it!

Sorry I don't have pics, but I'll work on that this afternoon. Need to find that camera!

gb0399
February 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
there is a picatinny rail that is made for the M24 which is a .308 700. it is only as long as the receiver. dont know if that would work for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting Night Vision Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!