Press Monitor Available...

PDA

alank2
February 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you are interested in a press monitor or just want to check out my idea turned into a product please see:

www.pressmonitordevice.com

I've tried to think of everything I could to put into it. It monitors the users press actions and will let you know if any action is incorrect - such as forgetting to rotate the shellplate on a 550 for example, or not fully cycling the press as well.

It also has many statistics including rounds loaded, rounds per hour, etc.

Thanks,

Alan

If you enjoyed reading about "Press Monitor Available..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
freakshow10mm
February 21, 2010, 04:25 PM
Very cool to see it on the market. Congrats and give 'em hell!

Take care of yourself too. Long time no see.

warnerwh
February 21, 2010, 09:04 PM
I like it! Definitely a good idea. I'd sure like to see how it works. I mean does it have sensors or ?

freakshow10mm
February 21, 2010, 09:21 PM
Prices are on his website.

Hondo 60
February 21, 2010, 09:54 PM

+1

freakshow10mm
February 21, 2010, 10:18 PM
Whoa, Manitowoc. I was born and raised in Oshkosh. Small world.

UltimateReloader
February 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
Alan- Very cool- love to see people inventing stuff and "hopping up" there presses.

A couple thoughts:
- You should embed your YouTube video in your site so that visitors can just click a "Play" button
- If you could move the sensor details to an overview page instead of FAQ, that might help too

Hope you do well with this!

mcdonl
February 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
Nice!!

BFE
February 22, 2010, 08:19 PM
Very cool unit, are you going to upgrade these to include all the different presses.

alank2
October 26, 2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry BFE - I didn't see your question before now. I thought I had marked this thread as email notify. What type of press do you have, it is likely supported. PM me or post in this thread, I've got it on notify now!

I'm taking $15 off Press Monitors and $10 off Press Guards until Christmas.

See the new prices at my website:

http://pressmonitordevice.com/

Thanks!!!

Alan

alank2
November 8, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know I will be at the huge Tulsa gun show this weekend - Wanenmacher on Nov 13th/14th, 2010. I will be on the upper lever, west wall of the building at table RW21. I will have a Dillon 550 setup and you can come try out the Press Monitor or Press Guard first hand, or just stop by to say hi!

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
March 24, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am running a FREE USA Shipping promotion on Press Monitors until 3/31/2011:

To see all that this unit is capable of, please check out the manual:

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/Press%20Monitor%20Manual.pdf

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
March 24, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Freakshow10mm!!!

I can't believe I missed your posts before now! I hope things are going well for you. I miss you over at GP.

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
April 20, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have lowered the price on our most fully featured Press Monitor DP by $10. See my website at:

Thanks,

Alan

Branden967
April 20, 2011, 04:02 PM
How do the switches attached to the press itself?

alank2
April 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hi,

I supply strong 3M double stick tape and the manual covers how to prep and clean the surface to get an excellent bond. You can remove the sensors easily and redo them so no changes to your press to be concerned about.

If someone wanted to drill and tap their press it is an option as the sensors have tiny mounting holes (#2-56 which is VERY small), but I personally see no need to do this as I've had excellent results with the 3M tape. I've got about 3000 rounds loaded on my Dillon 550 since I put the sensors on with the tape last year and they haven't budged and are solidly on as they ever were.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with! What type of press do you have?

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
April 27, 2011, 10:35 AM
Hi,

Both models are in back in stock!

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/pmselgray.jpg
http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/pmdpblack.jpg

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
June 10, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

First, I wanted to mention that we are doing a FREE US shipping promotion until fathers day at our website:

Also, we have a newer lower cost product available that does not have press monitoring, but provides a press light and round counter or a press light and round counter plus statistics:

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/media/pcboard_small.jpg

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
June 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hi,

Bump! Prices on my website have been lowered $5.

Thanks,

Alan

petrey10
June 29, 2011, 04:11 PM
I would love to get one for my Lock N Load AP... is it applicable to that press? Really wish it would store a TOTAL ROUND COUNT but I guess thats what a pen and paper can do...

Steve Koski
June 29, 2011, 04:27 PM
Right on Alank2. Very cool!

Koski

alank2
June 29, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hi Petrey10,

I would love to get one for my Lock N Load AP... is it applicable to that press?

It works great with the LNL. At least 10 people have bought it for the LNL and they must not be having any issues finding a good place to mount the sensors because they never ask for any help on it. I'm hoping one of them will send me some good pictures I can add to the manual for LNL users. You won't have any issues with the LNL. I have a 30 day money back guarantee as well. Deal with confidence; I want ALL my customers to be happy.

Really wish it would store a TOTAL ROUND COUNT but I guess thats what a pen and paper can do...

It already has this feature! It also has a total press time and will tell you your total overall RPH for all your reloading sessions.

It will also keep track of how many rounds or hours since you've last done press maintenance and remind you about that as well.

To see all that it can do, check out the manual here:

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/media/pressmonitormanual.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help,

Alan

alank2
June 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Steve,

Right on Alank2. Very cool!

Thanks, I appreciate it!! :)

Alan

petrey10
June 29, 2011, 05:21 PM
sorry i meant the cheap round counter version... i meant I wish it counted rounds per session and total press rounds...

alank2
June 29, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Petrey10,

PM sent.

Thanks,

Alan

alank2
July 4, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hi,

I'm having a 1 day July 4th sale today!!!

See:

http://www.pressmonitordevice.com/order.htm

Happy 4th everyone!!

Alan

If you enjoyed reading about "Press Monitor Available..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!