NECG peep sight on a Ruger No. 1

PDA

almostfree
February 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
Has anyone had luck using one with a Ruger No. 1? I am thinking of putting it on my Ruger No. 1H in .375 H&H. I bought one of their sights a few years ago for a CZ 550 in .375 H&H, but I couldn't get a front sight tall enough to work with it. Same thing with a CZ 550FS in 6.5 swede. Does it seem to sit at about the same height as the factory rear or is it taller?

If you enjoyed reading about "NECG peep sight on a Ruger No. 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jkingrph
February 21, 2010, 05:30 PM
I have used one. They are rather clunky looking, and not easy to adjust. Once adjusted ok. I did not have any trouble using the factory front on my #1 .458 mag.

sandmatt
February 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
I have one on my #1 in 45-70 and like it. Factory front sight worked perfectly, mine is zeroed for 100 yards- quality product.

If you enjoyed reading about "NECG peep sight on a Ruger No. 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!