Can't decide!

PDA

Storz
February 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
I am going to be purchasing a rifle in the next month or so and am totally torn between two very different rifles. This will be primarily a range toy, and double has HD should the situation ever (unfortunately) arise. I certainly don't want this to turn into a ".22lr OK for HD" thread - I've read all of them on here for the most part. I should add that I'll be adding an inexpensive 12g to the collection sometime this summer.

I am debating between a CETME or a GSG-5

I really want the CETME but with the price of ammo skyrocketing I am having my reservations, the thought of it costing a couple hundred bucks to spend a day at the range is a big turn off on this rifle. However I have a soft spot for old battle rifles and think the CETME would just be a really cool gun to own.

From everything I've read on the GSG-5 people seem to absolutely love them, and its hard to argue with the price of .22lr ammo.

So which would you go for, picking between these two...?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't decide!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
February 21, 2010, 06:01 PM
Didn't the GSG-5 get shut down in that law suit? If so that might be the better one to grab now before prices go up.

Storz
February 21, 2010, 06:02 PM
There are a few used ones available near me, and they are still making them with some slight changes under the name GSG-522

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't decide!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!